1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite Fan Fic sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Randeemy, Feb 23, 2006.

?

Best Fan Fic Sites?

1. FF.NET

96.4%
  2. harrypotterfanfiction.com

0.9%
  3. Schnoogle

0.9%
  4. Portkey.org

0.9%
  5. Other

0.9%
  1. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

What is everyones favourite Fan fic site, I've put 4 in the poll. If you have any others, feel free to mention...

lots of love.... Randeemy

2. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I don't use any sites other than ff.net and DLP. I find schnoogle to awkward to navigate, I didn't like many of the fics in harrypotterfanfiction and I've never tried portkey. There is also Mugglenet fanfiction and I think the leaky cauldron has a section too.

3. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    In all honesty, FF.Net has the best format, and it also has more than just one language and category of stories, meaning not just HP.

4. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

portkey is good, was the first FF site i stumbled across way back when. has some good stuff on there, but it is restricted to certain ships... H/Hr R/Luna Ginny/Draco and Lily/James

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I use FF.Net and Portkey.org the most out of all of them. Rarely I visit FictionAlley(Dark Arts, Schnoogle, ect) but I do if I'm really bored. Been to harrypotterfanfiction like twice in my life, I just didnt like the site.

6. LINKed up

I think that besides the Nazi Admins and the lack of an NC-17 rating, FF.Net is the best fanfiction site out there. End of story.

7. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

If we're talking for purely HP fanfiction, then my fav fanfic site would be here. Prior to finding this site though it was ff.net, and fictionalley.org looking under the help looking for section. I've tried to look around other sites like portkey and restricted-sumthin, but it's just no good looking for specific stories, or rather, they don't have what I want. Also, Adultfanfiction.net is even more heavily indoctrinated with slash then ff.net.

8. david9

david9 Banned

FF and this thread
    FF has the best format, and for some reason the stories are usually better than can be found on other sites. Yahoo groups are good too for deleted fics.

Portkey is alright, but instead of just focusing on one ship they decide to use every single one, and I don't care how good you make Malfoy, I'll never want to read about him banging the whore.

9. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

I use FF.net the most by far, but I really couldn't say I like it. It's quite easy to use but there's far too much to hate about that site for it to be my favourite.

I think my favourite site is RestrictionSection.org. The format looks nice but it not that functional, and it has a huge number of disgustingly graphic slash fics (not to mention that Harry/Hermaphrodite that was recently linked). What's to like? Afternoon Delight by Olafr. It's probably archived elsewhere too, but that's the first place I read it, so that site gets my vote.

10. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Completely unrelated...but on FFNet, do you HAVE to reply to each and every review that you get?

I remember reading something about that a while ago, and since i'm just about to 'turn author', i was just curious.

And, this might sound like a stupid question...but you never know with the Nazis who run FFNet:

If you don't reply, is that grounds for having your account deleted or anything? I was following this really obscure fic, and a few days before it got deleted, the author mentioned somehing about the admins kicking up a shitstorm because he wasn't replying to reviews.

11. Element

Element Seventh Year

I have no idea where you heard that, but definitely not. Otherwise, some authors would spend all their time answering reviews. I don't think even the FF.net Admins would go that far, but then again..

12. LINKed up

You must remeber that they are like wanabe neo-nazis. If they see a good fic, bye bye.

Anyways, I gotta run. School time. :(

13. fatal

fatal Backtraced

ff.net has quantity too, ive tried out other fanfic sites and been greeting with about 12 HP fics...party time! :roll:

14. Saiyan Mage

Saiyan Mage Guest

What she said ^_^

15. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I thought I posted this, but maybe I just thought I did.

Next to FF.Net (which is debatable, but it's my only real option at this point), my fav. is FicWad.com *shrugs* It's about as easy to navigate as FF and doesn't seem to be filled with garbage. Plus, they don't seem nearly as restricted.. I'd count this site, but it's a forum that links mostly to FF.net sections outside of "Work by Author" so I'm wary to add it.

Right, I'm done with this whole "thinking thing" for the moment. *goes back to sleep on desk*

16. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

ff.net for it's ease of use.

portkey, but i'm not sure why i bother anymore.

definitely fanficauthors.net (jeconais' site).

out of everything, i think schnoogle has/had the most potential...but meh, their format and ease of searching really sucks.

17. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

FF net. Its so easy to use and seems to have the most fanfics around....

18. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

You've got to realise that there's a reason why ff.net flourished in the first place, it's because of how ridiculously easy it is to use. I mean, it takes about a minute to upload a chapter! Honestly, if it weren't for the :nazi then it'd be the best possible site (for me) for fanfiction. I just hope that Patronus Charm can be just as easy to use. (love the new emoticons btw)

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I agree about the emoticons and MasterSlythywythy's statement concerning the :nazi admins at ff-net.

How is Patronus Charm coming along LR?

20. fatal

fatal Backtraced

Ive never encountered the admins at ff.net but I once tried to post a story at another fanfiction site (can't remember what it is called) and they sent me a massive email listing things that were wrong with it. They were ridiculously minor too.