1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

why the hatred towards ron/weasleys/hermione?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goddessofboredom, Jun 11, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. why is it that almost everyone hate the weasley's (not inculding fred, greoge, bill and charile) i understand precy cause he an evil git, but rom had more then once proved himself as harry's friend, yes he does get jealous (btw i am a crap speller so sorry in advance for all the spelling mistakes in this post) but he usually hides it, the only time he really shown it was in GoF. and in PoA he put his life in line for harry. yes hermione is a know it all and is annoying but like ron has proved tht she actually cares about harry.
    same wiv mr/mrs weasley. ginny does hero wishorship harry but is slowly getting over it..
    why the hatred?

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ron is written as a stupid, food loving idiot, who blindly follows around Harry. He's got no real character depth of his own through the first books, and the first majorly signifigant thing we see of his character is the blast of jealousy that came out of nowhere.

He's an annoying tag along, whose every interaction with Hermione is agitating, since it seems JKR is going to constantly write them at each other's throat, when they need to just go to a broom closet and screw.

Hermione's who demenor in the books is that of a girl you would think about tossing in front of a train. She's bossy, stuck up, and thinks she's better then whomever.

Ginny, is a hero worshipping twit, who was probably only created so Harry would get with her later in the series, solidifing the "The Weasleys are my family" crap angle. She shows how smart she is when she spends all of book 2 constantly waking up in wierd places, covered in blood, and doesnt mention it to anyone. Is more of less forgotten about until book 5. Just another example of how JKR will introduce disposable characters with no background. (you don't spend an entire year focusing on events Ginny is doing, and then forget about her pretty much for the next 3 years)

She's such a clean slate, that someone somewhere decided to make her a bossy, smack happy little twit, and it's stuck for fanfiction, and ruined her in canon.

Molly Weasley, is annoying as all hell and back, b/c almost everytime I see her dialogue, it's either so mushy I want to vomit, or she's screaming how Harry's much too young to do.. well anything! "Oh and by the way dear, it's a bit nippy, put on a sweater I made for you and go bang my daughter, you know you want to!"

Arthur's a fine character, not Minister of Magic material like everyone writes him as for some reason. Need to make a thread on this I think.

Percy - Male Hermione. Nuff said

Gred and Forge= kick ass.

I can think of many more reasons why Ron and Hermione are dieing in various graphic ways in my fic, but after reading (and LIKING much better then canon) fanfiction for so long, I don't want to quote fiction instead of canon, lol

3. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

I mainly hate them because of the fact that even tho He's faced Voldy more times than anyone in the order Mr/Mrs.Weasley treat him like a child instead of a young adult. I hate Ron cause he's a jealous prat, Hermione because of the fact that she believes so much on authority and places all her faith in books even tho books can change by the author's mood.

4. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

you've said everything perfectly MidKnight

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thnx that now i understand..but it could be that molly cares about him which is why she is so over protective of him..
    ron..the jealousy was always there underneth..but you dismiss what he said in the shrieking sack in PoA..

hermione..she is being to learn tht books and grade arent everything...

6. sorry tht was me before..i forgot to sign in before sending the message

7. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

I know that Ms. Weasley cares for Harry but sheltering and coddling him will not help the situation.

8. Midknight

I wouldn't mind it if she was alot lighter with the coddling ya know?

As she is written, I think given a choice between Harry and Ron, and can only save one, she'd choose Harry, lol.

She clearly favors him a bit in the canon books, and I think that is going to be an angle that comes up later on when more of Ron's jealousy begins to show.

Also, JKR is a sucker for cliches (best friend betrayor, boy-hero/savoir against evil demon, etc) that I see Ron being set up to be the one who betrays Harry in canon.

Everything she's written so far, the more major points anyway, have a reason to them.

There has to be more then just coincidence that Percy had Rat-Peter, and he betrayed the family, then Ron gets him...

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I dunno, I personally like the Weasley family, except for Percy. Heh, I know, against the norm, but whatever.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I dont MIND ron.. but i dun like him... after the GoF i keep getting the picture that hes just around harry for the fame and there is always an underlying jealousy that would prevent them from ever being friends on anything other than a friendly interaction basis and nothing like the best friend die for the other level some take it too... face it... rons a greedy fame seeking prat and hes not gonna throw himself in front of a fatal curse for harry but its not at the level some write him as..

Hermione... Mid got it first shot.. bossy stuck up im-better-than-everyone know it all bitch... a good disemboweling would do the girl a lot of good

Ginny? ive posted my opinion of the crossdresser elsewhere.. go find itii

Molly and arthur? .. i dont necessarily dislike the canon versions but these OoC fic versions that have them treating harry as an infant piss me off...

Percy.. *nods agreeingly with mid* male hermy..

Bill and charlie? dont like OR dislike them... we dont really know too much about them... one of JKR's shortcomings ... so very little detail on a LOT (sometihng on 90%) of the characters... even the OC Jorgis Kass and his family in my story Lost has more depth >__>

Gred and forge? very cool.. and a lot closer to the best-friend friendship with harry than ron ever with as little as they interact.. in my opinion anyway..i like them... two of the few characters i like besides tonks and a few others..

all together i think id probably like some of the characters i dispise if JKR would give more detail to their character and stuff

11. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

Tell it like it is Vash

12. Midknight

Fred and George I like because they are the only decent comic relief you get in a story that started out that disgustingly screamed "READ ME LITTLE CHILDREN!!!" and evolved into the much darker, more satifying world it's starting to become.

