1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The Life of Brian: A Super Harry Parody by Perspicacity - K+

Discussion in 'Humor' started by darklordmike, Jul 28, 2009.

1. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Title: The Life of Brian: A Super Harry Parody
    Author: Perspicacity
    Rating: K+
    Words: 4,074
    Published: June 6, 2009
    Category: Humor/Parody
    Summary: At the end of Harry's long life, he and Ginny say their final goodbyes. Her ghost fades into memory, her purpose accomplished, as Harry draws his final breath and prepares to meet her in the afterlife. Then something unexpected happens.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5116751/1/The_Life_of_Brian_A_Super_Harry_Parody

From DLP's own Perspicacity. I thought it was hilarious in WbA, and I still do. The adventures of Captain and General Awesome are....you guessed it, awesome.

In case you don't already know, I won't spoil the identity of General Awesome. It's not quite a crossover, but this is the first time I've seen this particular person make a cameo in an HP fic. Enjoy.

EDIT: Forgot to rate it. An enthusiastic 5/5. Chock full of cracktastic fun.

Checked by Minion, February 6, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

This was pretty funny, maybe not 5/5 though. It´s funny how OP rated 5/5 but the thread still has 4/5 stars. People really should post when they rate, just a few words at least.

Anyway, it was a decent amount of lol and i had a good time reading it though i will not run around naked on the streets screaming for people to check it out, so 4/5 it is!

3. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    The lack of reviews for this story may be because it was recently posted to WBA, where it was commented upon by several.

4. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

The story felt like this thing was trying to talk about every parody it can think of without fully fleshing out a joke.

As a parody, it is a what it needs to be. However as a story, even for laughs it wasn't the best. Part of that is that everyone knows of these cliches and we have heard the jokes in some form or an other. A good story but not amazing levels.

Also, Chuck Norris is not funny.

5. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

My favorite over-the-top moment is when a thousand Death Eaters inexplicably crowd the Department of Mysteries.

Then there’s the gratuitous name change.

6. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

I like this, gave me a few good laughs. I'm usually not one for parody fics, but the title prompted me to check it out, thinking it was a cross with Monty Python. It wasn't, but still funny.

That line is win.

4/5

7. Photon

Photon Order Member

Oneshot crackfics are usually hit or miss - and this one failed for me (unfunny, no real plot to compensate etc).

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure it's a parody as well as crack, and it manages to poke fun at a lot of stuff in a short span without being bad at all. 3.5/5 rounded to 4 because pers is the godking of physics.