1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dangerous Kitchenware

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Randeemy, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Did you know that in the UK, you have to be over 18 to buy teaspoons as they are not(Ignore this, i dont know why the hell i put not here...) classified as a dangerous implement. How ridiculous is that?

Just imagine coming home after being mugged

"Mum, I got mugged"

"Oh dear, are you alright my darling?"

"Yeah fine, just a bit shaken, they took my wallet"

"Did he have a weapon? A knife or gun perhaps?"

"No mum, it was a she, and she had a teaspoon"

Hmm... Well... I can see how they might be dangerous... if you try and eat them...

2. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Probably a law thats been around since the Sheriff of Nothingham threatend Robin Hood to cut his heart out with a spoon!!!

3. fatal

fatal Backtraced

I have NEVER encountered that law and I live in the UK, I've even bought teaspoons. So basically it must be a big pile of crap

4. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Eh. Why would it be against the law to buy one under 18 if it wasn't classified as a dangerous impliment? If a teaspoon was classified as a dangerous impliement I could understand, I suppose, but if it wasn't? :|

5. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    there are a lot of laws that are ignored everywhere. Liek in the welsh english border, on the full moon, it is legla to shoot someone with a bow and arrow, if you are on the welsh side of the border and their on the English side.

In scotland there are no tresspass laws, so long as you don't break or take anything you can legally walk trough someones house.

Also in Scotland a pregnant woman is legally allowed to do the toilet anywhere she wants, be it in a bush or in a bobbies helmet.

6. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I think I will be going to the Welsh border on a full moon at some point (the Welsh side of course)... I already know how to use a bow an arrow...

Tehehehe Legal Murder ROCKS!

7. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I went to a supermarket to purchase some tea spoons and was asked for ID. The guy behind the till said it was stupid but he had to do ask... We had a little giggle about it and he said he would put the spoons back when i confessed to being with out I.D.

maybe it is over 16... not sure.

8. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Want to hear a crazy law? If you are in a California hotel room, you are NOT allowed to peel your own oranges. This is a true law.

9. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

It's the other way round, and they have to actually be a Welshman. Don't you know all those old legal killing laws are skewed towards English people being allowed to kill everyone else? :p

10. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

11. Mordecai

High Score:
    naturally, but rmember, the English never could actually hold their own throne. its had more scots, germans, french and spanish on it than english.

And England also has always had the Scots do their fighting for them. The English ruled 1/3 of the world, but the Scots conquered 1/3 of the world

p.s.

im feeling patriotic for some reason jsut now, and now offence is meant by this, just friendly joshing

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Erm you've forgotten to mention the Dutch in that post... The House of Orange held the English throne for a while to :)

Shamelessly off-topic... But I have an on-topic part as well...

Kitchenware is very lethal... I mean, do you have any idea how conveniently shaped spoons are for removing eyes?

13. Mordecai

High Score:
    i only mentioned a small number of those that have held the english throne/ Currently the royal family has more German blood than english in it.