PDA

View Full Version : 5 Fictional Characters You'd Want on Your Side in a Fight

Taure
04-19-2009, 06:04 PM
You're in a fight for your life. Pick 5 fictional characters to join your side.

Mine:

Neo
Wolverine
Dr. Manhattan
Sam Vimes
Albus Dumbledore

Though Dr. Manhattan might just stand around doing bugger all. He's a gamble. Also considered Maximus from Gladiator but he lacks powers beyond the normal. Sam Vimes is in there by sheer power of awesomeness. Also considered Lord Voldemort, but decided that he's prone to idiocy and also might turn on me.

Aekiel
04-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Ah, a tricky question if ever there was one. It's like trying to select the magical power you would most want. Very difficult, but I suppose I might give it a try...

1) Neo - he holds almost unlimited power inside the Matrix, and if he carried those powers over to this world he would be practically unstoppable.

2) Rincewind - He may not be a hero in any sense of the word but if he was around the gang of superheroes I would gather I would know exactly which direction to run: the exact opposite to him.

3) Deadpool - Kind of like Wolverine but funnier. Would also need an incentive to stay with us, but with Rincewind nearby I'm sure he'd find all the people to kill he could ever want.

4) Superman - Do I even need to explain this?

5) Cohen the Barbarian - Absolutely the most awesome hero ever. Before he died he was at least 80 years old and still saving the day and getting the girl.

Silens Cursor
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Mine:

Gambit
Chainer
Boba Fett
Raistlin Majere
Severus Snape

Although in this case, I removed the Mirari from the equation, because it makes Chainer ridiculously overpowered and obscenely unstable. I'm still somewhat iffy about throwing both Raistlin and Snape in the same group - Raistlin has more killing power, but he's also considerably less likely to follow orders (Snape's at least somewhat reliable). And as long as Boba Fett remains well-paid, he's a solid jack-of-all-trades on the battlefield.

Taure
04-19-2009, 06:29 PM
4) Superman - Do I even need to explain this?

Dammit, none of my characters have kryptonite. Though maybe Dumbledore or Doctor Manhattan could make it. Otherwise we're going to have to settle for restraining Superman in some kind of magical immobilising/restraining spell.

deathinapinkboa
04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
1) Dumbledore, for obvious reasons
2.) Lord Azriel, he comes with an army
3.) Granny Weatherwax (The Weatherwaxes don't know how not to win).
4.) Imhotep (cause the mummy is cool)
5.) God, (s)he is omnipotent, so I get to win no matter what.

Covil
04-19-2009, 07:03 PM
1) KOS-MOS - Capable of destroying entire starship fleets. And she's sexy.

2) Goku - While never actually blowing up a planet he's killed enough people who can.

3) Rand Al'Thor - The Dragon Reborn, wielding half of the very power of creation has to count for something.

4) Superman - As said; he's rather self explanatory.

5) Gandalf - Kinda guessing at how strong he is, he never really cuts loose, but probably pretty damn dangerous.

And honourable mention goes to chaos [sic] his very reason for existence is to destroy the universe. If it wasn't a suicide attack he'd win by himself.

Hashasheen
04-19-2009, 07:14 PM
1. Galacticus
2. Pein
3. Shezza's Harry Potter
4. Iron Man
5. Megas XLR (with Coop, Jamie and Kiva)

Jangel
04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Your girlfriend.

Perspicacity
04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Depends on the fight. To buck thread trends, I'm going to omit Neo, Superman, Gandalf, and anything from Terry P.:

1) Elric of Melniboné. Fucker destroyed a universe; you don't get more badass than that.
2) Galactus. Is a universe. 'Nough said.
3) Either Heracles or Achilles. Whoever can be had on the cheap.
4) Dr. Strange. Why not?
5) Jubei Kibagami

Taure
04-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Ohh, I just remembered Q from Star Trek.

malaga
04-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Hmmm... I'm gonna go with:

1) Captain Jack Harkness. Perfectly willing to sacrifice himself over and over again, and has his handy dandy Time Lord wrist strap.
2) Rodney Mckay. Smartest man in two galaxies, plus comic relief and with always be slower if retreat is necessary.
3) Alucard. Control would be a bitch, but with the right bribery he would have a hell of an intimidation factor.
4) John Taylor. No one knows quite what he can do, but killing a whole ton of people seems to have made the list.
5) Storm, AKA Ororo Munroe. Electricity, rain, fog, earthquakes, currents, there would be no way for anyone to get close enough to attack if she were properly guided.

I was thinking about DEATH but decided that was cheating.

MellowYellow
04-19-2009, 08:06 PM
1) Grim from the Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy (always wanted death has my slave.)
2) Supergirl (strong like Superman but better to look at)
3) Nicolas Flamel (immortality for my troops and infinite gold sound good to me never mind the fact that he's bound to know some powerful magic after living for so long)
4) Lasciel from the Dresden Files (insane healing factor, immortality, photographic memory, access to hellfire and her knowledge)
5)Prof. Xavier from to X-Men (sweet physic abilities)

Blaise
04-19-2009, 08:14 PM
1. Batman, because he's already figured out how to beat your team. And he has kryptonite.
2. Flash
3. Jean Grey
4. Iron Man
5. Herpo the Foul, 'cause he makes basilisks. Yeaaah, hoe.

KrzaQ
04-19-2009, 08:15 PM
1) God (capital 'G')
2) T-1000 (or T-X)
3) Neo
4) Albus Dumbledore
5) Tom Riddle

There were two that I couldn't put on the list but wouldn't mind their help:
- V
- Zordon

BadVoodoo
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Zod from Superman 2. All superman's powers, no pesky morals

Fek'lhr the Klingon devourer of souls

Vulcan (Gabriel Summers) of the X-men

Typhoeus of Greek Mythology

The Hulk; the Ultimate incarnation.

Darje
04-19-2009, 08:47 PM
1. Khaine - Elvish/Eldar god of murder and destruction
2. The HAL - 9000 computer
3. Optimus Prime
4. The Borg
5. Iron Man

meatzman2
04-19-2009, 08:49 PM
1. The Doctor (Dr Who if you didn't get the reference)
2. Guts (from Berserk, the fucker just doesn't know how to die)
3. Darth Vader (well he turned into a good guy in the end)
4. The Emperor (from Warhammer 40k)
5. Odysseus

Taure
04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I've refined my list to be less awesome in terms of cool characters and more powerful.

Neo
Dr. Manhattan
Q
Ascended!Merlin (From Stargate)
Melkor (LotR)

Spanks
04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
1) Master Chief - the ultimate soldier and awesome armor

2) Ryu Hayabusa - mutha fucking Super Ninja

3) Lelouch Lamperouge (vi Britannia) - tactical genius and has a power that can make anyone do what ever he wants (only one time though)

4) Mario - not only does he get stronger just by eating mushrooms, spit fire balls and fly! The dude is a plumber. Can never go wrong with a plumber on your team.

5) Ebenezer McCoy - anyone who has read the Dresden Files and knows the back story knows just how bad ass this man is. The amount of destruction he's secretly brought upon the world is amazing.

Jamven
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Hmm... I'll try to pick some that haven't been taken

Obi Wan Kenobi ~ In his prime, he spanked the chosen one

"X-Man" Nate Grey ~ Rival or surpass powers of a Phoenix Force-imbued Jean Grey.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer ~ eye candy and strong

HK-47 ~ Mainly for the lulz.

Chuck Norris ~ The myth and the man

Blaise
04-19-2009, 09:07 PM
LOL at picking Dr. Manhattan and God; neither would do anything. Besides, God is always on my side...

@EvilSpanker: Mario is the fucking business.

reggin
04-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Ron Artest. I'll kill you motherfuckers!

Oh, and James Bond because I might as well be getting laid while killing all of you.

Dethklok
04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
1- Alucard from Hellsing. Whoever goes against him will be squealing like a pig. And he hates Nazis.

2- Lord Voldemort from jbern's To Fight The Coming Darkness. jbern wrote one devious motherfucker.

3- Nanoha from Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha. She will befriend you with magical particle cannons.

4- Galactus. My enemies must die so that he may live.

5- Batman, particularly Batman from All Star Batman and Robin and Dark Knight Returns. The definitive Dark Knight Detective.

Kai Shek
04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Ferrovax(Dresden Files)
Neo
Tavi(Leader: Not the strongest, but a great leader and commander)
Storm
Gandalf

Two Melee/Two Ranged/Leader who's a mix.

nonjon
04-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay. I started by ruling out everyone already mentioned in the first 22 posts in this thread. It's more fun like a fantasy draft than just repeating others.

Jason Bourne. I only wanted one between John McClane, Jack Bauer, and Bourne. In the end, McClane and Bauer have hot daughters inviting all kinds of unwanted complications.

Yoda. My wise old leader who amuses me more than everyone else.

Franklin Richards. Because I need some firepower and Yoda can guide him well. Also someone's gotta carry Yoda on their back.

Beatrix Kiddo a.k.a. The Bride who killed Bill. Her daughter can play with Franklin when she's needed for wetwork.

The Middleman. Need a real boy scout to help keep my motley crew together.

Yeah. I like the balance of these five better than just picking the five most powerful people I can think of. Though I am lacking in the super-genius department. They can get too hard to control.

Dr. Strange Lulz
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM
4) Dr. Strange. Why not?

You rang?

1. Gandalf - I mean... He's Gandalf. Come on.
2. Gregor Eisenhorn - Inquisitor from 40k he's badass as all hell.
3. Han Solo - Need comic relief, and frankly luck beats skill on occasion.
4. Conan - In terms of realistic violence, nobody tops Conan.
5. Denarian Harry - Courtesy of Shezza

Wildfeather
04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Hm...tough choices. Trying to avoid people already taken makes it even harder.

