1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty Five: Zombie Killin' time!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Shezza, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

So, who has CoD5 yet? I acquired myself a copy from my good friend, isohunt. It's not CoD4 at all and the campaign is pretty generic (although a round of applause for using some Japs in WW2), but the Zombie Nazi level is fucking awesome.

It's also pretty much unbeatable without co-op. Anybody here have a copy and know how to use Hamachi?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I've got it. Great game. Pretty much stayed awake until I hit 65 in multiplayer too.

Send me invite and I'll play Nazi's with ya. (Record with team: 22) We died there 'cause I tried to get someone up who was near the couch... -.-

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Rented it and cleared campaign mode in like three hours. Flamethrower and the trench gun are a damn near unbeatable combination most of the time, and there's something satisfying about throwing a primed mortar at a bunch of armed Japanese people, or stabbing one in the neck after knocking his bayonet aside. =/ It's a good game, but it has nothing on CoD 4. Was way too easy I thought.

But I have to ask... Zombie Nazi? o_O

4. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Yeah, it's horde mode for Call of Duty once you finished the game.

5. Iztiak

It's awesome.

And personally, I like 5 better than 4. Maybe not the campaign, it was a bit too easy/short, though there were some pretty good bits in it, but the multiplayer I like more.

6. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I noticed that its hard to score a positive k/d ratio in cod5 also it seems to me that there are many many more campers :\

7. Iztiak

I'm doing alright for KD. At least I was until it started doing the 2 flashing red lights after a while of playing COD5.

It works fine for most everything else, except for about 15 minutes of cod5. Anyone know what this is? (Warranty expired btw)

8. Skykes

Dont have a clue but I noticed once or twice my game's fps got really really shitty(around 10 I would guess) when I was the host of a game.

9. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    So it's CoD5's Airplane level?

10. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I recently happened upon a CoD pack, which included all CoD releases. I'm working my way though the fourth right now, and can't see myself going back to a game set in the past.

I actually just beat the sniping mission on veteran in 4, that was one of the best moments of my gaming life. =D

11. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Nazi Zombies ftw!, me and some friends got to 28 heh. Ray guns ffffftttwww.

12. Nefar

Nefar Seventh Year

How do you do that? I've never managed to get above 15, although I could probably get higher if I had actually intelligent teammates. I'm assuming everyone (4 people?) got the ray guns, but what rooms did you open and in what order?

13. Iztiak

First, open the door to the Hell/Help room. After everyone has very good guns, preferably all ray guns, open the couch in the Help room.

Go upstairs and back against the railing near the other couch.

1 person spams grenades as there's a place to buy them, 1 person guards the window, and the other two watch the door.

Also, make sure you are very, very careful if the window guy gets knocked down, I tried to get him back up last time I tried and screwed the whole team over at about lv 23 by opening the couch behind us.

I haven't bothered trying again.

14. Nefar

Nefar Seventh Year

Huh. That's pretty much what I've done so far. I guess the difference must be team (+ the cooperation aspect you mentioned) and rayguns.

I wish the flamethrower did more damage. As it is, its useless at the higher levels because it doesn't kill things fast enough. You'd think having burning napalm poured all over them would tend to put a zombie down fairly quickly... but no.

Also, the bane of my Naze!Zombie life is the people on Xbox Live - specifically, their utter lack of tactical sense. I just played three games in a row where they opened up every blocked access way and I ended up having to go rambo with the flamethrower because they all died.

15. J22

J22 Seventh Year

Everyone seems to just hide in corners where the zombies can't get them on xbox live, leaving me to guard the place with mah sawed off shotgun. Bastards.

16. Skykes

New map pack came out today, it has 4 new maps. Including a new zombie level. I have yet to actually renew xbox gold and buy some points so I have not played any of the maps yet :/

17. Nefar

Nefar Seventh Year

Good news - the new zombie map is pretty fun. Quite a bit more complex than the first with the inclusion of buyable perks, mines, etc., and its early enough that the best 'place of last resort' hasn't been definitively found yet. The Run and Gun strategy is quite a bit easier now.

Bad news - the average (read: hilariously low) skill level of your team has carried over from the previous.

There are 4 buyable perks: Juggernaut, Faster Reload, Double Tap, Quick Revive. Maybe another one I've forgot. I've found them to be, in order of usefulness, F. Reload, D. Tap, Jug, and Q. Revive. Sawed-off shotguns are actually useful now (F.Reload + D.Tap)

Really bad news - the random weapon chest can be destroyed.

Also, is it just me, or did they rebalance the point values to make it much harder to amass over several thousand?

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Anyone still play this? I just got Shezza to buy it legit and we need atleast one more person for nazi zombro' mode.

19. Skykes

What system ? (I only have it legit on Xbox)

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

PC. /filler