1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Scrubs

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by White Rabbit, May 13, 2009.

1. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

I saw the finale finally. It was one of my favorite shows, and I enjoyed their ability to make a comedic spin on the usually drama heavy genre. It was definitely a good show, and I'm sad to see it end, but I'm glad where they took it. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd recommend picking it up when it comes out in a box set.

Finale thoughts. Carla/Elliot hawtness was :awesome. Hooch is crazy as hell. Where was Brenden Fraser?

2. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I thought the finale sucked to be honest. Only funny part I found was J.D tricking Cox into admitting JD was an awesome doctor. It's a shame the finale was so bad considering the quality of past seasons.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I actually have to go with Anlun on this, the finale blew hard. There were a few random funny bits in there but they tried way too hard to infuse drama into this. Scrubs is funny but when they start trying to cram that much drama into it, its just terrible. Also out of all the chicks JD hooked up with over the show Elliot has to be the most annoying out of all of them, was I the only one hoping a Janitor prank would backfire horribly and take her out for the finale?

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I liked the finale. D: It was sentimental and more of an attempt at ending it than they did last time around.

Also, a lulzly note. The demographic for that show was males 18-35. I read that on TMZ or summat the other day, some place doing coverage on it.

5. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I'd have to agree with Zombie. It wasn't the funniest epsiode, by any means, but it was a nice end to the series.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I hope not. It just wouldn't be the same.

EDIT: Oh, huh. 800th post. Interesting....

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Scrubs was one of the best written TV shows ever, in my opinion. I'm still in awe of how they managed to mix humour and seriousness so effectively.

And yeah, I heard they were bringing out a new Scrubs with a new cast. I think it's best to view it as a completely different show rather than Scrubs.

9. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I thought the finale was great.

It wont be the same without JD and Carla. But I think would be alright as long as they keep Cox.

10. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Thats to say if the others don't go with them. Turk and the Janitor have signed on to do other shows. As well as Cox probably won't stay there, he can't carry the show on his own, as he's the soft-tough guy that everyone likes/dislikes/understands. Thats with the old cast though, the new ones have no attachement, and I see nothing working out in the future with them. It'll be just like ER is now.. A revolving door of people

11. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Meh, scrubs turned to crap in the last few seasons. Watch an episode of the first season. Watch the Sitcom parody. Then watch an episode of one of the later seasons. See what I mean?

12. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Oh awesome we have a thread for this.

I saw the finale a couple days to go, I liked the way they ended it to be honest, even the part where the see the possible future they might have. I thought it was a great ending.

13. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Boston Legal did a good job at this also imo.

14. Midknight

Watched it tonight. Wow.

Elliot's hot, but her head is like the size of her entire fucking torso, it's weird when you see a zoomed out shot of her in a tshirt.

They took the gay bromance shit too far as usual, but it had enough funny moments to be awesome

15. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

This...

...and this.

Since Australia is so far behind, and since I've been so busy with Uni, I only just got around to watching the finale online. The above two quotes show my feelings.

Wiki says this:

16. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

There are 6 more episodes, which I can only hope will rock as this episode, though I don't see how it's possible. The ending was AWESOME. Also, did some one catch the How I Met Your Mother reference? Let it arrive indeed.

17. Midknight

It's sucked since they brought it back. The bromance is hard as ever, still stupid, JD acts even gayer if possible. Pregnant Elliot is SMOKIN. The new Dr. Cox mini-me guy made me cringe, and the med students fail to impress me.

But hey, they did get a female that acts like JD, so at least the lines make more gender sense now coming from her.

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I heard they resurrected this show again for the what? Is it the forth or fifth time now? I tried watching the new season but honestly I just got bored. I can't stand Elliot, shes decent to look at but only until she opens her mouth.

19. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Fuck Jo. I don't wanna watch another damn episode about Her/MedSchoolResitGuy's relationship.

And the whole "Guy Love" thing between JD and Turk turned gay in season 8. What used to be a decent running joke, is now dead.

I don't know what I'm complaining about since I'll still probrably follow it anyway. Cole was kind of funny with the "Wingmom" skit.

20. Midknight