Batman- once fought a guy who could go back in time like 5 minutes, this allowed him to fight batman to a draw. The only repeat.

Vader's Secret Apprentice

Odin (marvel or )-An old man, true, but powerful.

Shikamaru (post time skip)- Need a strategist on my team, and he can immobilize people.

Gohan (after releasing power from Old Kai)- One of the strongest people in Z at this time, he kicked the crap out of Super Buu, and i'd wager he could take on Kid Buu for a while too...

Andro
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Obi-Wan.
Dumbledore.
Master Chief.
Jimmy from South Park.
Terminatrix from Terminator.

NightFox
04-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Albus Dumbledore
Sabriel from the Abhorsen Trilogy.
Ferrovax from DF.
James Bond
Alexander Suvorov (not necessarily fictional, but effective).

Sabriel for crowd control. Ferrovax and Dumbledore as my main hitters. Bond as intel and infiltration. Suvorov as tactician.

Samuel Black
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm gonna try to pick people that nobody has picked yet, and try not to get into the realm of godlike.

1. Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
2. One of the Knights of the Cross, probably Michael. Before his injury, obviously.
3. Voldemort from Shezza's Denarian Series. One badass motherfucker.
4. Michael Westen from Burn Notice. He's like Jason Bourne, but without the mental problems.
5. Gaius Sextus in his prime from Codex Alera. The man was ridiculously powerful from what we saw of him. Can you imagine what he was like during the prime of his life?

Cyclops
04-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Albus Dumbledore
Batman (Bruce Wayne)
The Punisher (Frank Castle)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ash J. Williams

Evan Tide
04-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Naruto from LD1449's Lost Soul(The story is okay, but the character is just awesome)

Who ever can use the Giga Slave from the Slayers series.

Deadpool ('cause I need an immortal soldier)

Mr. Black (comedy anyone?)

Ichigo ('cause it looks like the more dead he gets, the stronger he becomes.)

Psychotic Cat
04-20-2009, 12:48 AM
1. Inoue Orihime- She may not add much firepower, but the whole Reject reality thing could come in handy.

2. Belgarath, The Ancient and Beloved- Seven thousand years of wisdom and magic, duh.

3. Heroic Spirit Saber- She's got a magical invisible sword.

4. Nicolas Flamel(hp version of course)- Mmmm, elixir and have him brew up some of that wtfhax luck potion too.

5. Ikari Gendo- Because if he's in a fight, chances are he's already schemed a victory ages ago.

goldenwolfeye
04-20-2009, 01:00 AM
1) Onslaught - ever wondered what you get when you mix Xavier, Magneto and badass?

2) The Silver Surfer - screw Galactus

3) The Living Tribunal

4)Ferrovax - Oldest Dragon from the Dresden Files

5) Eva Angelina - for something to look at while the other guys kick mucho ass.

Samuel Black
04-20-2009, 01:09 AM
5) Eva Angelina - for something to look at while the other guys kick mucho ass.

She's not a fictional character.

InfernoCannon
04-20-2009, 04:41 AM
1. The Luggage (from Discworld)- it's the Luggage. Enough said.

2. The Doctor (Dr Who)- get him angry in the right way, he's genocidal. Is also a genius.

3. The Master (Dr Who)- if the Doctor isn't willing to do it, he is. Would be hard to control though. Is also a genius.

4. Carter (Stargate)- a genius, as well as a soldier. Best of two worlds.

5. Todd (Stargate)- a life sucking Wraith. So long as he doesn't get peckish outside of a fight, he's fine.

Tehan
04-20-2009, 04:55 AM
1) Brigadier-General Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE, the Defender of Piper's Fort.

2) The Great Wizzard, the Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography, Professor Rincewind (B. Mgc. Unseen University (Hon.)), the leader of the Terracotta Army.

3) Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League.

4) 25-Star General Zap Brannigan, captain of the Nimbus, flagship of DOOP.

5) The Warriors of Light, defeaters of the four Elemental Fiends (technically four choices, but they're pretty much a set).

From the Flashman Papers, Discworld, Harry Potter, Futurama, and 8-Bit Theatre respectively.

Grubdubdub
04-20-2009, 08:00 AM
1. Blue - as in the character from Pokemon Special, not the damn color.
Just to get rid of a phobia, she caught 3 legendary birds. And she's hot! She will provide most likely the environment that suits the team, as well as holding and detaining or killing any humanoid with no super speed or flying ability. I mostly chose of her skirt, though.

2. The Face of Bo - I know Captain Jack Harkness was already chosen, but
I think they are different enough. He can predict the future thousands of
years in advance, and can shut the power of a super sophisticated city when he's about to sleep/die. He provides brains [mostly for strategy], tank [as a last resort, really...] and he can take any strength-only characters like Goku.

3. Zor-El - I chose him mostly to negate all of those who chose Superman [he was seriously stronger than Clark in Smallville,] and to provide some muscle power. He also might be able to hold off Chuck Norris for a short while, I'm not sure.

4. Amusement Park Manager from Space Jam - No, I'm not fucking kidding. Think of those little twerps who took only [I]basket-ball's skills and became huge. Now think what would happen if that fat fellow will do it on multiple people or something stronger than dribbling and aiming skills. Provides power, tank and intimidation.

5. Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs - Or in short, Oz, as in the wizard of Oz. True, he's not a real wizard, but if he managed to be a ruler of a country with "Fake Magic" and Harry can barely turn a table to a statue, I'll say that "Fake Magic" is more useful. He will provide distraction [mostly for Blue, who can make an exit swiftly when unobserved] and defense from "Real Wizards" with the use of parlor tricks and trickery.

I don't really like having 2 and 3 on my list, as they aren't very original and I think I can do better, but I think it was fairly unique as it is.

Captain Trips
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM
1. DEATH - The death from Terry Pratchetts books, because he is death.
2. Scar - The Scar from the FMA manga.
3. Tobi - Tobi from naruto, mostly because he is funny.
4. Gig - Gig from the game Soul nomad and the Worldeaters, because he is extremly powerful.
5. Sheogorrath the daedric prince of madness - From the Elder scrolls game series, because he is awsome

Grubdubdub
04-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Weird choice for a first post. Welcome?

Chime
04-20-2009, 09:02 AM
1. Jabberwocky - he will galumphantly wicker-wack you to death
2. Kerrigan (Starcraft) - sorry, zerg > everyone
3. Robin (Batman) - counters Dumbledore
4. Heavy (Team Fortress 2) - has sandvich
5. Spy (Team Fortress 2) - counters everyone with stab, saps sentries

Sorrows
04-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Without going godlike...

1) Susan Death (Discworld)

2) The Doctor (Dr Who)

3) Gibbs (NCIS)

4) Cohan the Barbarian (Discworld)

5) Adam the Antichrist (Good Omens)

Dubrichius
04-20-2009, 11:28 AM
1. Revan (KotOR) - Just to one-up everyone else that's been choosing Force users.
2. Elminster (D&D, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting) - He's basically like Dumbledore, but much more powerful.
3. Arthas Menethil, aka the Lich King (Warcraft Universe) - It'd be a real challange to get him to follow me, but his access to an unimaginably huge army would certainly be useful.
4. Alucard (Hellsing) - Probably just as hard to get him to fight for me as Arthas, but he would definitely make almost anyone soil themselves if they had to go up against him.
5. Odysseus (the Illiad, Odyssey) - An extremely cunning and skillful tactician, who was also phenomenally good with a bow.

Fireblade5
04-20-2009, 11:48 AM
1) The Log - from the Naruto Abridged series.

2) Mad Eye Moody - sure he's not on the same level as Dumbledore but I'm of the opinion that he's less lenient in showing mercy. Plus he's one scary looking motherfucker and I, for some reason, picture him cackling through the whole ordeal. :awesome

3) Sephiroth - a Mumma's boy he may be, he still kicks ass.

4) Vincent Valentine - a three barrel gun, flight, metamorphic abilities and a badass look = :awesome

5) Yuri (from Shadow Hearts) - the guys a harmonixer, he'd go completely ape shit on anyones ass :D.

ElDee
04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
1. Mr. Spock (Star Trek) - Cool logic under pressure to find and exploit opponent's weaknesses. Operates from the relative safety of the USS Enterprise.
2. Juggernaut (Marvel) - Wolverine's regeneration and Hulk's strength with limitless stamina, unstoppable momentum and the ability to survive indefinitely without food, water or oxygen. He's the Juggernaut, bitch.
3. Cleric (Dungeons and Dragons) - A class rather than a specific character, but I can't rest heals, buffs and ridiculous shit like Slay Living, and [i]Resurrection.
4. Sylar (Heroes) - Not the pussy bitch with daddy issues, but the remorseless psychopath we all know and love. He will fuck you up and then harvest your brain.
5. Legion (Red Dwarf) - The stronger the opponents, the stronger Legion becomes.

Invader.Azula
04-20-2009, 12:34 PM
1. Susan Death (Discworld)
2. Tula (The Pirates of Dark Water)
3. Vincent Valentine (FFVII)
4. The Gatekepper (The Dresden Files)
5. The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Sarah
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
1. Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) He kicks ass plain and simple.
2. Severus Snape - he's decent in a fight
3. Legolas (Lord of the Rings) Just in case I need a ranged fighter
4. Jessi XX (Kyle XY) Beautiful, a genius, and as powerful as 20 men? Yes.
5. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) Young Snake because he owns. Old Snake...is okay but well...dude's old.

meatzman2
04-20-2009, 12:36 PM
1) Brigadier-General Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE, the Defender of Piper's Fort.

