1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stargate

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Skeletaure, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do any of you guys watch stargate? Or more specifically did you see the last episode of season 9 last night? I won't spoil it in case you havn't seen it yet but those of you that have seen it, I think will understand me when I say: Oh My God.

2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

The battle was awesome. I watch it two times. Just wow; and the music made it so much better. I thought I was going to die from all the suspense. I just kept moving closer and closer to the TV.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah...t'was cool, but slightly mean of them leaving it on such a cliffhanger, especially as they left Atlantis on a cliffy aswell, now we have to wait months for the next ones! Oh well, I'll just entertain myself in the meantime with thoughts of the Wraith and Ori meeting up and fighting it out...

4. Zevrillion

I was thinking about that. What if the wraith was created by the Ori as a means to kill Alterans? Maybe they can't take the life-force of an ascended being as well. Or they pledge undying love for each other with a marriage from hell; a Wraith Queen and an Ori prior.

5. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Zev, may I direct you to my stargatewars post, all my friends that are stargate fans seem to love it and I'm Stargate crazy, as my SN might suggest.
    link = http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=1833&highlight=stargatewars

About the other posts, someone really needs to write a humour fanfic about a wraith queen and an Ori prior, definitely a match made in hell, literally.

6. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

You're both lucky bastards, you know.
    I live in Australia and am a huge Stargate fan.......and while Channel Seven has bought the episodes, they haven't aired them yet and haven't given any inclination that they will. And accordding to different sources, they won't release the Boxset in Australia until its been aired on TV......

7. Zevrillion

Only the first season aired a couple of years ago in Sweden, but luckily the Ori uploaded the necessary files to my hard drive.

8. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

If you have a good internet connection, you can download almost any stargate episode from a torrent website (Edit by Zevrillion: Just use Google to find a torrent site.). There are at least a dozen good torrent websites out there. That's how I kept up with the Stargate episodes when I went to Australia for a semester.

9. Bungler

Bungler Guest

Zevrillion do they still air stargate in sweden and witch channel if they do?

10. Zevrillion

Don't think so, I think channel 3 aired it 2002 or something, but only season one.

11. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I've totally forgotten what happened in the last episode of SGA Season 2 and SG -1 Season 9 >_>

I'll have to download them again.

12. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I love Stargate, and own all the boxed sets. I haven't been watching season 9 though because I want to watch the entire season all in one go. I'll probably download the entire season soon.

13. Project Dark Overlord

Project Dark Overlord First Year

Both of the Stargate season finales were awesome. Still partial to SG1 though. Both Stargates, however, are promising an action-packed and exciting July start. I'm going to be counting on them to keep me entertained, since Battlestar Galactica starts up in October.

14. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Yea, I cant wait until SG-1 and Atlantis starts again. The Ori are easily the coolest villains ever :)

15. Lord Blackmore

Lord Blackmore First Year

It's one of my all-time favorites.
    Although the episodes shown in Belgium are seriously lagging behind. I looked up the future episodes on random fan sites and *shudders* wikipedia.
    Can't wait for the new season to air.

16. Project Dark Overlord

Both SG-1 and Atlantis's season premiers were great. Though I felt the events in Atlantis happened too fast. I really wasn't expecting them to handle things with the wraith ship as quickly as they did.

17. CGB

CGB Auror

You are lucky to live in the US. In Germany they waited until now to start Season 2 of SGA. And just Seasons 1-8 of SG:SG1 were shown already.

18. Project Dark Overlord

Wow, that is behind. Shall keep any spoilers to self. I can understand your irratation, since I have to wait with some anime series, etc. that haven't made it over the pacific yet.

19. Zevrillion

Thought the premiers were awesome. And the battle scenes were just wow. But the implementation of the retro virus is just so stupid. I hate humans, how can Sheppard and all the others condemn the wraiths to become humans, it's inhuman. And it’s scifi, not a transfiguration lesson with MacGonagall.

For those who want to read wraith fanfic; this story is great --> Warrior by Queen of the Red Skittle

20. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Anybody seen Stargate SG-1 Season Ten and Stargate Atlantis Season Three? I managed to snag a pair off Limewire and believe me, it was worth the bandwith restrictions that I got in return.

SPOILERS

10x01 is aboslutely great! I really think they do the aftermath of the battle well. Everybody just seems....stunned....that they lost so badly. Personally, I think Earth is screwed, even with Anartica outpost. I mean, an Ori Warship get's rammed at full speed by a Ha'tak and it doesn't even get a scratch!

And 3x01 has the best special effects I've ever seen on Stargate. If only Earth had a few more Ancient Warships....nothing would be able to stop them. I got a new favourite quote as well....

Ronan: "And why should I trust you?"
    Michael hands Ronan gun: "Because I'm trusting you."
    Michael turns away, Ronan activates gun and aims it at his back.
    Shepperd grabs Ronan's wrist: "Because I said so!"

I tell you what, I'm a little peeved about how the Orion was destroyed, but I thought' Ah well, they have a Hive Ship now.' and then that was destroyed! Can't they keep a goddam ship without blowing it up first? This includes both Series.....I mean, the lose Prometheus, the Korlev, the Orion, the Hive Ship....what do they have now? Odysess and Daedulus....one ship for each galaxy. Get cracking and build some more!