1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Feartheturtle problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Master Slytherin, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

You were right Raven, it seems that my "mysterious" stalker on ff.net is indeed the eloquent feartheturtle. Do any of you guys have his email or something? He seems to have serious issues. 1) He still believes that his false identity as Lord Ravenclaw is fooling people 2) It's been almost half a year since he was banned and he's still not over it 3) He somehow believes that I've "taken his place" when I'm nothing more than a regular poster while he was an admin 4) I was nothing but polite to him when he was here yet he has some strange obsession with me and 5) He can't even spell his own name.

I've been very patient with him up till now but it's really beginning to irk me. So do any of you, namely Raven, Midknight, Zev (but anyone who knows please come forward), remember his email or IP address or know a way to get him banned from ff.net? This is not just irksome for me, but quite a few readers of OSOH go on to become members here and those who read his ridiculous comments would get a bad impression of the site as a whole. I'll go on a pruning crusade deleting all his "reviews" now but I honestly need to confront him via email or get him banned.

2. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Is he doing signed or annon reviews? If its signed then you can go to his account to get the e-mail, but as it seems, hes proobably leaving annon reviews isn't he?

3. Master Slytherin

Clearly. I mean he can't create another Lord Ravenclaw accont can he? And I can't delete signed reviews. But the ridiculous layout for the anonymous reviews deletion page is horrendous so this is proving difficult.

4. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Ouch, that sucks... some people are just that stupid... its sad sometimes. Maybe you should deactivate annon reviews.

5. Master Slytherin

No point in stopping all anonymous reviews just for one idiot. Most of them are fine, it's just feartheturtle. and if you're reading this feartheturtle, then be a man and get a proper account.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This is utterly retarded. It may not be him but a guy pretending to be him. but it's still stupid.

Someone get ahold of Hobbes, see if he knows anything about what his dipshit brother is doing

7. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Ugh, :fear is such a dumbass. I'm surprised an admin didn't save his IP before deleting him.

8. Master Slytherin

Honestly this is utterly ridiculous. That's a review I just got from him or his impersonator a couple of seconds ago. I actually googled feartheturtle and it came up with a whole load of forums which he was trolling on. While it may not be him, the spelling mistakes are very similar to his posts last year and to the posts on those forums.

9. DGD

DGD Headmaster

10. Element

Element Seventh Year

Lord Ravenlcaw
    2006-03-04
    ch 20, anon.

Hell, if you're going to impersonate Lord Ravenclaw, at least do it right. ;) .
    I've never encountered FF.net's support services, but something tells me that they won't do anything even if you do email them.
    Its quite strange how he randomly pops up even though he was apparently banned a while ago. Perhaps its because of DLP people suddenly knowing who he is now, what with the FTurtle Icon and everything.

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

That was fear copy/pasting an article. Note the HTML characters not processed.

12. Midknight

Ah but we did. Sort of.

When you post, there's an IP attached to that post. We can pull up the IP addy for that post and it'll show us who's posted from that IP address before.

However, once you delete someone it becomes a bitch to do it this way, as pulling up the IP for a post that WAS under fear's nickname, shows that IP, along with tons of other IP's b/c once you delete someone, the nickname becomes guest.

I think in the future we won't delete any offenders, that way it makes it easier to go back and check on them if something happens in the future.

What I do have however, after an hour and a half of searching through old posts, is

24.35.73.192 [ 64 Posts ]
    24.35.72.41 [ 11 Posts ]
    69.10.213.55 [ 3 Posts ] (speculation, this is the guest that attacked me)

Most of his posts got culled, but the top 2 are confirmed multiple times over, feartheturtle posts.

I've added a disclaimer under my ff.net account as well, informing anyone who reads it to disregard anything that is said from nonregistered folks claming to be me, or Lord Ravenclaw... which is amusing b/c the guy couldn't even spell ravenclaw right.

I wouldn't guess it's fear, I'd probably go more for someone here thinking it was cute after hearing us bash him, and doing this, as retarded as it is...

But then, come to think of it, it's happened once before to you MS, or was it someone else that got this?

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Is this guy starting up again? Insanity, I don't know why some kids go through all the trouble.

Heh...ever more idiotic considering that Raven is a grammar whore. :p

14. Master Slytherin

It has happened quite a few times, yeah. On OSOH it happened back in december and several other times though I can't remember the date. Also happened to Freelance Hero when it was up.It's strange because there's evidence for and against it being feartheturtle. Here are some quotes from the FH topic that I dug up:

(by the way this was a response to FH getting deleted by the nazi ff.net admins)

Either it's not feartheturtle and some smartass who browses here thinks they're funny or it's feartheturtle who felt his duty to do what he can to cause trouble on this site. The positive reviews from him above make it a bit more complicated. Why would he spam a fic he liked? He could've gone for any one of the many authors here...

15. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Fear's Back?....This guy really wants to get his ass kick doesn't he? :twisted: So what are we gonna do?

16. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I know that this was him. Definitely.

17. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

FF.net won't do a thing. This has happened before. I tried to contact them about this problem but they never answered.

18. Midknight

Aye that falls under the ip of 24.35.73.192 [ 64 Posts ] that I listed above. trust me I looked for over 90 mins, I verified the ips I posted were his multiple times. Most of the posts had folks below him quoting him, so even though his nick on the post NOW shows guest, the quote system on the reply still said "feartheturtle wrote"

19. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

Isn't it great how the entire site will unite against one unfortunate person? Guess once you got tired of bashing me, you moved back to featherturtle and Fear.

No comlaints here. :mrgreen: Just so long as it isn't me, I'm happy.

Yeah, so what sort of things did featherturtle say that got him kicked out of an admin position?

And why does everyone hate Fear?

20. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

only for a couple of days before there done with featherturtle or something they propebly come to kicking your ass.

and who is this guy, form what i heard from him he looks pretty pethatic. and frm the looks of it, i think we have our own dark lord terrorizing Fanfiction.