2) The Great Wizzard, the Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography, Professor Rincewind (B. Mgc. Unseen University (Hon.)), the leader of the Terracotta Army.

3) Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League.

4) 25-Star General Zap Brannigan, captain of the Nimbus, flagship of DOOP.

5) The Warriors of Light, defeaters of the four Elemental Fiends (technically four choices, but they're pretty much a set).

From the Flashman Papers, Discworld, Harry Potter, Futurama, and 8-Bit Theatre respectively.

That is a combination to be feared Tehan is the VICTOR.

Grubdubdub
04-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm surprised nobody chose one of the immortal's from Pirates of the Caribbean. Seriously, immortality + bad-assery + swords.

Dethklok
04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Here's my Fantasy 5, Mk. II:

1-Marv, from Sin City.

2- Samantha Carter, from Stargate SG-1. Smoking hottie, and smarter than a supercomputer.

3- A tossup between River Tam from Firefly and Cameron from Terminator. They both look the same, although Cameron looks a little bit older and looks better with brownish hair that River's straight up black hair.

Couldn't I just have them both?

4- Akira from the anime and manga Akira. Nuclear Psychic Bomb, anyone?

5- D, from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. One of my favorite anime movies.

Thorn
04-20-2009, 12:56 PM
1. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) Practically has the power of a God, no to mention you don't want to fuck with I.D.
2.Albedo the White Testament(Xenosaga) Unkillable and one of the best villians ever(he turned good in the end).
3. chaos,Yeshua(Xenosaga) as has been said, his sole existence was to erase the universe, even though he fought it.
4. Elly(Xenogears) Similar to Fei, and hey, nothing motivates Fei Fong Wong like the woman he's been with through countless reincarnations.
5. KOS-MOS(Xenosaga) Bitch could destroy pretty much every thing she wanted, not to mention she's the reincarnation of someone very important.

Go GO Xeno Team!

Solomon
04-20-2009, 01:08 PM
1. Albert Simon- An English gentleman with the power to summon God to destroy the world. Also extremely powerful on his own.
2. Serph, from Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. He has done plenty of rending, slaughtering, and devouring his enemies to gain some awesome bonuses by the end game.
3. Link, from Legend of Zelda.
4. Ovan, from the .hack//G.U. series. Something tells me I will require his ability to reset the internet.
5. Warmech, from Final Fantasy. I require his meganuke.

...All of mine came from video games. Huh.

huntedorange
04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
The Eldest Gruff - (Dresden files) The guy kicked ass
Merlin - (Harry Potter) revered as a god by modern wizards
Colonel Mustang - (FMA) But not if it was raining
Thor - (Stargate) Really really smart and his ships awesome
Zeus - (Greek Mythology) Leader of the Olympians and kicked Titan ass

Nukular Winter
04-20-2009, 01:23 PM
1. Unicron.--He eats PLANETS, man.
2. Mace Windu--Since Yoda, Obi-Wan and (pre-Mustafar) Vader were already taken.
3. Agent Smith.
4. Sylar
5. Evil!Willow.

Edit: LOL at God being on the "fictional characters" list. LOL.

Edit, part deux: Dammit, somebody already took Sylar. In that case, I take Arthur Petrelli.

Grubdubdub
04-20-2009, 01:32 PM
1. Unicron.--He eats PLANETS, man.
2. Mace Windu--Since Yoda, Obi-Wan and (pre-Mustafar) Vader were already taken.
3. Agent Smith.
4. Sylar
5. Evil!Willow.

Edit: LOL at God being on the "fictional characters" list. LOL.

Edit, part deux: Dammit, somebody already took Sylar. In that case, I take Arthur Petrelli.

...unicorns aren't real? :eek:

Narion
04-20-2009, 01:36 PM
1. The God-Emperor of Mankind, pre-Heresy (Warhammer 40k)
2. Q (Star Trek)
3. Ao (Forgotten Realms, D&D)
4. Hive Fleet Leviathan (Warhammer 40k)
5. Hive Fleet Kraken (Warhammer 40k)

I know, using the Hive Fleets is sort of cheating, but they are technically a single entity - just with multiple bodies.

Narion

Grubdubdub
04-20-2009, 01:38 PM

I know, using the Hive Fleets is sort of cheating, but they are technically a single entity - just with multiple bodies.

Narion

If that's allowed I'll switch Blue with the strongest Hive Queen from Ender.

Nukular Winter
04-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Somebody took the Borg, so the precedent is there.

ParseltonguePhoenix
04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
1.) the Erkling, the Dresden Files.

2.) Harry Potter, Joe's Wastelands of Time.

3.) Kratos, God of War.

4.) Tom Riddle, nonjon's A Black Comedy. I mean, really, this guy took down a Voldemort that Harry said was stronger/more analytical/had more staying power than the one he defeated.

5.) the Hellspawn Al Simmons, Spawn.

Dethklok
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
1- Kara Thrace, from Battlestar Galactica. It's Starbuck, man.

2- The Major 'Montana Max' from Hellsing. The motherfucker's crazy, but he can sure motivate the troops. See his 'I Love War' speech in the Hellsing Ultimate OVA IV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wcw5jWRhc

3- Unit 01 from Neon Genesis Evangelion. More of an entity than a character, but it is a giant robot that will open up a barrel of whoopass on you.

4- Roland of Gilead from Stephen King's Dark Tower series. He does not kill with his hand, he kills with his heart. (Is that how the saying goes? I forget.)

5- Gordon Freeman from Half-Life. It's the crowbar, baby.

Antivash
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
... Youre all fags for not choosing the important one. >_>
Gambit Q Felix Castor Morph Kahless the Unforgetable

Gambit > All. D8

Xanatos
04-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Symbiote Spider-Man - Good all round, tactical, funny awesome powers and the symbiote improves on the already decent powers.

Itachi Uchiha - Okay, Sharingan is waaaaay overpowered, but Itachi is still the man. Especially good at Torture and the like. Also has no issue taking out anyone except Sasuke, and I'll let someone else on the team handle that pussy.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - She's hot, she's funny, her powers ain't all that, but her sisters not bad too.

Light from Death Note - He's smart and he can write your name in a book and you'll die, done deal.

Raziel from Legacy Of Kain - Bit freaky looking, but at least he has a cool sword.

DarkAizen
04-20-2009, 02:56 PM
So, I think I would go with:

1.Tom Riddle(the charming and not stupid version)
2.John Connor from Terminator 4(played by Christian Bale)
3.Jack Sparrow
4.Ender( from Ender`s Game)
5.Freddy Kruegger(`cause he`s just scary)

J22
04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
My Team:
Crazy maid from Black Lagoon - Like the Terminator but creepier.
Sado Yasutora from Bleach - The dude used a telephone pole as a bat. Without powers.
Sanya from DF - The only knight with an AK.
Roland Deschain from The Dark Tower - One badass cowboy.
House - Every team needs a doctor. And he's always right.

Silens Cursor
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Vash, I'm already ahead of you here. Quoted from my original post on this page:

Mine:

Gambit
Chainer
Boba Fett
Raistlin Majere
Severus Snape

Why people don't pick Gambit is beyond me - the guy can manipulate kinetic energy for God's sake, and throws playing cards, which fucking rocks.

Montclair
04-20-2009, 04:30 PM
My Fantasy Team:

1. Mab - The Dresden Files
2. Ivy - The Dresden Files
3. Shezza's Albus Dumbledore
4. Shezza's Harry Potter
5. Gaius Sextus - Codex Alera

Knox
04-20-2009, 04:54 PM
1. Jason
2. Freddy
3. Wolverine
4. T-1000
5. T-Infinity ( It's from one of the comic books, sent back by Skynet to kill every Terminator, good and bad. Because Skynet realizes it made John who he was.

Naga's Shadow
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
My five.

1. Kefka(FFVI) He's insane, and he destroyed a world, did I mention he's insane.
2. Illidan Stormrage(Warcraft) Is part demon.
3. MacGyver(Lets be honest, any character played by Richard Dean Anderson would own face.)
4. Kagura (Inuyasha) A Wind demon, maybe a demon trend. Nah.
5. The Borg Queen (From Star Trek First Contact)

So four villains and a hero who can build a nuke out of things you can find in a garage. Well two villain, Illidan and Kagura aren't all evil.

DFisher
04-20-2009, 06:22 PM
1. UL (From Garion series)
2. Dweia (Hot goddess from Redemption of Althalus)
3. Jesus (Cause he died for our sins)
4. Chili Palmer (From Get Shorty and Be Cool)
5. Althalus (From Redemption of Althalus)
I tried being as original as I could.

Randeemy
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM
1: Casey Ryback
2: Rambo
3: Ace Rimmer
4: The Boss (MGS3)
5: Sylar (edit:and there was I thinking I'd made an awesome and original, yet obvious choice but some mug has beaten me to it)

Grubdubdub
04-21-2009, 08:05 AM
House - Every team needs a doctor. And he's always right.

You do know that House is a diagnostic doctor and won't help in a fight at all, right?

Taure
04-21-2009, 08:27 AM
You do know that House is a Superdoctor and not only diagnoses but does lab tests of all kinds and various types of emergency care and surgery, including brain surgery, right?

Blaise
04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
You do know that House is a Superdoctor and not only diagnoses but does lab tests of all kinds and various types of emergency care and surgery, including brain surgery, right? Yeah, it's all fun and games to watch him play "Okay, that didn't work..." with someone else. If you'd trust someone like that with your brain, I call bullshit.

Although he performs well when drunk/doped up on meds, which is cool for bragging rights.

Big D on a Diet
04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Wrote down mine before I looked in the thread. Tried to avoid any gods or god-like beings, in favor of people who got by on sheer toughness instead of superpowers, though some of them have them. I also wanted characters that I thought would get overlooked by everyone else.

