1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Firefox being a cunt. Jar problems?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Oz, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Been having this error for about an hour now. Whenever I enter a url I get the following message.
    Seems to only happen on some sites (google, CN, yahoo, FFN) and leaves others alone (DLP, wikipedia, youtube). Only thing I can think of that's changed recently is that I installed the Foxit reader (pdf reader) toolbar, but that was yesterday and it's only been acting up recently. This is really pissing me off as I've already lost a pretty big review I was writing. ~_~

Help appreciated as always.

EDIT: Went into task manager and ended firefox.exe process tree which seems to have fixed it (for now at least). Still really curious about what happened.

EDIT 2: Found a bunch of people having the same problem due to the ask.com toolbar (which installed alongside the foxit one, though I'm sure I unclicked the "Install Ask.com toolbar" prompt during foxit's installation). C'est la vie.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Lol at you installing Ask.AIDS

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Download Opera.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I autodownloaded some Java update and it installed Yahoo Toolbar without asking.

Faggy software packaging.

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Can always just uninstall it in the add/remove programs place. Worked for me all the time. I never liked installing toolbars.

6. Twisted

Twisted Guest

This, or something similar, has happened to me with that toolbar. Its irritating.

I've had this problem before as well, I just restarted firefox using task manager like you did and it hasn't happened again :p