1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The Dark Knight by calatrava - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by blablablub, Apr 7, 2009.

1. blablablub

blablablub First Year

Title: The Dark Knight
    Author: calatravra
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Tragedy
    Pairing: Naruto x Kyuubi
    Words: 16,498
    Published: Aug 21, 2008

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4489238/1/The_Dark_Knight

Summary: Those Council fools want me gone so they can get back to the way things were. But I know the truth: there's no going back. You've changed things ... forever.

At first I tought it's a Batman/Naruto Crossover and in a "funny" kind of way it is.
    If you like an utterly insane Naruto that is a copy of the Joker from Batman then you will love this Oneshot.
    I never tought it was possible to bring the Batman/Joker mindset into the Narutoverse but I was wrong.
    I was never a big fan of Batman but I loved the last movie, ok I loved the insane Joker in the movie and it fits Naruto perfect in this one.

5/5 from me for this nice Oneshot of 16464 words.

Checked by Minion, February 15, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Gotham is a sprawling metropolis, mushroom clouds and a gang of cutthroats in a village just overwhelms the suspension of disbelief.

Itachi massacring his clan became too predictable as soon as it was clear that the author decided to make him this story's White Knight.

That was obviously the climax - then the author tacked on a few thousand words where Naruto lounging about with his love interest. There's a reason the movie didn't spend ten minutes having the Joker chatting up a nervous hench-clown and giggle in delight over forcing Batman and Harvey into moral dilemmas.

The ending, the entire story probably, is motivated by a desire to incorporate every single one-liner from the movie.

2.5/5.0. About what I expected for an exercise in fanboyism.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  3. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Shame, I expected a lot more from calatravra.