1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Idea - Time Turner centric

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Azira, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Now, I've thought about writing a story where Harry uses a time turner and meets himself in the past, with a myriad of possibilities of what happens - he can go insane (Past Harry) and join Voldemort, go on a rampage, slit his own throat (could be a interesting one shot) or they could develop a weasley-twin esque routine, or it could even go in a doublepenetration!harry way if i really decided to take it for the shits and giggles.

To be honest I feel a story like that could go anywhere from Evil!Harry to Lulz galore.

I was wondering where people felt it was the best way to take it. A Harry on the Light side and a Harry on the Dark side really appeal to me, so I think i'll try to write that. go ahead and trash my retarded idea.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I remember a fic where the Harry's are on opposing sides, Imprisoned Realm, though the Time Turner wasn't used. The author literally only writes 5,000 words per year though, so I say go for it.

3. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

I don't get it, is it supposed to be a collection of one-shots, Dimension Hopping for Beginners-style ?
    Or a multi-chaptered fic with a consistent plot ?

4. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

If its my prefered idea it would definitely be a multi chaptered fic. I was pondering though if the idea might be better utilised on a one shot. Hell, I could just do both.

5. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Ok...

Why would he do this? Why would making him insane suddenly make him homiciadal and death-eater-loving? What kind of insane are we talking about here? Bella insane or Luna insane? Why would Voldemort take in an insane Harry when it would be more prudent to kill him?
    Doesn't seem too interesting, what's to engage the reader if all Harry does is go around killing people en masse? How would Harry do this by the way? He couldn't kill everyone he meets, he's not that strong (unless this is superpower!Harry here). He'd have to do it in a cold and calculating way.

Without some proper buildup this would be kind of emo and dumb.

facepalm

I don't even want to ask.

It's not a bad start, but you need to decide on where you want to go and you have to brain storm some more. Who are these Harry's and what's important to them? What are their motivations? With the information so far your idea will produce something lame, but it's not a bad idea.

6. artenry

artenry Guest

If you're going to use the Time Turner at all, you're going to have to plot out all the occurring loops, and make sure your characters don't fracture their universe.

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Physics? In my fanfiction? Yeah no.