Dead Boy (From Nightside) He's dead already, so what the fuck are you going to do to him?

Antillar Maximus (From Codex Alera) He's a powerhouse, and can both take and give orders.

Weaver (From TSCC) Couple of people already picked a T-1000, but no one mentioned her by name. Bitch is so hardcore that she can make metal float. That's right, motherfuckers... even the laws of physics are afraid to fuck with her.

John McClane (From Die Hard) Cause he dies fucking hard. Yippee ki-yay, motherfuckers!

The Man With No Name (self-explanatory) Also dead, and also pretty pissed off. Just his squint is enough to make mortal men shit themselves.

BloodRedSword
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Here's mine...

Guardians of the Universe(DC world)
Superman
Death
Jason Bourne
Pinhead(Hellraiser)

wraith5
04-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Jacen Solo- circa late NJO, before they fucked up his character in LotF
Gordon Freedman- gravity gun, nuff said
Chewbacca- ridiculously loyal and strong, also great with technology
Roy Keane- not a united fan but he'll kick your ass)
Hagrid- because every team needs a martyr

Gabrinth
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I got into this late, but I'll try to be original:

Yondaime (Naruto)- Hiraishin no Jutsu, Gamabunta, and the Rasengan make him king.
The Eternal Dragon from Namek (DBZ)- He grants me wishes, bitches.
HK-47 (KotOR)- Yes, meatbags.
Master Chief (Halo)- He's got luck and large guns. I don't know if even Superman will like plasma weapons.
Action Hank (Dexter's Lab)- ...

MellowYellow
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Posted by The Heir
Yondaime (Naruto)- Hiraishin no Jutsu, Gamabunta, and the Rasengan make him king.
The Eternal Dragon from Namek (DBZ)- He grants me wishes, bitches.
HK-47 (KotOR)- Yes, meatbags.
Master Chief (Halo)- He's got luck and large guns. I don't know if even Superman will like plasma weapons.
Action Hank (Dexter's Lab)- ...

Action Hank is pure win.

Krogan
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Alright my turn
1. Ivan Issacs from Priest
Hes an immortal undead priest with black magic who gets stronger as he gets pissed off. Hes like the Hulk but with magic and no speech impediment.
2. Wesley Gibson from the Wanted comics
He's the Killer, its fairly self explanatory.
3. The Devil from Reaper
Hes hilarious and so far hasnt been shown to have an upper limit on his power.
4. The Darkness
An infinite army and the ability to make any thing he wants right up to entire planets.
5. Ivy/The Archive from Dresden Files
Powerful as hell and she knows everything ever written. I dont think I really need to explain much more than that.

Aekiel
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
New list, consisting of only one person.

The Green Lantern (any of them) - solely so that I can steal that bloody ring (and the battery) and use it like it was meant to be used! Those idiots have one of the most powerful artifacts in the galaxy literally in their hands and what do they do with it? Create giant hands to hit people with. Ugh, having no imagination whatsoever must be a prerequisite to join the Green Lantern Corps.

Jibril
04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
1. Yog-Sothoth - from Cthulhu Mythos. He/She/It exists at every point in Time.
2. Lucifer - from Lucifer comic book.
3. Donald Duck - because when he is pissed he is awesome.
4. Getafix/Panoramix - from Asterix the Gaul comic books
5. Adria - evil!female!Jesus isn't she?

jeffs_no1
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
1. Worf - Star Trek ("I will not YIELD!!!")
2. Ronon Dex - Stargate Atlantis
3. King Leonidas - 300
4. Yoda - Star Wars
5. Q - Star Trek (God with Sarcasm = unbeatable uberness)

Vir
04-21-2009, 08:54 PM
1) Ender Wiggen
2) Elminster
3) Caramon Majre
4) Harry Dresden
5) The Morning Star, Archangel of Light, and the Lord of Air.

Taure
04-21-2009, 09:00 PM
5) The Morning Star, Archangel of Light, and the Lord of Air.

Best known for his acts of treachery. Smart choice :p

Vir
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Jesus goes by all those names, too.

Onlyhestands
04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
1. Beowful-Total Badass. He wrestles sea monsters to death, rips the arm off of Grendel, and can hold his breath for days.
2. Tintin-Ridiculously lucky guy
3. Harry Dresden
4. Solid Snake
5. Luigi-he can jump higher than Mario

ZeroTheDestroyer
04-21-2009, 10:19 PM
1. Jben
2. Vash
3. Taure
4. JustBlaise
5. Jolly Rancher

They ain't real.

malaga
04-21-2009, 11:20 PM
2. Ronon Dex - Stargate Atlantis

Interesting. I mean, he can hold a seemingly impossible number of knives in his dreads, but as far as brute force goes, I would have personally picked Richard B. Riddick over him.

Edit: The Riddick from Pitch Black, not from Chronicles.

BloodRedSword
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
New list, consisting of only one person.

The Green Lantern (any of them) - solely so that I can steal that bloody ring (and the battery) and use it like it was meant to be used! Those idiots have one of the most powerful artifacts in the galaxy literally in their hands and what do they do with it? Create giant hands to hit people with. Ugh, having no imagination whatsoever must be a prerequisite to join the Green Lantern Corps.

Who would need big green hands when you can split atoms to cause atomic explosion of epic lulz?

Agreed with your choice thought I prefer a hot female humanoid GL for eye candy, like Green Lantern of Sector 2815. If you follow GL mytho like me , you would know whose that, haha!

Taure
04-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Jesus goes by all those names, too.

...no he doesn't.

Jesus is refered to as the morning star, yeah, but not the "Archangel of Light". Jesus not being an angel and all.

Johnny Farrar
04-22-2009, 08:17 AM
The Prince Of Persia - From the Prince Of Persia - Warrior Within game. A very dangerous and ruthless swordsman and an skilled acrobat with Time controlling abilities, the Prince will be a helpful ally.
Kaileena - From the same game as above. A Goddess of Time and very dangerous with a sword, together with the Prince they can wreck havoc on the enemy.
Max Payne - From the Max Payne game. His bullet dodging abilities and skill with a gun will be invaluable in a fight.
The Joker - The villain from the The Dark Knight movie. A man with a cruel and twisted mind, he is a good ally to have on your side.
Albus Dumbledore - From the Harry Potter series. He is very intelligent and extremely skilled with a wand and a gifted duelist, with his immortal familiar, a phoenix, he will be able to repel the enemy attack quite easily.I was undecided between going for V from the V For Vendetta movie and the Joker. Both were very good in the movie.

Same was the case between Albus Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort, I chose the former considering the sheer idiotic mistakes the latter made.

Blaise
04-22-2009, 10:18 AM
New list:

1 & 2: Both of these bitches. (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/57998.html)
3. The Cleric (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdYSB7z7hok&feature=related)
4. Captain America. He beat the shit out of Giant man (Hank Pym)
5. Tony Jaa, of Ong Bak and The Protector (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIGP6_fNZk&feature=related) fame.

(Oh, and backup. (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/115884.html) 'cause fighting fair is gheey.)

The Wizard
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
1) Leonidas (I know, he was real, but 300 is epic).
2) Bryan Mills
3) Samson
4) Cameron from TSCC
5) Aaaand... I dunno. Kincaid or summat. >.>

Portus
04-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm bothered that I have no idea who a lot of the preceding choices are.
That said, I tried to keep my list to characters not already picked, so yeah, like a fantasy fantasy draft...

My five fictional characters would be:
Snake Plissken - every team needs a ruthless, ass-kicking smartass.
Bugs Bunny - I've never seen him lose; have you?
Arthur Fonzarelli - see Bugs Bunny.
Lela from Futurama - she's hot, kicks ass... and I've had my eye on her for a long time.:whipped:
Thunderbunny - if you recognize that off the top of your head, you might be fucking old.

What does it say about me that I have two rabbit-influenced characters on my list?

Now for a team selected without regard to whether my picks were already taken...

Dumbledore - Smart, powerful, tactically devious, and deviously scheming. Will gladly die for others, but in the meantime will keep Snape in line.
Snape - Asshole, yes, but badass too, and every team needs a member you won't exactly mourn if/when they get atomized.
Harry Potter from JBern's Turn Me Loose - that Harry has made the "Fuck it, I'm in it to win it" decision.
Roy Batty - Between fights, he could regale us with tales of attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
Ellen Ripley (from the original Alien) - let's face it, Molly Weasley's maternal rage at Bellatrix pales in comparison to Ripley in the power loader suit.
Sam (De Niro's character from Ronin) - always knew what was happening and what was about to happen. Plus, he used a bazooka.

Yes, I know that team has six, but honestly, everyone else on the team other than Dumbledore has a high probability of killing Snape in the first ten minutes, leaving us with the requisite five.

CigaretteSmokingMan
04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm trying to be original here

Wolf(Star Fox)- So he can stop the other people from doing that.

Church(Red vs Blue)- He's a mother fucking ghost.

A Pimp Named Slickback(Boondocks)- Invincible versus women

Chronos(Wastelands of Time)- He's good for a day at least.

Johnny Bravo(Johnny Bravo)- Good versus anything that's not a woman

enflamedsilhouette
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Merlin (Harry Potter) Dumbledore's good, but they treat Merlin like a god.

Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen) Probably have to give him a pep talk every once in awhile to keep him active and in the battle, but he's worth it.

Batman (DC Comics) If anyone can find out a way to beat you, it's him. Preferably a hybrid of the DCAU Batman and Frank Miller's.

Eru Ilúvatar (Lord of the Rings) Alright Taure, I see you're Melkor and raise you God.

Kratos (God of War) I just don't see myself losing with Kratos backing me.

