1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Uninvited Guests by Moczo - Bleach - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Andro, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Title: Uninvited Guests
    Author: Moczo
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/General
    Pairing: None
    Summary: The tense standoff in Hueco Mundo explodes into... um... actually, it doesn't really explode. Fizzles, maybe. Meanwhile, the plan to retake the Seireitei goes... say it with me now... Horribly Wrong.

It's not really a summary since it's for the latest chapter, but it is about the 11th division accidentally burning their living quarters down and trying to convince the other divisions into letting them stay.

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3505858/1/Uninvited_Guests

I recommend only the earlier chapters, until the author became over-reliant on breaking the fourth wall in a desperate humor to inject humor. But it was excellent while it lasted with many lulzy moments.

2. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Just had to point that out. Yeah, story's good to waste time and it brought a smile to my face at points, but nothing that really makes me laugh. Got sour after like 8 chapters though.

3. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Uninvited Guests by Moczo (Bleach)

Title: Uninvited Guests
    Author: Moczo
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    DLP Category: Humor Fics
    Pairing: None
    Summary: It began so simply. The 11th Division lost their barracks, and decided to move next door to bunk with the 10th Division. Surely such an ordinary beginning couldn't draw the entire Soul Society down into an ever-escalating spiral of chaos. Right?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3505858/1/Uninvited_Guests

This is, by far, the funniest Bleach fic I have ever read, and possibly the funniest fic period. It starts off pretty simply, but it quickly goes from there to a full scale drunken revolution and civil war in Sereitei, and rescue attempt in Heuco Mundo.

The fic is absurdly self-referential, parodying all the faults and strangeness in the series itself. It does follow Hitsugaya, but he is exceptionally strong in his role as the only straight man. Still going, but approaching completion fast. It starts good, slows down a little, then gets freaking hilarious.

The latest arc involves Aizen realizing the universe always lets the hero win, and proceeding to invade Soul Society with his 'band of friends' (read, Espada) and 'defending the values of justice, love and honor'.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

It gets really fucking stupid later, and took too long to recover from its slump.

5/5 for the beginning, 1/5 when they start worshipping a toaster as their god. 2/5 overall.

5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I remember seeing this fic in the For Review before.

The beginning was awesome but it begin to get really bad after the first 10 chapters or so.

Overall 3/5 for a story that had me laughing quite a lot in the start.

Edit:A search lead to this.

Link

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  6. Censure

Censure First Year

I fail to see how worshiping a toaster as their god is a bad thing in a comedy fic.

While it is silly, and relies on mechanics that might not be "good storytelling" to get a laugh, I write that off as the rule of funny in a comedy fic. I personally find it very entertaining, and tend to laugh at least once per chapter. The silliness to me often reaches a point where it's more lampooning some of Bleach's stupider aspects than just being pure crack.

From the second most recent chapter, a little exchange that I think really encapsulates where the story has gone.

"... ah. I can see that trust building will be something of chore, then." Gin said. "Well, whatever, so long as I'm not on his side anymore..."
    "Oh, Gin. You simple, simple fool..." Aizen said.
    Flashback:
    Aizen smirked, holding up his sword. "Shatter, Kyouka Suigetsu." he commanded. "Gin... when we invade the Soul Society, you will defect to the Shinigami. I will totally have planned this, because I can't trust you ever since you kicked me down a pit, so I want you out of my army."
    "Yes, Lord Aizen..." Gin said. Then, in confusion, he said, "Wait, I don't think your complete hypnosis actually works like this. Also, if you really wanted me gone, why not just kill me?"
    Aizen responded by throwing a handful of powder into Gin's face and shouting, "Amnesia Dust!"
    End Flashback:
    Gin trembled in fury. "Again... screw you, Sosuke!"
    Hitsugaya shook his head in bemusement. "Wow. Even your own flashbacks only half-believe that one, eh?"

5/5, personally. It makes me consistently laugh, and that's all I ask for in a comedy piece.