1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Muggle Born Rebellion/Revolt

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Hypodermic, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Hypodermic

Hypodermic Squib

Are there and decent stories, where the Muggle Borns had enough of the Pureblood Bigots and decide to take matters into there own hands?

I found one called Harry Potter and the Muggle-Born Uprising on fanfiction, but it wasn't well written and I stoped after a chapter or two.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Excuse me wtf r u doin

3. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ditto. Explanation plox?

4. Hypodermic

Hypodermic Squib

Sorry, don't know how that happened. I've gone and removed it. Guess one of my firefox addons is buggy

5. Vander

Vander First Year

Dangerous by blacklotus

This story is probably exactly what you're looking for. Basically it's set about 10 years after DH (no epilogue) where Harry decides he can't be stay in England anymore because everything reminds him of the war and so he leaves to live in Brazil.

Most of the muggleborn are imprisoned after Voldemort war ends and no one seems to care all that much except Hermione who is one of the few that remained free. Her attempts to get them all out are either ignored or dismissed outright because there are other more important things that need to be done. Hermione then takes it upon herself to break them out and proceeds to use dark magic to kill a few dozen dementors (assumed to be the same spell used by Voldemort since it's doubtful he use the Patronus) to get them out. In doing so she unwittingly made herself the leader of all of the muggleborn, many of whom want revenge and quite a few have gone Bellatrix level insane.

Basically it's 10 years after the breakout and Hermione is the leader of a terrorist group composed almost entirely of muggleborn who are fighting against an extremely corrupt Ministry that has resorted to pogroms and other heavy handed tactics to keep the muggleborn down.

This is a Grey!Hermione fic where both she and Harry are the main characters. It's not finished, but the premise is good, the writing is above average and the author updates frequently.

If you hate Hermione with a passion, I wouldn't recommend this story as she is extremely powerful. Though I will say that you might not find her character as jarring as the canon one.

Edit - Forgot to mention, the story is only available on that website and you have to register to view it. Yeah I know it sucks, but it's relatively painless there.