Mordac
07-23-2009, 06:07 PM
...no he doesn't.

Jesus is refered to as the morning star, yeah, but not the "Archangel of Light". Jesus not being an angel and all.
Well, the pre-incarnate Jesus appeared as 'The Angel of the Lord' in the Old Testament.

Paimon
07-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Alucard - Rape train, can't die. Also, he can control anyone who he has killed previously.
Akira - Rape train of mass destruction, can't die.
Franklin Richards - Reality manipulation
Elixir (Josh Foley) - Biological manipulation including healing
Vulcan (Gabriel Summers) - Pew Pew Pew

Xiph0
07-23-2009, 06:47 PM
1) Vetinari (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havelock_Vetinari) from Discworld.

2) Roland Deschain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Deschain) from The Dark Tower.

3) Alucard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Hellsing%29) from Hellsing.

4) Sagara Sanosuke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagara_Sanosuke) from Rurouni Kenshin.

5) Seta Sojiro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seta_S%C5%8Djir%C5%8D#Character_outline) from Rurouni Kenshin.

Two gunmen, one vamp, two natural fighters, and Machiavelli himself. I will destroy you. :awesome

Aekiel
07-23-2009, 07:00 PM
New list! I'm excluding gods/God from this one since that makes it slightly unfair (plus they generally never do what you tell them to >_>).

Pein (Naruto): Is incredibly powerful, can bring people back to life.
Light Yagami: As long as he doesn't get it into his head that I should die, he's like a WMD all by himself.
Rand Al'Thor (Wheel of Time): Dragon Reborn and after the ninth book he's not likely to go insane and kill everyone.
Harry Potter: Insanely lucky and has very few compunctions against using the Unforgivables when necessary, and unlike Voldemort is almost certainly not going to try and grab power for himself.
Tony Stark: Genius inventor, has super suit.

Seratin
07-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Rand al'thor.

Chuck Norris. (Obligitory)

Monty Burns.

Albus Dumbledore.

God.

Imariel
07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
1, Meciel from Denarian Trilogy.
2, Marcus from Underworld
3, Ba'alzamon from Wheel of Time series
4, Altair from Assassins Creed
5, Grommash Hellscream from Warcraft Lore.

Custer
07-23-2009, 07:42 PM
My list:
1) Vash, because he will rape your ass.
2) Vash the Stampede, for obvious reasons.
3) Bruce Lee, because Bruce Lee trumps Chuck Norris
4)Nonjon, because you'll be too busy laughing to notice him kill you
5)Xiph0, because he's got all the damn guns.

Taure
07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
1, Meciel from Denarian Trilogy.

I really like this one, because rather than a character fighting for you, she would be a power boost for yourself, making it so you were an effective part of the fight.

At the cost of your eternal soul, of course.

afrojack
07-23-2009, 08:36 PM
1. Alucard (obvious)

2. Kratos (mortal > god? yes please.)

3. Mace Windu (More powerful combatant than Yoda, but not as wise)(SAMUEL L. JACKSON!)

4. Dumbledore (Elder wand, prodigy, no treachery)

5. Batman (for teh lulz)

I'm pretty sure the first three could handle almost anything, but the last two seal the deal.

Xiph0
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
@Custer: I'm no fictional character damnit, but I appreciate the thought.

Imariel
07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
At the cost of your eternal soul, of course.

Given that the soul is a non-defined abstract concept I think I can survive the loss.

frodrick
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
1. Batman - Bruce Wayne

2. Midnighter - Batman analogue from Wildstorm.

3. Green Lantern - Bruce Wayne

4. Batman - Terry McGinnis

5. Batman - Dick Grayson

Five Batmen. 'Nuff said.

afrojack
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
1. Batman - Bruce Wayne

2. Midnighter - Batman analogue from Wildstorm.

3. Green Lantern - Bruce Wayne

4. Batman - Terry McGinnis

5. Batman - Dick Grayson

Five Batmen. 'Nuff said.

/thread

But what about an Avatar all-star team, Aang, Roku, Kyoshi, Coruk, Yang-Chen. Five avatars = basically no chance, including avatar state, which could result in hive mind destruction. I realize that's it's only a anime-ish cartoon, but the concept behind it makes the avatars probably some of the strongest figures in recent fiction.

Othalan
07-23-2009, 10:23 PM
1.Liberty Prime (Fallout 3)- Giant fucking robot that throws nuclear hail-Marys and shoots laser beams out of his head. Apparently the only thing that can kill him is a full on orbit-to-ground nuclear bombardment.

2.Thor- BFH? Check. Shoots lightning out of said BFH? Check.

3.Jango Fett- Sure, his death was kinda lame, but before that, the dude was a soldier on the front lines by the age of thirteen, and killed Jedi with his bare hands. Doesn't get much more BA than that.

4.Sovereign (Mass Effect)- Massive, eons-old AI/Interstellar Warship that destroys entire civilizations and can enslave the hearts and minds of your enemies. As long as you could control him, he's a no-brainer.

5.The Operative (Serenity)- This dude can call half the Alliance fleet down on your head- if he doesn't shoot you/run you through with his sword/kill you with his bare hands first.

Blaise
07-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Fictional characters who, in terms of skills, probably exist:

1. Frank Martin - the Transporter
2. Ethan Hunt - Impossible Mission Force Agent
3. The Sergeant (British SAS) - 'The Granger Defense (http://aaran-st-vines.fanficauthors.net/The_Granger_Defense/Chapter_One_Defenseless_Muggles.php)' by Aaran St. Vine
4. Jason Todd - the second (more violent) Robin
5. Michael Westen (burned spy) - Burn Notice

EDIT: WTF ?
1. Jbern - Old.
2. Vash - lolPlease.
3. Taure - Weak.
4. JustBlaise - :awesome
5. Jolly Rancher - Rahkesh

They ain't real.o.O How did I miss this ?

afrojack
07-23-2009, 11:48 PM
The Wizard Team:

1.Gandalf
2.Dumbledore
3.Saruman
4.Voldemort
5.Arthur Langtry (The Merlin)

Serious magic.

Ragon
07-24-2009, 12:44 AM
1. Cloud: One big ass sword and by god he knows how to use it.
2. Luke Skywalker: If you follow expanded universe it just dont get too much better than Luke
3. Godzilla: it took an air strike to take him out in that newest movie
4. Buggs Bunny: by god the carrots are on me when we win.
5. A healthy Harry Dresden: not Harry by the end of the book where he can barely stand. I want a Dresden who is healthy and more than ready to kick ass.

Mr Strike
07-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Tried to limit myself to people(and cyborgs) I'd actually want to have my back rather than someone I'd throw into a fight and hope to not die.

In no particular order;
. Cameron Phillips from Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
. Roland Deschain from The Dark Tower
. Ben Wade from 3:10 to Yuma
. Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell
. Samus Aran from Metroid

There, five fictional people I'd probably trust with my protection in a firefight. Or hand-to-hand combat.

Euroclydon
07-24-2009, 01:55 AM
1. Goku - he's :awesome
2. Doc Holiday - 'nuff said
3. Dumbledore - wizard
4. Obi-Wan Kenobi - I dont recall him ever actually losing, just disappearing
5. Louis [L4D] - Token Black guy
And these guys are reasonably reliable too

enflamedsilhouette
07-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Just Wizards

Gandalf the White (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandalf#Gandalf_the_White) (Tolkien)
Merlin (http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/a-z/m.html) (Rowling) Again, Dumbledore's good, but Merlin's better.
Morgoth Bauglir a.k.a. Melkor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgoth) (Tolkien) Stephen King once said that Sauron was "Probably the prototype for Voldemort, but even scarier." (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20268412_2,00.html) Well Morgoth is the scarier prototype for Sauron.
Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeddicus_Zu'l_Zorander) (Goodkind) Wizard of the First Order
Batmage of Earth-33 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DC_Multiverse_worlds#The_52) (DC Comics) He's an alternate dimension Wizard Batman whose Master of the Dark Arts.

But I still like my original list,

Merlin (Harry Potter) Dumbledore's good, but they treat Merlin like a god.

Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen) Probably have to give him a pep talk every once in awhile to keep him active and in the battle, but he's worth it.

Batman (DC Comics) If anyone can find out a way to beat you, it's him. Preferably a hybrid of the DCAU Batman and Frank Miller's.

Eru Ilúvatar (Lord of the Rings) Alright Taure, I see you're Melkor and raise you God.

Kratos (God of War) I just don't see myself losing with Kratos backing me.

Although having Azathoth of the Cthulhu Mythos wouldn't be bad either.

Perspicacity
07-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm thinking along the lines of epic fail.

1. Master Shake
2. Aquaman
3. The Spleen
4. Meadowlark Lemon
5. Killface's son Simon or Howard Roark, whoever comes cheaper.

Orm Embar
07-24-2009, 02:37 AM
1. Azshara, Warcraft Lore: Obscenely powerful sorceress
2. Alucard, Hellsing: Terrifying, unstoppable
3. Methos, Highlander: He used to literally be Death.
4: Batman, DC Comics: Because every team needs a leader.
5: Orm Embar, Earthsea Trilogy: You can't go wrong with picking a dragon.

afrojack
07-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Samurai Team:

1. Afro Samurai (They call him the demon of vengeance for a reason, voiced by SAMUEL L. JACKSON)
2. Yamamoto Genryuusai (Captain Commander)
3. Rouroni Kenshin
4. Jin (Samurai Champloo)
5. Mugen (Samurai Champloo)

coleam
07-24-2009, 03:39 AM
Samurai Team:

1. Afro Samurai (They call him the demon of vengeance for a reason, voiced by SAMUEL L. JACKSON)
2. Yamamoto Genryuusai (Captain Commander)
3. Rouroni Kenshin
4. Jin (Samurai Champloo)
5. Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
What about Takezo Kensei (aka Adam Monroe) from Heroes? 500 years of experience, practically immortal, and a samurai. Sure, he did get neutralized in a rather lame way in the show, but unless the other side has Hiro, you should be good. Or you could take future!Hiro from season 1. Samurai skills plus teleportation and time control/travel.

