1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Curse of Fate by Mistress Nika - PG13

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Skeletaure, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Curse of Fate
    Author: Mistress Nika
    Pairings: Harry/Snape, Ron/Hermoine, Harry/Ginny, Sirius/Remus
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: Thousands of years into the future, vampire Harry only wants to join his loved ones in death. However, his curse of immortality is absolute. Therefore he sends himself back into the body of his infant self, vowing to this time refuse eternity. When do things ever go according to plan? Unexpected changes to the timeline, people who aren't as they once were and more send his life spiraling out of his control. Because some things were meant to be.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2703901/1/

Hi, I'm new here so I'm gonna start putting a few of my fav. stories up - I hope I get the posting format right as you guys seen to not like it when people get it wrong. Anyway, this story is quite good, the slash hasn't started yet so I dont know how bad that will be and I think the Harry/Ginny is just in the past. At the moment Harry, in his 11 year old body, has convinced the death eaters that he is in fact Lord Voldemort in Harry Potters body and Harry Potter dies in 1981.

2. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Re: Curse of Fate by Mistress Nika

Psst... This is gonna be a hard one for people to except on this site it contains what most here try to abolish. Your writing is impecable, your other fic Possesion has awesome potential as does this one if it doesn't go the slashy route and have obvious harry/ginny
    And i must say harry impersonating the dark lord was brilliant :D

P.s. that letter was to slashy ex."Moony! My love! My darling! How I miss you so! Oh, but for the memories of the time we spent together I would have gone mad in this awful place! I count the hours until we can be together again! Then I'll take you in my arms and kiss your lips and carress your-- Thats not good.....Thats Gay

3. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I thought it was interesting. lol. Harry's character is hilarious. And there has only been a few mentions of Ginny, and the only slash is seen from Sirius' letter, which, as I saw it, was one big joke... eh. I'll probably read it until the HP/SS starts.

Please don't lynch me! :ph34r: (*runs away laughing*) <-- The result of little sleep and getting drugged with caffeine pills.

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I'd say, until a mod or admin tells you to stop, feel free to post and recommend any fics you like. As long as you're up front about what the fic is, be it slash, Orange Crush, or worse, written by stained-future. Just be aware most here will rip into the slashy ones, the Harry/Ginny ones, etc...

Although, if you like I did start a thread a while back for just this sort of thing DLP unmentionables: H/G fics you may be able to stomach...

You might safer from the trolls (who I doubt even looked at the fic) by sticking the H/G fics you like in there.

Then again you've got one here that's not only Harry/Ginny but also Harry/Snape slash.

I'm scared too kids.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Ok...most of the posts I deleted were from the newer members, so I'll just repeat what we've said before, if you don't like the pairing, fine. But don't bash the story for having H/G or slash, especially without reading it through. Read the story first, and if it isn't good, bash at how the pairing was portrayed and how they got together. If you don't like the pairing, don't read the story, don't post in the topic.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is actually rather good beggining of an AU story. Very powerful Harry, great twist with him pretending to be Voldemort and excellent idea with Remus leading the British werewolves...

For now, there are few mentions of the slut, but still no SLASH (Sirius' letter was a joke).

Still, this will definitely turn into a girly slash-fest sooner or later - she already have Harry the 20,000 years old vampire, pining after the Rednecks and the mudblood bitch... yeah right, like he would even remember their names after all that time.

7. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

I am enjoying this story a lot at the moment. It has some very original ideas in it and its very well written. As long as it doesn’t turn into a raving ass pounding slash fest in the near future I will probably keep reading it just because it actually has me hooked. I’m not even that much of a fan of Vamp!Harry this is just a very good story.

(The way I wrote this review makes it sound like I REALLY like the story…I don’t I just think its above average and worth the time of day to read.)

8. assosson

assosson Backtraced

Why is this in the trash? Its 4 stars... >.>

I loved this fic even though i hate slash... Give it a try guys, just ignore the gay parts.

Edit: And ah, guys, its rated M not pg-13 now

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, my first post...the memories come flooding back.

Anyway, this story started out well, but in recent chapters it has disolved into the slash-fest that ip82 warned of. All semblance of there being an actual story has been lost amid the suddenly overbearing "romance", if this farce can be called that.

Edit: It's 3 stars now :p

10. assosson

assosson Backtraced

damn you... oh well... But still, imo it deserves some recognition... albeit the slash...

11. AllieWay

AllieWay Backtraced

I really liked this, but then it just... urgh, just a warning: DO NOT READ THE OUTTAKES! It is a FULL slashfest. Damn, but the story itself is quite good. I especially liked the early chapters, but then the story started to drag a bit, still readable though. If it was HHr, would have been a lot better imo.