1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most original way to get rid of Voldemort?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Sophie, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

Yeah, that's the question. I was just reading Harry Potter and the Marriage Contracts by Clell65619 when I stumbled across this:

“It went back and forth like that for almost two hours. Harry would kill Voldemort, Voldemort would kill Harry. Back and forth. They kept getting weaker and weaker, finally it was Harry’s turn and he didn’t even try.”
    “I just thought it was time to talk.” He shook his head. “It just hurt so much, I needed a breather. Voldemort was just as hurt. We actually started talking, it turned out that we had a lot in common, Our illustrious headmaster screwed him over too, but he didn’t have the resources of an ancient and noble house to fall back on. Voldemort came up with the theory that the prophecy wouldn’t let us kill each other because we weren’t equal, and the only way either of us could figure to tell when we were ‘equal’ would be when one of us managed to kill the other.”
    “Voldemort was telling us that he was just sick of the whole thing. He was only still trying to take over Wizarding Britain due to inertia. All he really wanted was immortality and comfort for eternity.” Neville grinned. “I pointed out that as long as he and Harry weren’t ‘equal’ they were both immortal for all intents and purposes.”
    “That perked Voldemort up.” Harry added. “That was when I got to thinking about the Black family properties. There was an Island in the Azores that belonged to the family. It’s been under the Fidelius for centuries, there is a mansion and a staff of twenty elves that maintain the island. I offered Voldemort the Island and 10 million Galleons to go away and leave everyone alone.”
    “He ripped the money out of Harry’s hands so fast I thought Harry was going to have friction burns.” Neville said, laying back and putting his head in Hannah’s lap, where she began playing with his hair.
    “But the ministry found Voldemort’s body.” Hannah said.
    “A conjured homunculus. Tommy Riddle is sitting on a beach in the Azores spending 10 million Galleons.” Neville explained.

I lol'd.

What's the most original way you've ever seen in a story to kill/get rid of the Dark Lord?

2. Portus

Portus Heir

I haven't read the story yet, but apparently, Luna's Hubby by meteoricshipyards has:

Harry as a rhino animagus, and he kills Voldemort by running his rhino horn through Voldemort's chest.

Pretty original, although since I know that, it most likely ruins actually reading the story for me...

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Killed by animagus form isn't very original. The most original I saw is Voldemort outliving everyone and going crazy.

4. Portus

Portus Heir

I don't suppose being killed by Basilisk!Harry or Lion!Harry or Griffon!Harry is very original, but a rhino? That's a new one to me.

EDIT: There's also one where Harry places the Fidelius Charm on the phrase, "Lord Voldemort is a magical being" or something to that effect, then LV is literally killed by the "Power He Knows Not". Absurd but I thought it was funny and inventive.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
  6. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Put his name in Goblet of Fire, if he doesn't come for 1st task he's either dead or squib-like easy target.

7. 1moleman

1moleman First Year

I read a story where he was turned into an animated ottoman and was kept as Harry's pet!

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Eh, just to prove that originality is not equalling being good by default -- sometimes, if it hasn't been done, there's a reason for that. I vaguely remember a shitty story where Voldemort came to 4 Privet Drive, and Harry decapitated him with a Diffindo-cutting curse from behind, inside the house. I think there was something about Voldemort slipping in the bathroom, too.

Haven't read that anywhere else, and neither do I want to.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  9. Esus

Esus First Year

I remember one story where Voldemort and Bellatrix attacked #4. Harry summoned a bunch of steak knives to kill Bella and for some reason (don't remember) the house collapsed on top of Voldemort, killing him. Afterward Harry makes some comment that the "power he knew not" was dropping a house on top of a person.

10. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Didn't he read the Wizard of Oz?

11. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    Now that ^^ is an original idea and seems rather foolproof plan to boot. O_0

12. Argosh

Argosh Groundskeeper

There is a fic where Harry, Hermione & Luna (I think) steal the Goblet and do the mini-Tournament after the real one's been done.
    Tasks like 'go to the Astronomy tower' etc. They enter Harry's and Voldies name. Harry shows up, Voldemrot doesn't.

13. Admonkeystrator

Admonkeystrator Seventh Year

I considered doing a parody fic, where the power he knows not is a sense of humour/pranks. Harry performs a wandless switching spell on voldemort's wand for one of the twin's rubber chicken fake wands. They duel, he dies holding a squarking rubber chicken and a shocked look on his face.

14. Esus

Esus First Year

He grew up in a muggle orphanage, so it's possible he didn't read it before going to Hogwarts. After that, it would be unlikely he'd care about muggle literature or movies. Either way, I'm pretty sure the story I seen that in was one of those part-Plot/mostly-Smut fics on FicWad. Staying true to canon or completely realistic wasn't really a worry.

15. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

17. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

Since this is here, I would reccomend the Care Bear Stare. Nothing beats the power of Love.

Or perhaps Harry could beat him with the soft cushions.

18. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I'm partial to how he was dispatched in Life of Brian.

"Harry sighed in relief, then turned toward his enemy and extended his thumb and forefinger, as if to pinch someone. He closed his right eye and centered the sibilant being between his fingers. Imagining Voldemort to really be as tiny as he appeared, Harry pinched his thumb and finger together and Voldemort screamed in agony as Harry's godlike power crushed him into nonexistence."

19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Harry fucks Lavender and magically transfers Aids or Syphilis to him. No lie..

20. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    On a similar note, tricking Voldemort into performing a ritual to absorb all of Harry's uber power. The catch? Voldemort gets Harry's terminal tumour as well, and he promptly bleeds out in the middle of the Great Hall. Angsty fic was angsty.