1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Wild World by HowdyU - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Koalas, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

Other than the hordes of people he glared at on the streets? It seems inevitable that it's going to get to the higher-ups in some form or another. Blue eyes with concentric circles are fairly distinctive, and many would probably recognize them as at least healthy, if not for what they are. Kakashi probably has his suspicions that something has happened with Naruto's eyes, between the encounter in the forest, his jutsu theft, and his persistent eyewear. The changing of the last likely discounting the Hokage's theory of sentimentality.

Either way, liking this a bit more than Houses of the Holy at the moment, although primarily from a curiosity as to how things are going to play out to form a plot. Although it goes without saying, updates in either would be lavishly welcomed.

2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'd originally started on chapter 12 of HotH, but due to a good bit of cajoling I think I'll put that on hold until another chapter of WW is out.

3. RJL333

RJL333 Third Year

Sweet, you are awsome!

4. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I'm pretty sure he had his goggles on during that time, so that it would really not be extremely obvious what form his eyes took besides the eerieness factor of it. In addition I believe that Kakashi probably thought Naruto simply had an extreme fire affinity rather than anything like a bloodline factor.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You do make a good point and I didnt think about that but what I meant by showing was him being two inches away and letting them take a good long at his eyes. Sure he glared at the folks on the street but it was from a few feet away for a short amount of time before they turned away.

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

He stared down a bunch of civilians in the early morning, yes, but you have to remember that hardly anyone knows anything about the Rinnegan.

Jiraiya hung out with eight-hundred year old toads who still believed the legend to be a mere myth.

The story of the Sage of the Six Paths is like the story of Jesus. Sure they believe it happened, but no one is going to see something a bit odd and start ranting about how they saw a kid with the legendary Rinnegan - especially if that kid is Naruto.

I doubt that civilians even know the story of the Sage, seeing as they don't know much about shinobi abilities in general from what we've seen.

Also, it's one thing to have heard the story of the Sage and the Rinnegan and another thing to know what a Rinnegan looks like and know when you see it.

People are not going to go around telling their friends that the Kyuubi brat has the power to destroy the world utterly or save it from ruin and is the Second Coming of the Sage.

7. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Honestly, someone needs to make a bloodline!Naruto fic that's worthy of five stars, and you've started off quite strong. Between your two pieces of Naruto fiction that you're currently working on, I have to say, I think this one is a little better.

Keep up the good work.

8. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

Well, consciously making the connection between Naruto's eyes and the Sage of Six Paths would be a difficult leap. But being surprised that Naruto has a secret bloodline is a far cry from being surprised at being stared down by solid blue eyes. Although no one would know the significance, given the general suspicion of Naruto, it seem reasonable to jump to another conclusion from the perspective of a citizen; that the eyes must be a manifestation of the Kyuubi. Whether or not it's logical, the irrational disgust at his tenant could lead to some crazy stories. Those stories in combination with Naruto's exhibited talents might give cause for some research, which, again, could reveal his identity.

It seems slightly ridiculous to argue the point with the author, but it seems valid that there would be the possibility of a chain reaction just the act of looking into any mysterious occurrences surrounding the "Kyuubi brat". Especially when said individual seems to be intent on "hiding" the changes from the outside world.

But, I really don't care either way. It seems that this is going to be brilliant no matter which direction you take it.

Like I said before, there's plenty of cause of suspicion whether or not they had a good look; to me, it just seemed as if anything out of the ordinary might tip the balance. I guess not though.

Eagerly awaiting.

9. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Mastery over the elements because he has rinnegan now in story would it possible for him to perform seal less elemental justu with enough practice? I always thought elemental bloodline was combination of two elemental affinities. In theory could naruto not recreate something like ice or wood justu?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Apart from your terrible grammar, you've completely missed how the Rin'negan works. It is not a kekkei genkai that allows the combination of elements to form another. It is the ability to master every single element to their fullest degree.

He may be able to combine earth and water to create something else, but it would more than likely just be dirty water, or mud, not Mokuton. It is not the be all and end all of bloodline abilities, its effects are just that much more suited to the shinobi lifestyle that it has become the most powerful in that situation.

11. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

What I like about this story, all future parts being ignored atm, is the interaction Naruto has with the rest of his classmates. They actually act like kids instead of little demon-hating whatevers.

12. Torak

Torak Death Eater

This

They all act like the little douchebags kids we all love and hate

13. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

The manga has stated that the wielder of the Rinnegan can potentially learn any ninjutsu.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/425/09/

I haven't decided if I'm going to take that to its ultimate conclusion, given the fact that we've seen no real evidence of the veracity of this statement, but I wouldn't put it past Kishimoto to give Nagato this power.

The way I believe Rinnegan to work, it would certainly be feasible.

14. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Would it be in naruto best interest whenever he understand exactly what he can do with rinnegan to hide his secret for a long as possible or eventually revealed it someone he trust?

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Though the fact has to be considered that despite the phrase 'any/every technique' continually popping up it's anything but. Consider the Sharingan. Can copy any jutsu, among other things. Mokuton though? No. Bloodline techniques are off limits. Ultimately it's up to you Howdy. God of Shinobi? Or simply Sharingan/Kakuza hybred.

The second he reveals he has the Rin'negan of legend the army of assasians after his head is not hard to imagine, nevermind the Akatsuki. On the other hand holding your capabilities back form your teammates is likely to get someone killed. Thoughts Howdy?

16. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Naruto life always been complicated one way or another. I don't think his team need to find out I can easily see sasuke getting jealous and doing something stupid that could get his team killed. As for secrecy way it always been ironic in my opinion that information naruto being container of fox get out and yet who his who his parents were was well kept secret. Either way there going be more complications in naruto life for however long he decide or can keep his secret. For what naruto can do with the rinnegan well considering what Mangekyo Sharingan attacks can do in manga it up to author of story to decide I look forward reading what happen later on.

17. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

New chapter, K?

18. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Lol its been updated

That was without a doubt the quickest rehash of Wave Arc I ever read

19. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

That was sort of the point.

I kept the important bits and cut out everything else - something that I should have done with chapters 8-10 of HotH.

20. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Awesome. Not too much changed, but it was nice seeing the subtle differences that resulted. I'm glad Naruto seems a bit smarter and the respect between the members of team 7 seems to be slightly greater. I also like that you didn't completely overpower Naruto. I noticed you had Naruto think about the possibilities of combining two elements, but I think if you give him access to bloodline skills you might make him too super. Good chapter.