1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Saved Webpages

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by thisperson, Dec 27, 2008.

1. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Hello my fellow DLP'ers. I recently bought myself an itouch and was wondering if there was anyone here who knew how to place saved webpages on it.

My cellphone is capable of doing this, and it's quite old, I assure you. (Sony Ericsson w580i) So I was a bit disappointed that the itouch doesn't have this, especially since I thought I was purchasing a device that had a semi-functional web browser.

It's running on version 2.2 and is an 8 gig. Any help is appreciated. (I already tried google. :( )

2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I found a kinda obvious way around this that works for me.

Save the webpages, attach them to emails sent somewhere (or to yourself). My itouch uses the mail app and my wifi to grab emails from my yahoo account. Attached HTML files open and read just fine. Drafts didn't work as it tries to edit those (and it strips attachments), but received messages and the copies in Sent-Mail do.

Not the best interface but you're talking about reading fanfic on your ipod.

3. thisperson

Oh, so do the received files download and become available at all times?

I was actually wondering about putting the entire DLP Library on it, but that doesn't seem possible. :/

Edit: I found a way to do it, I think. I used MiGhtyDocs and just uploaded batches of files to my Google Docs.

I won't get the whole DLP library, but lengthy stories and such are readable now.

I think it works, since I turned off my wi-fi and it did load them again, although I should mention that I'm still an itouch newb.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  4. thisperson

In case anyone else was wondering how to do this, and since I still kind of need help... >.>

I downloaded the free app Discover off the iTunes Store. With it I was able to upload documents and such to my itouch (It even accepts html files. ^_^ ).

However, the only way to bulk upload files, without having to go through every story's folder, is via WebDAV. I followed all of the instructions, but am still unable to find a way to make it appear as a network drive.

The instructions said to Right click on Computer, after pressing the Start button, and clicking on 'Map Network Drive'. I then select a drive letter, enter the ip address, and uncheck the 'Reconnect at login' box. Then windows tells me that it won't work.

I should mention that I have Windows Vista, and their support site says that until the next update (Whenever that is @.@ ) the program will continue to have these problems.

Does someone know of a free program that can help me set up a Network Drive wirelessly? WIthout having to use the tool by Vista. Since I remember seeing somewhere that there were programs that could do this.