Personally, I'd take:
1. Peter Petrelli, pre-fucked up powers. (Heroes) - Pretty much the same powers as Sylar, but unlikely to slice your skull open or otherwise kill you if you don't see eye-to-eye.
2. Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen) - He apparently can't be harmed, can duplicate himself, manipulates matter, teleports, can change size with a thought, and is unaffected by time.
3. Ichigo (Bleach) - the bastard refuses to die and just keeps getting stronger. Plus he has a huge sword and knows how to use it.
4. future!Hiro (Heroes) - master of time and space, and pretty handy with a sword too.
5. Kenny (Southpark) - up for pretty much anything, and can't die...well, he dies, but he always comes back.

afrojack
07-24-2009, 03:12 PM
What about Takezo Kensei (aka Adam Monroe) from Heroes? 500 years of experience, practically immortal, and a samurai. Sure, he did get neutralized in a rather lame way in the show, but unless the other side has Hiro, you should be good. Or you could take future!Hiro from season 1. Samurai skills plus teleportation and time control/travel.

Personally, I'd take:
1. Peter Petrelli, pre-fucked up powers. (Heroes) - Pretty much the same powers as Sylar, but unlikely to slice your skull open or otherwise kill you if you don't see eye-to-eye.
2. Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen) - He apparently can't be harmed, can duplicate himself, manipulates matter, teleports, can change size with a thought, and is unaffected by time.
3. Ichigo (Bleach) - the bastard refuses to die and just keeps getting stronger. Plus he has a huge sword and knows how to use it.
4. future!Hiro (Heroes) - master of time and space, and pretty handy with a sword too.
5. Kenny (Southpark) - up for pretty much anything, and can't die...well, he dies, but he always comes back.

In response, I reiterate Yamamoto Genryuusai. He's about as mystical/powerful as it gets for that type of samurai character.

Yama's +2000 years of existence, kendo, and fire > anything on that list you mentioned.

DarkAizen
07-24-2009, 03:47 PM
I only need one man beside me, and that man is ... BARNEY STINSON. (http://karthikeyanbalakumar.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/legendary___barney_stinson_by_southerndesigner.jpg )

Imariel
07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I only need one man beside me, and that man is ... BARNEY STINSON. (http://karthikeyanbalakumar.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/legendary___barney_stinson_by_southerndesigner.jpg )

I concur, you win.

Damnyoureyes
07-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: The man's smart, vicious, practically unkillable, and willing to go to incredible lengths to protect his friends. My bodyguard.
Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: Brilliant and deadly. Two-fer, and my "tech" person.
Gen. Wedge Antilles: Ace Pilot, unconventional tactician, decent soldier, average diplomat and good leader. My pilot. Also has good character shields. (I would have gone with Wash from Firefly, but....)
Imperial Auditor Miles Vorkosigan: As (possibly more) devious as Harry Paget Flashman without the latter's capacity for treachery, cowardice, and self-interest. My Diplomat, advisor and strategist.
Hellboy: Smarter than he appears, and very durable and determined. My expert on the paranormal. Who can shoot first, shoot some more, and then ask the important questions in a tactful and articulate manner.

I think I've got my bases pretty much covered. Have I forgotten anything?

reggin
07-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Pinhead, Butterball, Throatless - Hellraiser (I don't need anybody else really)(Would have God mode on.)

Kwan - From Bungle in the Jungle. (I always need a psycho fucker in my group)

Harry Potter - Main character that does not really die.

Jenkins
07-28-2009, 07:21 AM
The guy from Doom - He kills gigantic demons with rocket launchers for arms.

Voldemort - Probably knows some pretty messed up shit.

Batman - He beat Superman. Superman.

Superman.

Phoenix - Babe, tight outfit, powers of an eternal celestial being.

Anya
07-28-2009, 08:28 AM
John Constantine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Constantine); if I was stuck in hell who else would come rescue me?

Death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_%28DC_Comics%29); she's the anthropomorphic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropomorphism) personifications of death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_%28personification%29). Good person to have on your side.

Buffy Summers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_Summers); Longest living Slayer ever. Plus she is the leader of a Slayer army, with her on your side you get her army.

Willow Rosenburg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_Rosenberg); Most powerful witch in the western hemisphere, maybe even the planet.

Illyria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyria_%28Angel%29); An Old One with a heck lot of power. Plus she's blue. I like blue.

Plus:

The Doctor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_%28Doctor_Who%29); if the world is ending who better to have at your side?

redshell
07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Seriously? Come on people. The man's a Tyrant, and we don't fully know just what the fuck he can do. Oh, and let's not forget, RE fans, that he moves fast enough to blur.

Dante (Devil May Cry) - He's the son of the Demon Knight Sparda, and fucking immortal. Let's do this.

Kisuke Urahara (Bleach) - Well, he learned Bankai in three days, a feat replicated only be Ichigo, who is the main character. Plus, he makes just about everything the soul society uses, and we don't even know what his bankai is.

HUNK (Resident Evil) - Well, he's not called Mr. Death for nothing. Did I mention that he survived a close encounter with a rampaging Tyrant armed only with an MP5 and a sidearm and lived while the rest of his squad died? Oh, and that's a recurring theme too. Him living and his squad dying, that is.

Cthulu (H.P. Lovecraft) - Win is mine. The motherfucking destroyer of worlds. You're pretty much fucked. Oh, and did I mention that Three (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIj60VJQ8Wo) Metallica (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgdc__jYZ_0) Songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taNcHTFIn4c) are named after it? Third one's an instrumental, but still awesome. And it's Metallica.

royalduke
07-29-2009, 05:15 PM
I would have to say:

Athena, because she is fuckin smart.
Hades, god of the underworld, my troops will come back from the death.
Zeus, thunderbolts falling from the sky anyone?
Ares, can't forget the god of war even if he is a coward.
Harry Potter from Harry Potter and the Wastelands of Time. Everytime I lose, we start from the beginning again.

You can't beat my team!

Silens Cursor
07-29-2009, 05:31 PM
royalduke, you've got a bunch of mythical GODS on your team - who spent their time in Olympus and Hades fucking around (literally). Have fun getting anybody besides Harry to fight.

REVISED LIST:

Gambit: for obvious reasons - I mean, the fucker can manipulate kinetic energy, and he throws explosive playing cards. And he's a Cajun motherfucker. He can pretty much handle everything and anything.

Chainer (Magic: the Gathering): without the Mirari, he's just a dementist who can kick ass in melee and ranged with his chains. Not to mention spells like the death bloom and his ability to absorb monsters into his mind to dominate and twist into Nightmares. With the Mirari, he's damn near unstoppable, but he's also insane. Diversified attacker.

Horus (WH40K) - he's the fucking Warmaster of the Astares, and unless you've got an anathame, you're not taking him down any time soon. Melee and ranged attacker and also somebody who won't betray his master.

Raistlin Majere - he nearly became a god and destroyed the world, and he's got enough magic to pretty much wipe out everyone in his path. He's also reliable and smart enough to follow orders (and not double-cross his employer). Useful for some serious long-range firepower and any magical situations.

Boba Fett - a jack-of-all-trades that has plenty of firepower, options, and JUST WON'T FUCKING DIE. Definitely useful as long as one's money doesn't run out.

Giovanni
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Athena, because she is fuckin smart.

They do say that opposites attract . . . In this case, you're like a moth drawn to the bugzapper.

The Death Star
Luke Skywalker (now it is undestroyable)
God (all powerful and omnipotent as well as the most highly regarded fictional character of all time, therefore I win)
Superman
Supergirl (I can breed her with Superman and make a 6th one).

Blaise
07-29-2009, 07:39 PM
...it's no fun when you pick god(s), or anthropomorphic representations of universes, etc. Think barfight or streetbrawl, not galactic struggle. >_>

1. Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat). Show me someone who didn't wish they could do the ball-breaker as a kid, and I'll show you a liar.

2. Tommy, the Green/White/Red/Black Ranger (Power Rangers): "SST-AIYAAAAAH!"

3. Lara Croft: sugar momma with big guns....and firearms, as well :awesome

4 & 5. Boondock Saints

Too bad there's no program to see some of these teams go head-to-head. Is there a fantasy melée draft or summat?

Giovanni
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
JB: Why get in a street brawl when you can just blow up the planet they are on?

Blaise
07-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Because I like hittin' bitches. Haven't you ever been in a fight? Smashing on people is fun; I've never shot anyone, but I'd imagine that would be a rush, too.

Having Joe God on your team making me simply not exist is anti-climactic lol.

Giovanni
07-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Blaise, yes -- and I wrestled for a few seasons too (absolutely dismantling someone on the mat is an incredible feeling). I'm not denying the rush, but the idea of erasing someone's existence (or demolishing a planet) is just so much more satisfying.

Krogan
07-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Alright my turn
1. Wesley Gibson from the Wanted comic, hes the Killer, what more needs to be said?
2. John Sheppard from Atlantis, in case there are any women on the other side
3. Sub-Zero, because nobody beats Sub-Zero
4 and 5. The Winchester Brothers from Supernatural

enflamedsilhouette
07-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Bar fight, street brawl, etc.

