1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ponyo

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by RustyRed, Sep 5, 2009.

1. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Like it? Hate it? Haven't a clue what I'm talking about?

This is the latest film by Hayao Miyazaki, and (like a few of his films) is loosely based off a familiar story--in this case the Little Mermaid. It's been getting really strong reviews so far--I think on moviefone it received a 93 average for critic reviews, which is crazy.

I went and saw it last night (we were too late for the showing of Inglourious Basterds :( ) and... I thought it was weird. It was fascinating, to be sure, and watching the way they animate all these little mannerisms so realistically is neato. But for the first half I was just wondering what the point was and where it was all going, and then the second half I was yearning for some semblance of sense or normalcy.

One thing I gotta say, though, the art was fantastic. And Liam Neeson's character was SO creepy the whole time, hahaha. Anyone else see it?

2. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

3. EvilSkittles

EvilSkittles DA Member

It was a cute little movie but the ending credits song made my ears bleed. Yeah, Liam Neeson's character was really creepy.