1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FFNet Admins: Gay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yarrgh!, Mar 9, 2006.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I was taking a look at FFNet today, and i clicked on some guy named nickcartersloverboy

Well, it turns out that he's an admin, apparently. He had some shit about "us admins not liking authors who instert song lyrics into their fics"

With a name like that, and the multitude of slash in his favorites list...maybe there is a reason why Hetero!Harry gets deleted.

Of course, he does have a bunch of straight!Harry stories, too, but still.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

What makes you think he's an admin?

He'd just quoted the message that admins had left few months ago (resulting in several authors withdrawing their stories from FFN completely) and called them I beleive "anally receptive" for that. To me, he seems like just another bloke bitching against nazi admins...

3. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I dunno...the way it came across, it sounded like he was talking about himself as an Admin.

Here...check it out:

Sure, the first few words make it sound like he's ripping on the admins, but the rest actually sounds he like means it. Maybe it's just a shitty attempt at humor.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Like I said, the rule about song lyrics is an actual rule, declared by admins several months ago. I beleive this guy is simply quoting it, NOT declaring it himself (it was published on the FFN home page).

There was a huge outcry on FFN against this decision and several authors decided to stop posting on FFN altogether - Jeconais being one of them. Check his profile - http://www.fanfiction.net/~jeconais - he's quoting that announcment too.

5. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Oh. Right.

Well, then, Admins, please feel free to delete this thread.

6. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

No no you may be on to something. Maybe Jeconais is a ff.net admin! It all makes sense now!

Okay maybe not. And why is it always FFnet admins are gay? If they're all the slash fans so many accuse them of, isn't that arguably an observation and reasonable guess? Not the insulting put-down you should be searching for. Like FFnet admins are republicans.

But if you want some admins, here's some test accounts I know site admins/developers have used.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/821740/
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/578106/
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3250/

Might be fun to submit abuse reports on them.

7. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    You know, those story look like they are written in Sryillic or however you spell it... That or ancient greek.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It's spelled Cyrllic, and that's because they were probably testing things as their titles suggest.

Not open for further replies.