1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wizarding drugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LINKed up, Mar 11, 2006.

1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I was wondering, do wizards have drugs like narcotics, barbituates, and hallucenogens? I mean, they would probably think themselves far above the use of muggle drugs, so would they make their own? I would think so, becuase how would they get a high besides using spells? Drugs. Probably something like magical forms of LSD, Marijuana, tobacco, slepping pills, shrooms, PCP, methanphetamine, etc. And before anyone starts to ask why I know all of this stuff, its because of health class.

2. True Story

True Story Third Year

Maybe some muggle drugs were originally wizard drugs.

3. LINKed up

Like what? Fairy dust? Wait, that could be how they got the names for things like Fairy Dust and Angel Dust...

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    if you want to get high, jsut cast a cheering charm over powered on yourself. Or a draught of Euphoria (mentioned in :hbp ) to send yourself sky high.

5. LINKed up

Thats lame.There's got to be something else that the Ministry can nail you for besides what we already know, and drug trafficking seems likely. Well, at least to me it does.

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

They have potions. What else do you need? Yet another useless topic...

7. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think the wizaridng version of drug trafficking is probably smuggling illegal or restricted potions ingredients and animal parts.

8. LINKed up

Well, true... I wonder if certain potion ingredients can be used as drugs...

Anyways, maybe certain potions, once put in a powdered form, could be used as the drugs and stuff, hmmm...

9. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

*Wags finger in admonishment*

Link! You're far too young to be thinking of such things!

Drugs are for...bad people! The bogeyman will get you of you even think about them!

j/k :p

10. david9

david9 Banned

Why is getting high legally considered lame? Unless you're one of those idiots who thinks shooting H is a cool way to rebel against your mean parents, I'd think that would be the obvious choice.

11. True Story

True Story Third Year

.....Did you just call him an idiot and a dope fiend?........

12. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

they just want you to think they dont do mugle drugs. how do you think the malfoys got so rich? they sold muggle drugs. why do you think dumbledore seems senile at times? its because he's always smoking weed. why do you think dobby's so hyper? its because he does speed all the time. they want to trick everyone into thinking that they despise muggle drugs and wouldn't dare tough them when in reality the wizarding world swims in muggle drugs. its they're main income. the weasleys are poor because they dont want to sell drugs like everyone else since the accountant cousin got hooked on them and was sent to a rehab for the rest of his life. percy left the weasley family because he was hooked on the drugs and his parents didn't approve. well i guess thats enough rambling for now

13. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Chronic, you deserve an award. Make one up for yourself.

Interesting take on wizarding families. You forgot one thing:

They HATE muggles.

Even the Weasleys...remember the first thing that Harry hears them say?

"Station's cluttered up with Muggles as usual"

14. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Most drugs are technically muggle medicine, and since Wizards are much farther along then Muggles with it, they dont need drugs.

For a wziard to get "high" just over use the Cheering charms. Drugs that involve snorting, shots or piles would be to barbaric for Wizards to use.

Plus the fact wizards dont like anything muggle. They dont even know what a computer or a TV is, let lone drugs.

/Myst

15. david9

david9 Banned

I wouldn't insult dope fiends by calling him one. Dope fiends need the drug to satisfy a chemical need. He wants do to drugs so he can rebel against his mommy and daddy.

16. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Now thats just being a little harsh to him. All he wants to know is how a wizard does drug's.

Why do you think Snape is always irritable, he's getting high off the fumes during his free period, and when he's teaching he can't get high. That would make any addict irritable. Poor Snape, can't get high :cry:

17. david9

david9 Banned

He said it'd be lame to use legal things like cheering charms/euphoria elixir, there should be something the ministry can bust you for...sounds like an idiot to me!

Snape is miserable because he used a time turner to go forward to 2006 and had to read a Severitus fic [​IMG]

18. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Time Turner's can only go backwards.

19. david9

david9 Banned

And the Hogsmeade visit is when everybody third year and above is let out, yet we never hear of it in books 1 and 2...It's Harry Potter, it doesn't have to make sense!

20. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I don't get this.

How can you state so calmly that Time-Turners don't go forwards? I think it's dumb to make a presumption like that when the books never said anything of the sort.

Same with something i read a while ago. One of stained future's bombs was the cliche "Harry's bro is BWL!!!1!11!!11!".

In that, stained wrote that his brother was marked by a scar left by crucio...and i thought that was a far better description than other fics of the same cliche. I'm sure Dumbles would ahve noticed that the scar radiated no dark magic at all.

In noe of the topics where they were blasting him, someone said something to the effect of "Crucio cant leave a scar...only the AK does"

What? Remember how Dumbels has a curse scar on his knee thats a perfect map of the London Underground? If he was hit with the AK to cause that curse, then Harry wouldn't be the only one to have survived it, now would he?