I wonder what it'd be like to pair Percy and Hermione... hmm think i'll use that. Fluffy + Percy + Hermione in a locked room, only one way out. Do Percy and Hermione stop arguing the correct wand motion on a certain spell long enough to escape? Or does their discussion on cauldron thickness lead them to becoming dinner for Fluffy?

And I can usually deal with whatever situation Arthur is in.. as long as he isn't written as a total wimp. The guy's obviously not too bright, if he's resisted movement up the ranks at MoM over the years since he likes his job, choosing to keep a job he likes and let his family live in poverty.

(Someone explain that to me?!?! Dumbles can conjur things, magic can easily fix things, why in the bloody HELL would an old pureblood family live like serfs, when magic could really have them living posh?)

Bill and Charlie I didn't bother to mention earlier, for the exact reason Vash said, we know crap all about them. They're more people just tossed in incase you need a body to do something later on (Crouches, Lestranges, Sirius, Remus etc were all introduced in a kinda of "mentioning way" like this, Maybe Bill and Charlie will be big in book 6/7) . I've generally liked them in canon alot, except when you pair Fleur with either one of them... it's the accent I guess that ruins it for me.

.. and not to get off topic, but while we're talking about character depth, WHAT the HELL is wrong with Luna?!?! It's like JKR had to introduce comic relief in the form of the almost crazy girl, since Fred and George left.

13. but what about in PoA in the shrieking shack when he stood infront of harry and told sirius if you want him, you'll have to get through us first, something like
    that, to me, shows that he is the kind of best friend that would throw himself infront of a fatal curse for harry...

luna...i think theres more to her then meets the eye....

14. Antivash

ok.. ill admite there might be a valid point there.. but somehow i still dont see it..

luna... luna... i think luna's mum just hit the crack pipe and too much LSD acid and xtacy while pregnant with luna...shes more than likely NOT super intelligent hiding it behind lunacy .. and she might not be entirely insane... but she is definitely ODD

15. Midknight

Thats the one example of brqavery and loyalty he's shown really. In Stone, he played the chess piece most likely to be lost and most likely to capture pieces other then the Queen itself. OF course he was going down.

without going into alot of canon examples (I've been awake 3 days now, lol brain is shutting down()

-Ron in GoF when Hermione got with Krum. (Jealousy mixed with cowardness since he was too much of a wuss to say he liked her)

-Ron all in GoF pretty much. And I find it hard to believe that Ron is the thing Harry would miss most. Unless JKR is having Harry swing for the other team, hell.

I think it comes down to either, hes Harrys friend simply b/c it stands him out from his brothers, but F + G stole that, Ginny did to an extent. He wants to be friends with a rich person. He wants to be friends with someone that doesn't know much about his family, so they don't immediatley think he's poor.

What it boils down to I guess, is it could be anything. But from my life and upbringing, and dealing with people similar to Ron almost nonstop, who only want to be friends for certain reasons, I'd stake money on him backstabbing Harry more.

BUT, you KNOW they'll make up, no matter what!

The people that own the HP movie and toy licenses wouldn't want to loose out million on Ron action figures noone buys if he goes dark, now would they?

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

You mean people buy Ron action figures? Wonders do never cease...

As for the Second Task...it really came down to process of elimination. Hermione was Krum's hostage, so it couldn't be her. The only girl Harry even bothered to notice the existence of at the time was Cho, and she was Diggory's hostage. The only other really viable candidate was Sirius, and he wasn't exactly a realistic option either.

17. Midknight

yeah funny enough they usually package Harry + Ron sets together at the Kay bee toystore and Wal mart over here, it's like they have to give away Ron, lol.

Hadn't thought that was about the Second Task, good point.

I do still have trouble accepting Ron is Harry's and Hermione is Krum's though.

Didn't Hermy and Vickie poo just meet earlier in the year? When I was 15 i couldn't remember a different girlfriends name from 2 weeks prior, much less have that much of an actraction ya know.

18. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

the do.. by himself Rom isn't all that popular.

19. Antivash

no.. hes not.. as for the dakr action figures... i guess you could compare him to shredder from TMNT (ive got like $600 worth of TMNT action figures) but ..well.. no... shredder is far cooler than ron so thats a bad example...

but anyway.. yeah... it seems there is a person in harry's generation for everyone in the previous generation..

im thnking ron will be harry's pettigrew

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hmm dunno about that, i mean yeah at one point i did think he would backstab harry..but i mean, people who are going to backstab other people dont generaly risk their lives, do they? say whatever you want about him but he has done that for harry..
    but then again i guess the say could be said about peter..i mean he did travel with a werewolf every month, knowing that he could b stepped on...not that that would be a bad thing..

luna..i think she acts odd as to stop people to stop, well getting close to her. she saw her mother die, when she was young something no child should never witness, her housemates hid all her stuff, with that kinda past and pesent your bound to have some sort of facade to hid yourself behind...

Not open for further replies.