1.Gambit

2.Batman

3.Grendel

4.Bobba Fett

5.X-23

Azrael's Little Helper
07-30-2009, 08:04 AM
1) Emperor of Mankind (WH40K) - can knock out Leman Russ with one punch for a month. 'Nuff said

2) Jarlaxle Baenre (Forgotten Realms) - brings in the Bregan D'aerthe

3) Artemis Entreri (Forgotten Realms) - near-unmatched assassin

4) Raistlin Majere (Dragonlance) - godlike sorcerer

5) River Tam - she can kill you with her brain.

Blaise
08-03-2009, 10:26 AM
I love this fucking thread so much. HP fanfiction characters:

1. Albus Dumbledore, from Joe's "Wastelands of Time"
2. Harry Potter (aka The Warden), from Samuel Black's "Tick-Tock, Mr. Potter"
3. Grindelwald, from Jono's "Stranger in A Promised Land"
4. Sorting Hat/Golem, from JBern's "The Lie I've Lived"
5. The Dementor Known as Fat Todd, from Nuhuh's "Catharsis"

Fat Todd, bitches. Fat Todd.

Kang
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
I love this fucking thread so much. HP fanfiction characters:

1. Albus Dumbledore, from Joe's "Wastelands of Time"
2. Harry Potter (aka The Warden), from Samuel Black's "Tick-Tock, Mr. Potter"
3. Grindelwald, from Jono's "Stranger in A Promised Land"
4. Sorting Hat/Golem, from JBern's "The Lie I've Lived"
5. The Dementor Known as Fat Todd, from Nuhuh's "Catharsis"

Fat Todd, bitches. Fat Todd.
Justblaise wins the game.

Scrittore
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
1.) Jesus Christ - Son of God, out for revenge, and can kick some ass like he did with the moneylenders in the bible. You don't think God gave him some cheat codes? Find out the hard way.

2.) The Man with No Name - That's right, Clint Eastwood's character from the Dollars Trilogy. If you looked up badass in the dictionary, you'd get the face of this man.

3.) Yoda - Most experienced Jedi ever. He may be small but he's not too small where he can't kick your ass by not even moving.

4.) Winston Wolfe (Pulp Fiction) - He solves problems, don't let that problem be you.

5.) Tyler Durden (Fight Club) - Every team needs a psychopath to round out it's ranks and Tyler Durden fits the bill. First rule of this fight club? Your ass is going down.

Dethklok
08-03-2009, 05:38 PM
My new list:

1: Any Bolo tank from Mark XV and up. Bolos are like Terminators, but worse. Far worse. And with better weapons. Hellbore.

2: Dirty Harry.

Just because.

3: Neo from The Matrix and only from The Matrix. Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions sucked balls. And Neo using guns kicks ass.

4: Uchiha Itachi, without the so-called 'sickness' that took a badass ninja from us.

5: William Adama from nBSG with a fully loaded Galactica. Those frakking Toasters don't stand a chance.

BsuperB
08-03-2009, 06:16 PM
1) Gene Hunt - Life On Mars. - Purely because, It's Gene Frickin' Hunt.

2) Fanon Voldemort - Not JK's cheap ass excuse for a Dark Lord who was defeated by a Disarming spell... pathetic...

3) Arthas Menethil; The Lich King - It's Ner'Zhul. 'Nuff said.

4) Goku - Gotta have one DBZ guy in here somewhere.. Nothing like watching a grown man scream like a girl & suddenly pack on the muscle like Roid abuse in seconds.

5) Harry Potter from Joe's 'Wastelands of Time' - I think this one goes without saying.

Mix & match team, all good in a hand-to-hand fight I daresay, or near enough. Wasn't going with Super Heroes just because.

Blaise
08-03-2009, 08:54 PM
3: Neo from The Matrix and only from The Matrix. Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions sucked balls. And Neo using guns kicks ass. QFT...although I won't lie, I geeked out over the Neo vs. multiplying Mr. Smith fight scene.

desiking75
08-03-2009, 10:25 PM
To be somewhat original (somewhat being operative)

1) Cell from Dbz (just to avoid goku)
2) The nine-tailed fox from naruto
3) Jack bauer, the second chuck norris
4) Leon from Resident evil series
5) Donkey kong because... hes a buff monkey?

DarthBill
08-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Frankly, I wouldn't want Goku, Superman, or God on my team, just because they probably wouldn't be willing to do the things I'd want them to.

1) Revan

2) Rogue

3) Genie (of Aladdin)

4) A T-800

5) Toph OR Dr. McNinja (edit: Averis's post reminded me of him)

Don E. Delivery
08-03-2009, 11:13 PM
1. Raven from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Dances across water, gets shot in the head and comes back to life, and if he really wanted to, he could say "Quoth the Raven: Nevermore" without looking like a complete ass. The showman of the group.

2. Barret Wallace from Final Fantasy VII - Dude lost his arm and got it replaced with a gun, he's willing to die for the planet, and he's got a thing for blowing expensive shit up. Definitely the trash talker of the group.

3. Galbatorix from the Inheritance Trilogy (Eragon) - Rides a dragon, has an entire army at his disposal, and he's ruthless as hell. As long as he doesn't turn against the group and slay them all (see: what happens in the books) he's a definite lock for leader.

4. Paul Bunyan - Made the Grand Canyon by dragging his axe behind him, and has a kick ass blue oxe as a familiar. He's the brute force in the group.

5. Rick O'Connell from the Mummy - Knock him down six times, and he gets up seven. Key weapon: Whatever he gets his hands on. The level-headed member of the group, and the one with the hot MILF wife.

Perspicacity
08-03-2009, 11:50 PM
4. Paul Bunyan - Made the Grand Canyon by dragging his axe behind him, and has a kick ass blue oxe as a familiar. He's the brute force in the group.

Blue Ox!Animagus Harry would make a good crackfic.

For the hell of it, an all-Babe crack lineup:

1. Babe the Blue Ox.
2. Babe Ruth - man had good swat (and taste in cigars).
3. Officer Bud-Babe (Kochanski) from Red Dwarf.
4. Babe the Pig - if we get hungry (Pigs is for eatin').
5. Emma Frost (don't tell me she's not a babe). Dessert.

MrINBN
08-13-2009, 08:16 PM
1. Deadpool, because he kicks ass and he's funny. Plus, he's a ninja.
2. Rincewind the Wizzard, in case we have to run away :P
3. HK-47, amazingly skilled assassin droid and hilarious.
4. Caine of vampire lore. He's the ORIGINAL vampire. 'nuff said. (As a side note, the encounter rules for Caine are just "You lose.")
5. Urza Planeswalker. Incredibly powerful mage and dimension hopper, as well as a badass inventor.

Sagita
08-16-2009, 04:55 AM
God tiers:
1. God
2. Lucifer
3. Hades
4. Poseidon
5. Zeus

With this team no one here stands a chance... but in honor of fair play:

1. Merlin: Think of Gandalf and Dumbledore but better.
2. Harry Dresden: Power house.
3. Batman: Money, intellect and he kicks ass.
4. Luke Skywalker (the one after the movies): Lightsabers and the force are awesome.
5. Kincaid: The first one would finish the fight, the other 3 are there just in case and Kincaid is here for MY protection, after all he is the only one that actually lnows how to be a body guard.

Darn, all my team members have been choosen... That means a 3rd team:

1. Scarlett (G. I. Joe) She knows how to fight and she is eye candy.
2. Zoro (One Piece) A swordsman looking to become the best.
3. Revan (from KOTOR) A jedi mastermind that sees the elimination of the Republic as a way to get ready for the inminent return of the Sith.
4. Isaac (Golden Sun) He uses something akin to magic and wields the sword like a master were it not enough he can call fort summons that put Final Fantasy ones to shame.
5. Obelix (Asterix and... Duh) He fell into a well, quite like Ranma, but instead of turning into a "hot" girl he turned into a French super man (wow, french superman... Isn't that instant lose?) none the less he is a physical powerhouse.

There is my team, the only one you guys have used is Revan but he is so awesome that I will keep him there just because everybody loves the Force and lightsabers.

Grubdubdub
08-16-2009, 06:25 AM
God tiers:
1. God
2. Lucifer
3. Hades
4. Poseidon
5. Zeus

With this team no one here stands a chance... but in honor of fair play:

You do realize that except for God all of your team members have been beaten? That means that in order to beat your team you only need a few titans and to believe in God... ;)

afrojack
08-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Actually, all you would need to beat that team is Kratos. It's his speciality.

And about Merlin, as far as I've actually heard about him, combative magic wasn't exactly his forte. Orginial does not always equal best. Although, I could be very wrong here. This is based solely on what I've heard of the actual character Merlin from his original mythos. Whatever embellishments recent authors have added is another matter.

Twisted
08-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Hmm... tough to pick just a couple :)

1) The Doctor - Sonic screwdriver, anyone?
2) Denarian!Harry (Denarian Series) - Would inject a bit of humour into there
3) The God-Emperor of Mankind, in his prime (WH40K)
4) Shrike, in his prime (Mortal Engines Series) - to protect me. Man gets run over by a small town on wheels (read the books) and just gets back up. And then he's killed. Three times. And gets back up.
5) If it all goes to shit, Orannis from the Old Kingdom series. Just let him loose. I'd probably die, but it'd be a win for my side.

EDIT: I'd swap Denarian!Harry for Wastelandsoftime!Harry in a heartbeat, assuming the guy was in his prime and not completely buggered by every debilitating horror known to man, like he was a lot of the time in that series. Darkslayer ftw.

