1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Leadership by Meinos Kaen - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by whateveritis12, Jun 17, 2009.

1. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Title: Leadership
    Author: Meinos Kaen
    Rating: T
    Pairing: Unknown but it might be Naruto/fem!jinchuuriki or Ami
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 69,422
    Updated: Jun 9, 2011
    Published: Mar 16, 2009

Summary: Nine demons, nine Jinchuuriki, nine different destinies. Never meant to meet each other, never meant to interact and to change each other's destiny... The question is: what if they did? What if the nine Jinchuuriki met? Alternate Universe, No Yaoi

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4926899/1/Leadership

I'm on the fence with this story. It has a good concept behind it. The Yondaime Kazekage decides it's a good idea for the Jinchuuriki of the world to meet in order for them to not become mindless psychopaths that lose control of their demons and destroy their countries. Author takes liberty in the ages of Yugito and Kira to make them closer in age to Naruto.

I liked the story and am waiting for the next chapters. But I don't know if it's for everyone.

4/5

Checked by Minion, July. 28, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  2. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

If you read past chapter 1 you feel like killing yourself.

3. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Couldn't get past the first chapter. Author seems to write a million ideas, and the ones I like are never continued.

4. asa

asa First Year

Is the story even going anywhere? I'm trying to take the (totally unbelievable) premise of all those "caring" Kages and "lovey-huggy" Jinchuurikis with a grain of salt, but the execution still leaves much to be desired. Writing is far from stellar too.

5. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

That's the thing though, not all the Kage's are using this to strengthen ties between the countries. The Kazekage used it as an excuse to possibly put blame on another country for killing his child and get reperations. The Tsuchikage is using it as a possible source to get at Minato's child. The Mizukage doesn't give a shit about his two Jinchuuriki and is only going along with it because he doesn't want to lose face with the other kages. Only the Raikage and Sarutobi are actually shown caring about their jinchuuriki and since the oldest jinchuuriki outside of the two Rock ones is only 11 or 12 at the start it's going to be more sweet than angsty.

I think this is going to be a story of Naruto growing to be the leader he can be and his father was in Konoha and then thru the other Jinchuuriki, around the world. Something that the manga is heading towards, just without the Jinchuuriki.

I'm still giving it a 4/5 right now, but I don't think that it's going to get any good until Naruto becomes a genin and starts doing ninja duties.

Of course I knew this was going to be a niche story that a number of people could like, but meh.

6. asa

asa First Year

OK, I've tried to read up to the latest chapter. It's still difficult for me to believe an agreement like that can be reached between the Kages regardless of any ulterior agenda, but the potential deviations from canon make the story alert-worthy. I'd at least keep a lookout for future updates to see how things turn out.

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This was a decent read, although I had to suspend a lot of disbelief to enjoy it.

More importantly, Meinos Kaen just announced on the TFF boards that he is retiring from fanfiction to focus on his novels. So unfortunately, there will be no mas updates unless something changes.

3/5

8. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

There is no plot. There I said it.

9. asa

asa First Year

Hacked off at 3 chaps, we'd never know now anyway.

10. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Are this dude's novels any good?

11. Kensington

Considering that he hopes to release one in English in the future, fuck if I know.

His stories make for good light reading. Honestly, they kind of define average. They aren't bad, but they aren't great either. How much of that is due to English not being his native language is unknown, although I blame a lot of it on him using Naruto as a medium. Naruto crossovers simply don't compute in my opinion.

12. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

The fic was amusing enough for a time-killer. Can't respect him much for not being able to control his life enough to do fanfiction and take care of his RL responsibilities at the same time, though.

On another note, Kensington, i keep seeing your signature quoting chapter 7, but the link only has up to chapter 4, updated last almost a year ago now. Am I missing another source?

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Please put the fandom name in the title. Thank you.

14. Kensington

Lokesin: It's not released yet. I'm working on all my stories - albeit slowly. Thankfully - I've managed to refrain myself from starting anything new in the past few months - so after the Bar with a bit of luck I should be able to start pumping out chapters in August.