1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

V (Airs on ABC starting January 2010)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 21, 2009.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Today, the world woke up to find spaceships over every major city. The Visitors claim to have come in peace, bringing gifts of medical miracles and technological breakthroughs. They promise to do no harm. They're lying. Most people believe the aliens have arrived just when we needed them most. We're eager to embrace their generous offers of help, but while tracking a terrorist cell, Homeland Security agent Erica Evans stumbles upon something far more sinister. When her partner tries to kill her, Erica discovers that the aliens have plans to infiltrate our governments and businesses, planting seeds for their plot to control mankind. Convincing anyone of the truth will be impossible because the Visitors have two powerful weapons. First, they've given the people faith with their reassuring presence and gifts. Second, they've rallied our youth. Thousands of teens, including Erica's son, have been recruited as 'Peace Ambassadors' but they're actually serving as unwitting spies. Erica's violent introduction to the truth thrusts her into the resistance movement, where she joins forces with Ryan, a rogue alien driven to save humanity. She'll have to balance her covert activities with her job, and her role as a mother, fighting to protect her son Tyler even as he joins forces with the enemy. From executive producer Scott Peters, Emmy-nominated creator of The 4400, comes a bold re-imagining of the sci-fi classic. Let the invasion begin.

The cast: Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost), Morena Baccarin (Firefly), Joel Gretsch (The 4400), Morris Chestnut (Ladder 49), Alan Tudyk (Firefly), Scott Wolf (Party of Five) David Richmond-Peck (The Day The Earth Stood Still), Laura Vandervoort (Smallville), Lourdes Benedicto (The Nine), and Christopher Shyer (The Day)

Promo #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCmV59oXV1A
    Promo #2 (3 Minute Trailer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJRafM1e8Q&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.visitorsite.net%2F&feature=player_embedded
    Pilot Clip #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuUHoeQnu68
    Pilot Clip #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOFxo0ISTk8

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Trailer wasn't necessary: you had me at Laura Vandervoort.

Looks interesting, but what I find interesting typically doesn't end well. Either it'll be sweet for two seasons and get raped (see Heroes, Smallville), or get cancelled before getting interesting.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

According to the studio they have the show all mapped out into four parts. I take that as meaning they have a four-season plan.

4. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Youre assuming it'll be too well-received to be cancelled before airing all 4 seasons.

5. Boo

Boo Auror

Where are the red jump suits?

And you cant have "V" without Diana.

6. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

QFT Their sister company canceled Kyle XY the only show I ever really watch anymore :( Of course they cancel it after dragging it through the mud with pointless teen angst and drama. >_<

7. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

let me say... lots of better shows than Kyle XY... or any ABC family show in general.

8. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

True but compared to ABC FAM's usual lineup it was gold. I only watched it for the hilariously overblown sci-fi powers anyway.

Oh and because of Jaimie:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  9. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I'm watching a similar show called Earth: Final Conflict. While not as graphically powerful and funded by such a huge corporation it is still good and the series is complete with over 100 episodes.

But I'll be keeping my eye on this V. It looks interesting.

10. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I was just thinking that. V sounds just like Final conflict.

Still the basic concept was always good. Final conflict only started become crap when they replaced the core cast and diverged from the original conflict.

11. Garrus

Garrus Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I remember seeing the original series. It was pretty hilarious, the only thing I really remember is the lizard baby climbing out of the one of the female lead's vagina when she gives birth to twin human/alien hybrids. One is mostly human and the other looked like a small dinosaur.

12. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was Wash from Firefly.

I'm sold.

Edit: wait, it doesn't air until Jan 2010? Meh. Thats way too long away to even bother anticipating. Anything newer coming out soon? :/

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Could be good.

14. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I remember seeing it when it originally aired in 1984, when it was a two-part miniseries followed by a mediocre series that was cancelled after 1 season.

It wasn't a great--even back in the day--but if they can redo it Battlestar Galactica-style it might be worth watching.

15. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    I don't like Morena Baccarin with short hair. That said, I'm definitely interested.

Let's just hope that the other Firefly members don't also have the Curse, like Summer Glau and Terminator TSCC, for which I am truly angered was shitcanned.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Does this remind anyone else of the Aschen story in SG1?

Regardless, it sounds interesting, and has a good cast, so I expect great things of it.

The beginning is such an Independence day copy too, lol. Utterly shameless.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  17. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

a little bit like the aschen... they were awesome villains. I wish they had showed up more instead of that stupid lucien alliance.

18. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The beginning of Independence day is such a V copy. Utterly shameless.

I remember I once saw the old series dubbed on some German recycling channel and it wasn't that great. Though watching science fiction which has been filmed ages ago is always weird.

The plot sounds great but I don't keep my hopes up. Good scifi is too expensive for most channels and doesn't attract enough attention to justify the effort.

19. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

Watching the trailer again, it looks like it could be good, as long as they don't make it all about how man is turning away from God, and other BS religious themes.

20. Illution

Illution Seventh Year