Sagita
08-16-2009, 02:30 PM
You do realize that except for God all of your team members have been beaten? That means that in order to beat your team you only need a few titans and to believe in God... ;)

Well... That's why I made the other teams, to have some back up. I feel like a tard <.<

RedNehi
08-16-2009, 02:53 PM
1) Superman-Prime - psycho, but resistant to magic
2) Sodom Yat - superman, but also has a green lantern ring
3) The Flash (Barry Allen) - faster than light
4) Darkseid - Omega Effect
5) Dr. Greenthumb - for the after partly

ReverseSide
08-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Bah, your teams lack power. Psychological warfare is needed.

1. Alma: Even if you can survive, you'll be afraid for the rest of eternity.
2. The grudge girl: Let's see superman fight that.
3. Mother: from Silent Hill 4.
4. Santa Claus: he knows when you're asleep. He knows.
5. Leo Stenbuck wielding Naked Jehuty: because everyone needs at least one giant mecha on their team.

Blaise
08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
O shi-

HERE COME THA' NIGRAS!

1. Spawn
2. Luke Cage
3. Charles Gunn (Angel)
4. Isaiah Bradley
5. A Pimp Named Slickback

Sol
08-20-2009, 01:24 AM
1. Jack Burton

Iztiak
08-20-2009, 02:36 AM
God tiers:

1. Merlin: Think of Gandalf and Dumbledore but better.

Gandalf >>>> Merlin > Dumbledore

That is all.
Gandalf is powerful. Y'know, the sort of, pick up the ring, become the new Sauron thing?

Wasn't he just supposed to not use all his power?

Rehio
08-20-2009, 03:07 AM
1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Throwing galaxies, fuck yes.

rogueboy
08-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Since the trend seems to picking only one character for the "team," let's see...

1) MacGyver - He'll find a way. Maybe he'll turn a few paperclips and a loose bit of thread into an elaborate binding device to incapacitate everyone but himself simultaneously, or maybe he'll pull out his Swiss Army Knife's handy dandy I-WIN button and proceed to attempt to push said button just as a nearby timer (which isn't attached to anything and appeared out of nowhere) is ticking down to its final seconds in the sort of breathtakingly intense scenes only cable t.v. sitcom studios are capable of creating.

Either way, he wins!

Nemrut
08-20-2009, 08:03 AM
1. John McClane (Come on, no one can kill him)
2. The third Hokage in his prime (The one considered to be the god of Shinobi at his best, can't do wrong with this one)
3. Dumbledore (Gandalf never struck me as that powerful, at least compared to other wizards and Merlin, well he has vague powers but he doesn't have an immortal phoenix at his side)
4. Black Mage (from 8 bit theater.)
5. Luna Lovegood (I am assuming the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks are huge, ferocious and unstoppable beasts and that Luna can somehow control them. Even if not, would be cool to have her on the team.)

I also considered Dolores Umbridge as everyone would first aim at her, giving my four other characters the time and the opportunity to deal lethal strikes but then disregarded the idea as nothing could be worth the trouble of having her on your team.

Amerision
08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
1.) Cthulu
2.) The Spectre
3.) Dr. Manhatten
4.) Superman
5.) Albus Dumbledore

None have ever been beaten in a fair fight (with the exception of Superman). Regardless, each of them is so incomprehensibly powerful that any one of them could enable a complete takeover of human existence.

kevo125
08-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Batman- Come on, He's The Batman
Master Chief- He's massacred armies, survived a plague, destroyed world-sized creations. Why wouldnt i choose him?
Merlin- Father of Modern Magic
Zeus- He can throw lightning bolts. Hes practically a really strong Pikachu
Dr. Manhattan- Moody, but all-powerful

Schrodinger
08-20-2009, 10:56 PM
1. Kay Altos, from Line Of Delirium. Kickass bodyguard, never misses, has a sense of humor, and a lot of luck. Oh, and he is also basically a Captain America level Super Soldier.
2.Sergei Luyanko, the man who invented half the weapons of the Line Of Delirium Universe, including Excalibur, a tachion rifle which shoots a second before you pull the trigger, and The Ultimatum, which fires a special type of energy projectile, which IS SHEATHED IN ANTI-MATTER because the stuff itself is even more reactive.
3. Miles Vorkosigan, from the Vorkosigan series, because he can talk my enemies into walking off a cliff, joining me, or raping their own mothers. Or pretty much anything else.
4. Belgarion, from the Belgariad, who holds an Artifact called "The Orb Of Aldur" While he was talking to a friend about its capabilities, Belgarion casually mentions that it could probably re-arrange the stars to spell out his name in the sky. It shivers, and ASKS HIM IF HE WANTS IT TO. So.. yeah. And he's hot.
5. BloodRayne. Because she rocks.

Syrosaka
08-20-2009, 11:48 PM
1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)- If mickey mouse trust him to save the universe then I'm sold.

2. Mab (Denarian Lord by Shezza for sure, maybe Dresden Canon. Not sure.) She's a soul lacking queen of winter. Reminds me of my aunt.

3. This guy -->:banana: - because I hope that he would distract the other team, and just because I can

4. Yoda. Same as bananna. He would be distracting as hell, and just because I can.

5. The bass player for System of a Down, because his facial hair is the shit.

-----EDIT-----

Luna Lovegood can be swapped in for Yoda if need be, because honestly I think he's a rotfang.

Pieman
08-21-2009, 12:34 AM
1) Negi from Negima, because he's fucking Negi.
2) Jack Rakan from Negima, who broke reality with a pair of panties he stole from a loli and his penis.
3) Caster from FS/N, awesome buffs bro.
4) Mat from Wheel of Time, less emo than Rand with 40x the luck, and possibly the entire Seanchan army with him
5) Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. Because every team needs a tactician. Totally.

Dareycow
08-24-2009, 05:31 AM
1. Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. (That's one evil little bitch.)
2. Chuck Norris (Chuck Norris needs no explanation.)
3. Chuck Norris (when he was in his Albus Dumbledore incarnation phase.)
4. Chuck Norris (when he was in his Goku incarnation phase.)
5. Chuck Norris (when he was in his Tyrael incarnation phase.)

Maximus
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Darth Bane AKA the Sith'ari
Cenarius
Alexstrasza (139450000 hp never fails )
Candlejack
Superma

ChaosGuy
08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Shirou from FS/N (Unlimited Blade Works route), able to create any weapon he sees and able to use it with the same level of skill as the one who used it. Sure the weapon is weaker by one grade, but with the weapons he has seen, a grade down is that big a deal. Also he still has his reality marble.

Negi from Negima, kid genius and not so overpowered to make the fight boring.

Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho, he's powerful and he seems like a guy who would enjoy a bar fight if devolved into that

Any mage who is excellent at buffs, besides Caster from FS/N, she just isn't that trustworthy.

Batman, because we need one overpowered character.

Redeye
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Well lets see,

1. Sephiroth
2. X or Zero (from Megaman X series, as if I had to explain)
3. Gogeta (at first I had both goku and vegeta on the list and I was like, wait! FUSION-HA!!!)
4. Hikusaak from the Suikoden series (for those few fans of Suikoden out there, they will understand just how beastly this man is)
5. Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear (Come one, anyone who's actual name is Badguy is good in my book. or should I say bad?)

J22
08-27-2009, 05:56 PM
And in the female division of the special olympics...
Luna Lovegood - HP
Osaka - Azumanga Daioh
River Tam - Firefly
Inoue Orihime - Bleach
Ivy - Dresden Files.

Antonimus
08-27-2009, 06:37 PM
1. Chewbacca. A hairy motherfucker who could eat your face off.
2. Dobby the house-elf. I cut you, he vanishes the blood. All of it. Every last drop.
3. The King of Queens. Comedy relief/garbage disposal.
4. Shadow the hedgehog.
5. The gran torino from Gran Torino. Guys gotta have a ride.

What now, bitches!

venom
08-27-2009, 08:07 PM
1. Apocolypse From X-men
2. Jason Bourne - 1 man army
3. Alex Mercer from Prototype
4. Tony Montana - What Mother Fucker would take him on
5. Wonder Woman - Cause she looks better in a costume then Superman
I dare anybody to take this side on

Narion
08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
I dare anybody to take this side on

Challenge taken:
1. The God-Emperor of Mankind, pre-Heresy (Warhammer 40k)
2. Q (Star Trek)
3. Ao (Forgotten Realms, D&D)

I win. Hell, any of those alone beat all of yours at once.

Seriously, though, this is not suited for turning into a competition. It'll get very stupid, very fast. Particularly if the fanboys get involved. That, and an arms race of imaginary characters is inherently stupid.

Narion

The Wizard
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!!!

ChaosGuy
08-27-2009, 09:11 PM
OZ! How could you make me lose the game!

Rayndeon
08-27-2009, 11:29 PM
There are any number of God-like or flat out "God" characters in many different fictional settings. Here's a sampling of 5:

Living Tribunal (Marvelverse): Omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya): Can alter, create, or destroy reality according to desire
Lord of Nightmares (Slayers): The dystheistic creator of the Slayer's metaverse.
Akira (Akira): Can create universes, control over reality itself, etc.
God (Bible/Quran/various other religious texts): Omnipotent, omniscient, etc. Obviously, most people wouldn't consider such a being fictional, although the entity is obviously present in fiction just as well.

chronic dragon
08-28-2009, 12:46 AM
1. Haplo from the death gate cycle books.
2. Phoenix summon from FF, can just revive anyone that died.
3. Han Solo, he gets out of any jam he finds himself
4. Brock Sampson from Veture Bros, badass and can kill with anything.
5. Artemis Fowl, the brains of the operation.

Mog
10-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Has Failed Completely.

~Ignore me I suck cocks.~

Blaise
10-24-2009, 12:29 AM
1. You're gay for necroposting.
2. God-like characters = boring.

Mog
10-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh shit, sorry about that wasn't watching the dates my bad.