1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Black Twins by mel92 - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by DarkAizen, Feb 20, 2009.

1. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

Title: The Black Twins
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 41,315
    Updated: December 1, 2008
    Published: June 11, 2008

Summary:
    Albus’s plan failed, the war was lost. But his forgotten brother, Aberforth, has a plan too, a plan ‘B’, a plan that no normal person would even imagine, much less put into action. Then again; Aberforth has never really been normal. His plan, however, had consequences not even he could imagine, and it slipped and twisted from his grasp, laughing wildly as it dove into the realms of chaos. Ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your broomsticks, the Black twins are coming to Hogwarts. MWPP era.
    Link:Fanfiction.net

Alberforth takes baby Harry and wants to give him to the Potters(James parents), the plan backfires and he ends up with the Blacks.

Good writing and a pretty funny story.

The one thing that bugs me is, if this story will be slash.I browsed the authors favorites and he has a few slash fics.

It`s only a few chapters in the story, so far 3/5.

Checked by Minion, April 13, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  2. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

A link would be helpful :)

3. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

The writing is sub-standard, and I couldn't get past the first bits of chapter two. 1/5

4. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    You should have read the author's AN at the bottom of the first chapter instead of browsing his other stories...

Although it's not my place to say, but there should be a rule against people posting a story for a review and give it a rating that doesn't place it in the library...

DarkAizen, take a look at that thread if you haven't seen it yet - Almost Recommended fanfiction

EDIT: well Rin said it before me... ^

And here I though the scions of the Black house would have been taught to at least talk in a manner not so closely related to a teen that has grown up with the nowadays MTV channel as the only source of education...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I found it amusing enough to read the entire thing. Which, these days, is high praise. 4/5.

6. Marsupial

Marsupial Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Not flawless, but far above average, and reasonably funny. 4/5

7. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

The start annoys me. Nearly all the sentences end with a '....'.

8. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

sentence structure and spelling were decent, but it was lacking a hook of any kind. You just know that harry is going to replace peter in the mauraders, the better than 50/50 odds of slash, and the incredibly slow plot movement all lead to an overall Bleh feeling.

Decent I suppose, but still woefully inadequate. 3/5

9. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Slow buildup. Very slow buildup. At least the latest chapter is faster-paced and good.

10. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Curse you ellipses!

11. Archer

Archer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

I found the title misleading.

Here I was thinking it was going to be about twins who just happened to be black.

12. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    (Blinks once)... (Blinks twice)... (Shrugs shoulders and let it go just for the sake of decency)...

Did you really? Or I'm just that bad in catching up to some strange sarcasm...

13. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I was bored with this after a while. I quit reading it. It's a nice story, but it's just not my type of story. It's borderline emo. Well okay, maybe not that far, but its close. I'd give it a 3.

14. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Quoted for truth.

It is actually fairly funny if you bother to read the whole thing as it is. If it continues in the same vein the over the top pranks might start getting a little old. At the moment it's worth reading the whole way through.

3.5/5 but probably not worthy of the library.

15. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

it is VERY funny if you can get into the "groove" so to speak.
    Logic and grammar isn't perfect, but if you enjoy a longish crack-fic this might be perfect for you.
    i definitly enjoyed it ;)

16. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

The only thing I liked about this story was Ollivander's reaction. It's just a Marauders-era fic with mediocre writing. The butt-rape we all love to hate is from Orion and Walpurga rather than Vernon and Petunia.

This story could possibly be rescued for the win with Harry/Lily. 2/5, but won't actually rate this thread in hopes that the author gets a clue.

17. sequitur253

sequitur253 Muggle

I loved the pranks if you can call them that. They're more like accidents that escalate into disaster and chaos. There's no planning, no elaborate setup or research that needs to be done, just random acts of stupidity that somehow turns into chaos.

I've read a lot of stories where Harry ressurrects the marauders and pulls off some pathetic pranks that take weeks of planning and research and that go off exactly as planned. It's good to read about pranks that don't go quite as planned or that aren't even meant to be pranks.

Other than the pranks though, the story is pretty mediocre.