1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Leverage

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Illution, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

If you like the style of Oceans Eleven series then you'll like this show. It's about a bunch of thieves all with special talents teamed up. The show premiered about 2 month ago on TNT.

The thieves are lead by a ex insurance company investigator played by the academy winning actor, Timothy Hutton.

The heroes/criminals are, edgy, sporty, funny, brilliantly written, and entertainingly presented.

You'll be hooked after watching one episode. 5/5 new show to keep an eye on.

http://www.sidereel.com/Leverage

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

I've watched a few episodes of this. It's pretty entertaining. Not really a good show if you're looking for great plots, but it's got its moments.

3. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

I've been following this show and really enjoying it, but I wish it had just a little bit more grit, there seems to be too many happy endings.

I love the premise though, and if it runs long enough it could develop into something really good.

4. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

It's fun and funny and interesting, with fairly sophisticated plots. It's become a regular ritual for my husband and I to curl up with a glass of wine Tues night and watch it. The characterizations are a joy.

5. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Not all of the shows are light. Take episode 6 The stork job for example. It showed some darker side of the world. The team knows that they can't fix everything buy they do what they can. The main point of this show is for the viewers to have fun and feel good watching it.

6. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Personally I think it sucks. My gf loves it but I find it the acting unbearable and the plots are all out there. And that blonde bitch annoys the fuck out of me. All she does is state the obvious or repeat what someone just said. I saw the episode concerning the church and them faking a miracle and all that chick did was restate what they said

main actor "Ok guys let's fake a miracle"
    dumb blond chick 4 minutes later "I KNOW! We'll fake a miracle!"

7. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

This one started out slow, and there was a bit too much emphasis on Hutton's personal problem. That said, the ending was fun.

8. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

It's fairly mediocre. And like anlun said, the blond bitch is annoying as fuck.

Also, why do they always have to give the role of the super hacker/tech guy to the black guy?

I swear it's fucking pc, affirmative action bullshit. They won't portray the black guy as a thug (like the dude with the long hair, can't remember his name) or anything less than the role which requires the most intelligence out of any character in the cast. It's annoying.

9. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Each member of the team brought individual highly-developed skills to the group. Artisan is the best hacker.

10. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

This show is simplistic, cheesy, and inevitably repetitive. But more than anything, it's just fun. That's all. Fun. It's not thought provoking, genius, or deep. But I enjoy and look forward to each episode.

And while I know the actress playing Parker (the blonde thief chick) is not a particularly good actress, some of her facial expressions are just adorable. I've got the same kind of crush on Parker as I did after seeing Amelie for the first time. Well, not as strong but that kind of adorableness.

It feels kinda of off that it's advertised on TNT as great drama.

11. Karas

Karas Squib

I watched this show with big expectations that were totally crushed. I really wanted to like it because I think Tim Hutton's pretty BA, but the rest of the cast just blows. The long haired fairy that tries to talk in his deep voice just drives me up the wall. I do love the black nerdy guy, though. He's cool.

I just don't really care for the way the show is written and presented, I just can't get into it :| I wanted to, but it just ain't happenin'

12. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

For anyone interested. First episode of season two starts tonight, 10PM on TNT

13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ugh, I haven't been too impressed with season 2 this far. I have been enjoying Parker in it though. I've always liked Parker, even though her acting isn't top notch.

Overall though, there is nothing new. Its all the same, but its getting even more cheesy/unrealistic. I mean, Hardison playing the Jamaican guy giving the headmaster tickets to Botswana was just completely over the top. Or do Jamaican's actually act like that?

Eh, guess I was just hoping for something new in S2, which didn't really happen.

14. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

This season has really made it clear to me that Eliot, Parker, and Hardison are great characters. Nate and Sophie, not so much. Still it's a lot of fun and I want more.

I can almost imagine the Eliot and Hardison buddy movie spinoff.

15. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Nothing has particular changed for season 2, but I liked what it was to begin with so I don't really mind.

In a moment of boredom I looked up the show on fanfiction.net, oddly enough there was allot more of Elliot/Parker than there was of Hardison/Parker, which is obviously where the show is taking it.

16. EvilSkittles

EvilSkittles DA Member

Did anyone else feel that the Fairy Godparents Job episode was a too ridiculous.

17. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, yes I did.

I still haven't finished it, its far too painful to watch.

Oh, and I fully agree with what Nonjon said. Nate + Sophie are just going downhill. Parker, Hardison and Elliot are still excellent characters to watch.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Ha, awesome show.

Parker, Hardison and Elliot carry the show, no doubt.

19. EvilSkittles

EvilSkittles DA Member

And they will continue to until Sophie and Nate's characters stop declining.
    I for one just watch the show Elliot, Parker and, Hardison.

20. EmilyCooper

EmilyCooper Guest

I know! Even on livejournal there's a ton of Elliot/Parker and very, very little Hardison/Parker. And I really don't understand that, because the show obviously indicates a budding, stronger relationship between the Hacker and the Thief than Parker and the Hitter.