1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Which Class Track would you rather take?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schilling, Mar 3, 2006.

?

See Above

1. Agriculture (contains Botany, Biology, and Welding)

99.1%
  2. CAD+ Chico Academy of Design plus Math and English (Woodshop, Engineering, and Architecture)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. West (Adventure type stuff)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ACT (Computer graphics, and other media stuff like recording music and making movies)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Music, Drama, and Fine Arts (really just music and drama)

0.9%
  6. MASH (medicine, athletics sciences and health)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Schilling

Schilling Second Year

So, the High School that I'm going to had presentions on each class track.
    Which one would you prefer to take?
    I was thinking of Agriculture for the Welding

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Cad. There's never, ever enough engineers around to figure out how to build something correctly. They're overpaid as shit, and you only have to do your job right more then 1% of the time to pull in a massive salary.

Medical... tons of school loan debt, takes forever to get into the actual field. Stressfull as hell.

Agriculture is a nice way of saying redneck science around here.

Music. No. Self explainatory.

ACT. Market is flooded, pointless to learn outside of basic comp. sci.

West? wtf?

3. Schilling

Schilling Second Year

West is an adventure/group oriented class that:
    "Stresses that students learn how to use their minds well in a rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum" 1/2 my class doesn't even know what means...
    on the Ag comment, I'd agree, but they're is Welding and Small engines.
    I'm the only kid even considering Ag in my year.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Is none ofthe above an option?

5. Schilling

Schilling Second Year

well, they're's Traditional, which is regular school

6. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Bah, Mathematics is the best, period.

7. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Why can't you just choose which individual classes you want to do? Having a specific set of classes which you have to do seems restrictive.

8. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I voted ACT because that's what I'd rather have taken when I went to school... That said, Midknight's correct when he reminds us that a School education is supposed to be with a goal towards future employment, so if I could change my vote I'd go for CAD. I wish I had when I was in high school...

--bornagainpenguin

9. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

I voted MASH because i'm taking a med course right now. School here is cheap if you come from outside but if you live in the philippines, you really notice how much 30,000 pesos is worth even though that's just like 600 dollars atm. Tuition for medical school is like 3 times that...

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    the entire scottish schooling system lets you choose individual subjects, not set tracks.

You do 7 years at primary school where you cover the basics of just about everything.

You then do 4-6 years at secondary school. 1st 2 years are covering slightly more in-depth basics in the subjects offered by the school. 3rd and 4th year you have 8 standard grade subjects, selected from the ones studied in 2nd year. After those you cna leave school if you want, or go into 5th year where you select 5 of your standard grade subjects to take onto Higher. After that you can leave or go onto 6th year, where you fuck about and either do nothing or do nothing part the time and study for mroe highers (which can either be re-sits from 5ht year, highers taken from your standard grade subjects or crash highers, which you haven't done a standard grade in and they are usually very hard) or for an advanced higher selectede from your 5th eyar highers. Advanced higher equates to1st year uni level.

examples:

I took Maths, English, Geography, History, German, Music, Administration and Chemistry for standard grade. I have my final exams in about 8 weeks.

I have selected to take on Maths, English, Geography, Chemistry and Administration for Higher in 5th year.

In 6th year, I hope to take Advanced Higher Geography, re-sit any failed highers from 5th year, take Higher RE, tkae the Standard grade level Classroom Assistant Module, where a 6th year helps teach 1st years, andthen possibly see what otehr wierd and wonderful subjects are being offered at a variety of levels for 6th years only.

11. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    I would say anything where you hit some of the hard sciences, high level math, quantative studies etc. I.e. engineering courses for example which can be pretty tough, but are all very useful. Over half the undergradates in my school are pre-meds and more than half of them are doing BME (biomedical engineering). If math and mechanics isn't your forte, the normal science orientated majors are also good. There are huge markets for bio/bio-chem-research all over the place.

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I really cant vote for anything there... because its so restrictive. We just pick and choose what classes we want as long as we got our English, Math, Science and History course.

Its like your school forces you to do a certain job when you get older.