1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Second Chances by Red Crow - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by sincostan, Jan 14, 2009.

1. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Title: Second Chances
    Author: Red Crow
    Fandom: Naruto
    Rating: T
    Updated: Oct. 31, 2008
    Published: Jan. 2, 2008
    Status: Abandoned (I think. Correct me if I am wrong. [Minion])

Summary:
    Naruto is sent back in time, before it all went wrong. Because those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and those that have learned all too well from the future have their work cut out for them. Various pairings.
    Rewrite Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3398496/1/Second_Chances

Original Link: http://clockwork-hat.livejournal.com/

My favorite Naruto time travel fic. I actually prefer the original to the rewrite. There's some pretty interesting apocalyptic flashbacks and Team 7 growth due to this Naruto.

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2015
    The rewrite was removed from fanfiction.net. The Livejournal-link is still working, though. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

There's an original?

Awesome. I found the re-write a long time ago and really liked it. Hasn't been updated in a year though...

Anyway, rewrite = 5/5 from what I remember. Loved the soy-sauce. :awesome

3. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Both are really great. The rewrite Naruto is a little more psychotic. The old one is weary but more optimistic.

4. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

I really liked the original story, back when I was new(er) to Naruto fanfiction, but I am glad that the author is (or at least was) working on a rewrite since the original got a tad...mot really bad, but it certainly had shitty parts to it.

5. vinais

vinais Second Year

Loved the last chapter. Definitely the best ending to the 'bell test' that I've read yet :)

6. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

For those who haven't paid attention the fic has according to Red Crow's profile been finished, it is only available in its entirety from the livejournal link.

FF.net has 5 chapters there are 26 in all most on the horrendously colored livejournal page. I haven't read further than the stuff on FF.net atm but what I have read there is excellent.

For those wondering about the rewrite the stuff on livejournal is more recent than the stuff on FF.net.

[Edit] Right I went and finished what there is of the fic, firstly it has been Abandoned at chapter 27, during the Chunin exams. Author still writes stuff under a new pseudonym (roachpatrol) but has said that he/she no longer will continue with the Naruto fandom and therefore this fic.

Honestly that news doesn't bother me, this fic was getting really shit. The disjointed, angsty style that comes through in the first 5 chapters on FF.net just gets worse and worse and worse. The good fights are hidden among random angst and the flashbacks are sudden and not demarcated so it is really hard to spot when the author switches into flashback mode sometimes.

This a fic that started out well but ended up being really shit. Not sad that it's been abandoned 2/5.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009