1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Inner Eye of Harry Potter by jbern - T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by luckykas, Apr 5, 2009.

1. luckykas

luckykas First Year

Title: The Inner Eye of Harry Potter
    Author: jbern
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    DLP Category: Humor/Parody
    Pairing: None so far
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 39,566
    Updated: February 12, 2010
    Published: April 3, 2009

Summary: Imagine Harry Potter raised under the guiding hand of Sibyll Trelawney. He arrives at Hogwarts versed in the higher arts of Divination, Arithmancy, Numerology, and Palmistry - you know 'real magic.' Prepare yourself for one humorous ride.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4966520/1/The_Inner_Eye_of_Harry_Potter

I found it humorous to read of a Harry raised to believe in Divination as primary form of magic and using the 'higher powers' in his day to day life.

Checked by Minion, February 9, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  2. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I think there should be a rule (not unspoken one) against putting unfinished stories with 1 or 2 chapters here.

3. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Fucking epic. So many lawls.

Want moar. 5/5

4. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    Not the best idea for your first post OP...

5. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Heh, Harry seems even crazier than Luna here. Makes you wonder about their enconter next year.
    Not the most incredible history, but is pretty damn amusing to read. I dont think I ever saw that concept before either.
    4/5

6. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

As I already said in the 'Almost Recommended Fanfiction'-thread, the humour is lost on me.

And it's way too early to rate the story yet, so I'm not going to.

7. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Agreed on both counts. The punchlines didn't punch.

8. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

As I may or may not have said in the Almost Recommended thread I enjoyed it very much. Left a review on FF.net to that effect. I agree with Sophie and Mindless that it is too early at this stage to really rate.

That doesn't stop me from enjoying it very much as it is and eagerly awaiting more, if called on it, 5/5. I want Jbern to post more of this but I eagerly anticipate Lie I've Lived as well, tis a dastardly dilemma.

9. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Short, to the point, does what it sets out to do which is be funny.

I don't like to give ratings after only one chapter but for now it's solid 5/5 stuff and I doubt that'll change.

10. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Well, since someone had the brilliant idea to put the fic up for review with less than 5 chapters completed, I'm quite afraid this might be rejected before it's given a real chance of entering the library..

I find the idea truly amusing and I would very much like to read more of this.. And, seeing as it's jbern's work, I'm sure it will be library material.. Sooo, I'm rating this 4/5.

11. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

This is what's wrong with the rating system.

12. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm not gonna rate it, but I've made my thoughts clear on the first chapter in the almost recommended thread. I didn't like Lie much either the first three or four chapters, so I'm not gonna go either way on this fic at the moment.

But rating a story because so and so author written it, therefore it must be gold logic is annoying.

13. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Since the retard OP decided to post this, I will judge it on current merits, as the rules stipulate.

It's too short (since dumbass OP posted it when it's one chapter with no imminent updates), and the comedy is kinda meh. Perhaps it'll get better in later chapters, but for now I didn't particularly care for it - as was mentioned by a few people in 'Almost Recommended', where this belongs.

Writing is solid, though kinda confusing at times.

2/5 for what's there.

I dropped a point because jbern fanboys need to hold the fuck up and let it get into the library when its ready.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  14. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

well even though i found this fic funny it's neither a one shot (which i'd rate at this length) nor anywhere near finished so i won't be rating this yet.
    Frankly i'd just as soon have this thread deleted and get a new thread when he is actively posting the story (meaning at least 3 chapters)

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Amusing, but stories shouldn't be posted when they're only a couple of chapters long.

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

What a lame story. Growing up with Trelawney, while funny to think about, lacks humor in execution. Add in the ghetto dice-rolling and inside jokes with centaurs, and it just falls flat.

1/5

17. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Don't be a fucking ass and stop pretending you didn't understand what I meant. The system is dumb since once a fic is rejected, it has no way for it to get into the library anymore.

UNLESS, it's in the recycling bin and we simply have to rate it higher than 3.5 stars. That was the intention of my post.. I rarely post on these forums as you can see by my post count, and I've seen enough around here to know what happens. I'm just trying to avoid a possible good fic, which you might agree that all jbern's previous works are, of being rejected so easily simply because it had a bad start.

Now fuck off, smartass.

18. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Lol, there's no way any work of jbern's will ever do anything but get into the library. Loads of people joined this site merely because they are big fans of his.

So chill out. No matter how much of an asshole I may be, this is still going to make it into the library by a wide margin.

And yes, I've stated that I enjoy jbern's work well enough, particularly TLIL. That said, just because someone's name is Jim Butcher, JK Rowling, jbern, or Abraxan, I don't take that into account when I read a new story of theirs.

19. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Am I the only one who find the fact that it will take SEVEN years to finish a fic disturbing?

20. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Third Year

Hogwart's school years.