1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Welcome to Hogwarts 1949 by Ohyeah100 - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by ip82, Mar 4, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Welcome to Hogwarts 1949
    Author: Ohyeah100
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Drama (but more like a Mystery/Suspence/Thriller)
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 29
    Words: 123,294
    Updated: 04-23-12
    Published: 08-24-05

Summary: Harry is accidently transported fifty years back in time through a fluke with the mauraders map. Here he runs into and befriends Tom Riddle, hoping to find his only weakness. No Slash.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2550563/1/

This is for some reason labeled as Humor/Drama, but it is rightfully a combination of mystery and thriller, starting off in the middle of Harry's 6th year and moving on to 1949, Riddle's 6th year at Hogwarts.

In short, Harry is stuck in 1949 until he learns something important about Tom Riddle. They become sort of friends but they don't exactly trust each other. This is not a redemption fic - Harry and Tom are chummy with each other and hang together most of the time, while beneath that facade, they are desperately trying to figure each other's plans and motives.

Tom's character is great - sly, cunning, charming but very dark already evil. As for Harry, he starts as a non-whinny variant of canon!Harry, but is turning darker and more Slytherin along the way.

Downsides include somewhat vague and stupid time-travel method (Marauder’s Map?) and lots of typing/spelling/every other kind of errors. This can also be slow at times, but remember, this is more like a suspense/thriller than your standard action/adventure fight against the evil bullshit.

Checked by Minion, January 6, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  2. apicard

apicard Guest

Ah! The problems with experimenting with untested magic! :twisted:
    The grammar in places is a little off too...

3. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

it would make an interesting fic if it didn't have so many mistakes.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Uh...I'm surprised you didn't link this in Unrecommended FanFiction, or even Awesomely Bad FanFics, IP. Honestly, this fic isn't worth reading, but the summary was good.

5. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    If he had a Beta it could be alot, better then wat it is. But other then mistakes its okay not "awesomely bad" but not great either.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Why? The only thing missing here is better spelling... everything else is OK, especially after a few chapters, when Harry settles down.

It's maybe because I'm not native english speaker that I don't mind spelling and typing errors as much as you people do...

7. daterza

daterza First Year

One of the better tom riddle/harry time travel fic I`ve read.

I like the way the author shows the change harry is going through.

overall not a bad stor ;)

8. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

no your wrong. there is another fic where harry accidently been transported to riddles time, but lost his memories. it's really really good. it has a sequal as well. i can't remember the name though. i'm surprised that fic is not in the DLP....or is it.

9. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

This fic doesn't belong in the unrecommended fanfiction. Sure, the start was a bit stupid, with harry being transported through the map but it's all good from there. Character interaction is interesting and Tom Riddle is exactly how i assumed him to be, though i don't see harry tripping him and not getting anything in return. It's really a good story if you don't mind the typoes that much..

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The map idea isnt too bad since it explained that the map probably held magic its creators didnt even know they put there. He probably meant that it was connected to the castle in some way... so castle and the map did it... anyway...

It looks really messy in some places but not unreadable. I enjoyed it, really. I havnt read all the posted chapter but im nearly there. Its readable, yes, but it does get a bit hard on the eyes after reading it for a long period of time.

11. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Like the whole idea but the grammar is just way to off to read further, atleast the author could try and get a beta..

12. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

If you are able to overlook the grammar mistakes than you´ll have a great time with it. Harry slowly changes and I wouldnt be suprised if he became some sort of mini Riddle. Definitely a must read.

Oldmagic the stories you mean are from Niger Aquila

Learn from History - T
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1646940/1/

and the sequel

Friend or Foe? - T
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2044600/1/

13. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

I've offered to spellcheck for her so that the chapters become more readable.... I'd hate for a good story like that to not get the attention it deserves. Btw, she's only 15. :O_O:

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Good on ya. That will definitely beef it up a bit. Finally got to the end. It's a good story and now with Aura spellchecking, grammar, ect... well, it'll be much better. :D

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

It doesn't matter how old you are, you should be able to spell correctly when you post a story.

16. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Yup. She should know how to spell and use spellcheck. But one thing that really bothers me is that she's american... :O_O:

17. daterza

daterza First Year

this latest chapter seems better than the one before it. The fic as a whole keeps geting better and better in my books.

18. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

If I ignore the errors it's o.k. Not the best but definity;y not the worst I've seen. Oh and my oppinion on the spelling is that it is horrible but I have a bit of a problem with grammer and some spelling my self, not that bad mind you, but still, I can't complain.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This story has been finally updated, and quite a good chapter it is too (though there a quite a few noticeable spelling errors and such).

Just thought I'd let you know.

20. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Yeah, it's a good story. I'm glad that it's not abandoned. I like how Harry seems to be turning dark because he believes that he can 'fix' it. That when he goes back to his time, nothing will have stayed that way. It makes it vary believable.