1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mismatched - CPU - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by meatzman2, Feb 16, 2009.

1. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Title: Mismatched
    Author: CPU
    Rating: Mature
    Pairing: Multiple pairings
    Link (snuck in): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4746455/1/Mismatched
    Summary: Mismatched is a collection of crack pairing one-shots written by multiple authors.

Well I stumbled across this while I was sorting through FF.net, it looked fairly interesting and it has some excellent chapters. The main problem is most of the chapters are just fucking terrible, 6,7,9, 10 and 11 in particular are not worth reading. 4 and 8 are a little iffy but the first three are excellent and the fifth is good. But don't let me be the judge feel free to read them if you really want to.

If you take it as a whole it's probably not even worth 2/5 but some of the better chapters are truly excellent and as they are a series of one-shots by different authors I thought that it might be worth posting the whole thing just to read the good chapters, if there is a better way of somehow posting the individual chapters as independent one-shots I don't know it so I thought listing the whole collection to be better.

Chapter 1 (The Toughest Tom in Town) - Excellent, great revelation at the end although the last line seemed a little off.

Chapter 2 (The Negative One) - "Black Haired Hottie" We are amused. "Clearly the Uchiha inbreeding was getting a little out of hand..." This chapter is an epic source of brilliant lines.

"But until he figured it out, at the eternity of infinity--he’d regard Uchiha Sasuke as his mommy."
    Laughed so hard, I fell out my damn chair again. One of the funniest one-shots I've read in a while.

Chapter 3 (Door to Door) - It was good then “ZOMFJ,” FAIL! Still quite funny though.

Best description of Haruno Sakura to date
    “You look like someone ate bad bubble gum ice cream and shit it out.”

Chapter 4 (An Emotional Day) - GAH NO!! BAD!! HURT!! BURNS!! Average to bad only good for

"Depressed was how Pein felt when he realized none of the girls he had hit on wanted to date him because of his peculiar piercings."

Chapter 5 (Call Me) - Description of self having finished the chapter, one eyebrow in hairline, disgusted expression, funny but *shudderlicious*.

Chapter 6 (Loudmouthed) - weak.....

Chapter 7 (This Animal I Have Become) - Fucking terrible, waste of space shithouse emo (I'm actually emotionally scarred) Anko/Naruto (I feel your pain and will save your soul).

Chapter 8 (Fish Paste) - Ok not brilliant.

Loved this little bit:

“Kisame,” he replied with a nod of his head.

“That sounds oddly familiar.”

He nodded and shrugged his shoulders. “I get that a lot.”

"So if he denies easy sex, there‘s something wrong with him.” This author has described all that is wrong about Uchiha Sasuke in one simple sentence.

Chapter 9 (Uknown Bets) - Gentlemen, the roof is on fire and not in a good way either.

Chapter 10 (Lying's The Most Fun A Girl Can Have) - Meh, doesn't feel like it was worth the effort to read that shite.

Chapter 11 (The Night He Lost It) - Again, just shit. Cliche mediocrely written fangirlism almost.

Overall impression at the end of reading, some truly wonderful moments but don't read the whole thing it'll just make you angry, read the good bits, remember the good bits and expunge the bad.

[Ninja-edit] See below. Epic fail, 4 am or not that's fail.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I doubt I'm going to bother to read this...but you MIGHT want to include a link.

3. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

It sounds like you like these one-shots but don't want to admit you like them because you know we won't like them.

So I dared to read some of these. And I was surprised to find that some of them were actually comprehensible. They're not exactly funny... some internet jokes and a few clever ideas (I hadn't ever considered that Tsunade might be interested in becoming a follower of Jashin - it would interest her as a medic nin looking for eternal beauty), but they all suffer from the basic idea of a "crackfic".

Random is not funny. OK, the koolaid man jumping out from behind that wall in the first season of Family Guy, I laughed my ass off there -- but random is generally not funny. It's not easy to execute, and if an entire story is just a random idea with random jokes with random language, and simply no effort put into writing... it's just not even trying. It's shit, not crack.

4. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Some chapters are actually good, some just make you cring.

Over all I am not sure how to rate this becuase its not entirely consitant, he can me the story better if he focuses on just one plot I guess.