1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Router Problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by The Fine Balance, Mar 29, 2009.

1. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

A bit esoteric, but if any of you have any idea about it, would be great. Okay, in my Router, Lan Settings, the option for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is giving me shit loads of trouble. When it is enabled I can: Connect properly to torrents, get uninterrupted downloads. But I can't access online servers like yahoo games or IM clients because they lose connection. When it is disabled I can: Connect to IM clients and online servers. But I get a "port not forwarded" properly error on uTorrent (and others), my downloads are erratic. It is a recent occurrence and there have been no changes to the router firmware. Just, one day, bam. 3 different drivers of the network card have been tried. It is also not OS specific, since I've tried it on Linux as well as fresh installs of valid XPs'. Any clue? (Okay...why the frak is firefox killing formatting?)

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're getting port forwarding errors you could always try actually forwarding the correct ports... www.portforward.com has guides for pretty much every router/application/game out there that needs it.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

MOVE CLOSER TO THE ROUTER!!!

Seriously though... My suggestion? Find out if you're router has a DMZ setting available. Its ... a built in firewall. Kind of. I think. Kill it, if you can, and use software instead. D: