1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Medicinal Lullaby by Shivakashi - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Synchro, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Title: Medicinal Lullaby
    Author: Shivakashi
    Category: WIP
    Rating: M
    Pairings: Naruto/Sakura
    Chapters: 32
    Words: 275,134
    Updated: April 10, 2010
    Published: September 1, 2008
    Link: Medicinal Lullaby
    Summary: Fighting to keep hope in his friend, struggling to come to terms with Jiraiya’s death, Uzumaki Naruto doesn’t need any more on his plate. Sadly, that’s what lands on his doorstep. Literally. Post Manga ch. 406 Naruto centric Naru? MaturING!Naruto & DILF!

This is a good story. Fluff-y a lot of the time, which people here may not like very much and some other irritating points like mentions of Jiraiya's "spy network" that Naruto has to manage and a bunch of angst in the first few chapters, but over all it was enjoyable. Worth a mention in my opinion. 4/5

Checked: June 7, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  2. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

It's a nice story, but there seems to be potential for a lot of fluff coming up in a bit, so it'll really depend on how the author manages it. There's pretty decent character department, some interesting ideas, it's not too cliche and the action is engaging, though a bit unrealistic at points. I loved the idea of the Stick despite it. Good read. 4/5

3. This Guy

This Guy Squib

Uhm, DILF?

I cringed a little inside.

Otherwise, I like it, it's a decent story--not great--, but I feel it's time well spent reading it.

4/5

4. Synchro

;) Actually I didn't realize what DILF was until after I'd started reading this story. But yeah, I had a 'cringe' moment too, when I realized what it was.

5. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Please explain what DILF is. I am not sure if it is something I will dislike.

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dad I'd Like to Fuck.

7. liath

liath Seventh Year

This fic is utterly brilliant. The most recent chapter was absolutely epic.

The chapter featured Naruto versus Pain and Konan.

I give it a definite 5/5. There's very little actual romance yet at this point. It is more focused on the plot. It develops very nicely.

The summary does not do this fic justice.

I've enjoyed every update, and can't wait for the next one.

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

But we know it'll be all romance from this point on :p Sakura rescured him.

It's not bad, I've been following it, though, 'DILF' and Juuhi annoy me to no end.

9. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

I don't think there's any way Naruto can be as powerful as he is throughout this whole fic. He destroys Kisame and Zetsu. This is without the sage training I think and the second is away from ninja life?

10. Synchro

Well, Kisame was destroyed by the Kyuubi acting through Naruto, not by Naruto himself.

As for Zetsu, remember that the Kage Bunshin training makes his potential greater than any ninja ever. What I mean is that he can do several decades worth of training and growing in a few months and he had more than a year of training before he faced Zetsu if I'm remembering right. It wasn't away from ninja life either. Remember that he was doing the "spy network" thing and getting indirect training from the toads in the form of scrolls and advice.

So it isn't really hard to believe that Naruto defeated Zetsu. He killed Kakuzu twice with one shot after all (as ridiculous as that may sound) and this was after merely a few days of training.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's a nice fic. The action is good and the fluffiness is the most tolerable I've read in a long while.

The whole having a child thing nearly put me off, admittedly, but I got through that and I'm glad I did. The fluff and action are merged amazingly well and Naruto's progress is definitely one of the better explained ones I've seen. His fight with Pein and Konan was especially excellent, and I like the way Zetsu was portrayed as a recon agent rather than just another unstoppable villain.

Overall it gets a 4/5 from me, because while it's a good fic there were periods when it felt a bit dry.

12. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

I had been putting off reading this for a long time because of DILF in the summary. But I finally sat down and read it and I think it's now my favorite Naruto story. Good writing and pacing on pretty original Idea. Lack of a pussified Naruto is also a big plus.

Things that upsets me is I decided to pick it up at a time when the author said it will be a while for an update. She also put the elemental countries in the southern hemi-sphere which was interesting but she screwed the month/season progression up. That or the elemental countries have a completely fucked up climate.

13. Synchro

Well...this one's been updated. Unedited chapter with no plot movement, bunch of fluff - almost angst - but expected I guess with Naruto coming back to Konoha and going straight to the hospital unconscious.

Also there'll be no chapters for the next month 'cuz author's off on holiday.

14. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

I stopped reading when he just insta-gibbed Kisame with brute force. I mean, the only reason I kept going that long was that it had an overall positive rating here. It's terrible. Just a pile of fluff on an OC, a sentimental Kyuubi, and a fairly awkward writing style.

1/5

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The story doesn't pick up until directly after that, when Naruto leaves Konoha. That's not to say there won't be any fluff, since a good portion of it is him raising his daughter, but it does have a plot and it is pretty damn interesting. The battle with Pein later on is especially good.

Just plow through that bit and you'll start getting to the good stuff.

16. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

The latest chapter was a bit of a let down for me. No movement of plot, no action, just a bunch of sentimental fluff and childish jealousy. I hope the next update will be a bit better than this.

17. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Well the latest chapter was a transitional chapter. You're now moving away from Naruto in exile to Naruto living in Konoha and his reintroduction to characters.

Kyuubi is really a little bastard, not at all sentimental. When Naruto goe to speak to it in one of the latest chapters the kyuubi bitches at Naruto for being too strong now. He had a plan to get out of the seal and Naruto fucked up the plan.

The story has a good premise that I haven't seen too much and its pretty good imo. 4.5/5

18. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Guess you can't edit posts after so long, oh well.

Just posting to say that it's been updated and it involves some Naruto verbally smackdowning Danzou, also he kinda whines a bit, but it's not something we haven't seen in this fic. Think back to just before he left.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  19. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Overall I'd have to say that this is a very good fic, the fights are engaging, the characters are interesting and the father/daughter fluff is at the very least tolerable, I actually found myself enjoying it.

Downsides are the first chapter and the Kyuubi/Naruto vs Kisame fight and the later development of the Kyuubi, the grandmother innkeeper figure, who although she is fairly important for naruto's development as a character is just too damn nice. Finally the latest chapter inclusive of the Naruto-Danzo rant just seemed inappropriate and stupid, supposedly he's Konoha's new spymaster yet he's shouting, whinging and accusing in the Hokage's office with the entirety of the senior council present.

I think his development of combat skills outside of sage mode is excellent although I remain wary of the author vastly overpowering naruto (what with the special chakra coils and their comments about how he could become the best ninja ever).

As it is the story gets a 4/5 in my book although there is still potential for that to plummet should he make it naruto/repentant sakura and move it into more romantic territory.

20. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

For some reason I didn't find it all that interesting, in terms of plot its pretty standard. But the writing deserves at least a 4.