1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Midknight, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Great show. Snowed like hell here this past week so I got stuck in the house and watched both seasons of this show. Pretty good, got some weak spots, but overall it's better then the last 2 movies.

It goes from the T2 timeline, ignores T3, and you wind up following John at 17, his mom, and a new girl Terminator named Cameron. They're joined by Derrek Reese, Kyle's brother (John's dad from T1), and a few other interesting people, like a liquid metal terminator who's apparently out on her own building a more human version of Skynet, and various other terminators.

It needs some work, but it helps the female leads are hot. The Queen from 300 plays Sarah Conner, and Summer Glau is the fem terminator.
    [​IMG]

2. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

I fucking love this show. The liquid female terminator is fucking excellent in the whole build skynet thing going on. It also helps with Summer Glau being hawt as hell.

So far I haven't seen any cooperation between Terminators yet. Multible ones doing the same task would make things a lot more crazy.

Can't wait until Feb when the next episodes start showing.

3. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

I've been following it, too. Kudos to whoever invented torrents. The show has started to air in Germany as well, but I absolutely hate synchronisations and always prfer the original if I can get my hands on it.

I agree with Murton, the red-head terminator is indeed "fucking ecxellent". :) I'm looking forward to that ex-FBI agent's reaction when he finally figures it out. Hopefully the writers don't kill him off, I like him.

4. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I liked it at first, then totally hated the continous angst from John.I'm not saying they were wrong, thay had to flesh out the character someway but angst always gets to me. It made me take a 10 episode break from Supernatural as well. But anyway, has it changed? It was full of plot holes and mistakes but the Terminators were kick-ass, Cromartie...

5. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

Well, it's pretty expected of his character. He pretty much no childhood. I'd be a little pissed off aswell. It does get a lot better in season 2 than in season 1, although there's a bit more filler in season 2. Now I want to watch it all again >_>

6. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    I agree with this thread.

Kickass show, give or take one or two liberties here and there. Cromartie in the first episode sealed the deal for me. Be good to see it back soon, and see where it goes...

7. Midknight

John needs to start going mini Derek. Make em both happy to go hunt the fuckers, instead of worry about stupid shit like Jesse, or John going to school like a good boy, and the show will improve a lot more.

8. Sublime

Sublime Guest

It does seem to be a bit of a turn around doesn't it? If I remember from the movies, he grew up learning all this military shit and his mother actively found people to teach him. Now she wants him to go to high school.

9. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

They took him out of school this season. The real turnaround was the total emasculation of John Connor between the end of T2 and the beginning of this series.

Go back and watch the movie, where John as a ten-year-old is a hundred times smarter, tougher, and more well-adjusted than the whiny shit they've turned him into.

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

He had a nintendo back then. :awesome

11. Boo

Boo Auror

He cant blow anything up anymore.:) :D

Plus he thought was over. Then he finds out they are still hunting him. It also doesnt help that his mom is crazy over protective:whipped: and he has no life anymore.

12. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Whiny, whiny and whiny. The character didn't deserve that the action was great though. Cromartie, best terminator ever even if he was played by different actors.Didn't like Cameron in the second season though.

13. Midknight

14. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Chromartie's mannerisms and attempts at blending in are hilarious. It reminds me of the dumb oneliners Bond makes after a kill.

Chromartie: "I don't have my papers."

Principal: "I'm sorry, but I can't help you. I need court orders before I can release student information."

Chromartie: "Are you sure?"

Principle: "Positive."

Chromartie lifts the Principle by the neck and snaps his spine.

Chromartie: "Thank you for your time."

It's also pretty cool that he bucked his orders against SkyNet and killed the T-888 impersonating James Ellison.

15. Midknight

I don't think they have orders about killing each other, remember, their orders are pretty uber simple, go back and do order A) however it's possible to do it, and b)Kill John Conner if you see him.

Cromartie thought Ellison could lead him to John, if he let the 888 kill him, he's loose his lead.

16. Boo

Boo Auror

There is this whole self-fulfilling prophecy thing going on in the show. Terminators are sent back to make skynet which in turn makes terminators.

I havent seen this show since early second season. Its a good show and i got to say its alot better than T3 was.

17. Amerision

This show has so much potential for a great fandom.

Anyone have any good stories?

18. Midknight

I'm reading the various Terminator comics now, there's a pretty epic miniseries where Robocop is basically father of Skynet. They plug his ass in, and eventually his mind merges with the internet, and becomes Skynet. Later on the Terminators after organizing and getting rid of Chaos that is organic life on Earth, move into Space.

Edit: Ah, then they send another Terminator back in time to keep him from killing himself, he winds up making Skynet anyway against his will, survives to the future, escapes, rebuilds a body, and then copies his personality onto thousands of new robocops of the future and takes the fight to Skynet.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  19. Amerision

That's the plot of Robocop vs. Terminator for SNES.

20. Midknight