1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Books

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by scaryisntit, Jul 8, 2009.

1. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

As I'm sure we all know, James Marsters (most famous for being Spike in Buffy) is the voice for the audio books. I was surfing the net and randomly came upon a forum page that contains links to rapidshare uploads of the audio books. The two I've tried work, so that looks fine so far.

I've never listened to an audio book before so I can't comment on the quality of Marsters performance. Seems decent, I guess. But I'd prefer to read.

They be here.

Unrelated comment: The person who posted the links has a rather odd avatar. Yet I'm captivated by it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Does this count as "Warez" or whatever? I still haven't figured out quite what that means, but it was my impression that this was an example. If I'm right you aren't supposed to post this sort of thing, but eh. The sticky about Warez doesn't explain what it means so I could easily be wrong.

I have the first 2 audiobooks myself. Didn't listen to them until just this past weekend though, when I drove for about 16 hours. I've only listened to part of the first one, and it was good, but I don't think I'm cut out for Audiobooks. I get bored listening, then I get pissy if I was in traffic and missed a part, and then it doesn't go fast enough, etc. I kept swapping back to the radio after every chapter.

Marsters seemed to do a decent enough job though, even if he pronounced Marcone differently than I do in my head, but it was the first Audiobook I tried out so I don't know either.

3. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Well crap. I completely forgot about the 'warez' bit. ...I suppose I'll find out if I shouldn't have posted it when I can't access the site >_>

4. Kerrus

Kerrus DA Member

I 'read' small favour via audiobook, and it was pretty good. Actually was pretty damn cool because I put it on my MP3 player, listened to it while I was out of the house, or put it on as bgm while playing video games.

I'd recommend them- they're really snazzy. But they're also really bloody long, so to all you fast readers they might seem... to take a bloody long time. I know they did for me when I first got into them.

And yeah, you should definitely take that link down, and turn this into a general discussion topic.