View Full Version : Malignant Objects by Charlie -dashdot- Blue - M

razz
03-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Title: Malignant Objects
Author: Charlie -dashdot- Blue
Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Action/Adventure
Pairings: Multiple and Many
Summary: AU. Left in an orphanage, Harry Potter, unknown twin to the BoyWhoLived, was taken into an underground world of debauchery, hedonism and beauty. Meanwhile, the Dark Lord has risen, and the wizarding world lives in darkness, politics and powergames.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2817585/1/

WARNING: There is (and don't start screaming yet) slashy references. But that is, as of yet, mild. Despite this, yeah, I do think this it's an awesome read and I am recommending it. The mild!slash is balanced by some reasoning. Here's a review that might? explain:

Interesting. It's always fun to see something other than fics that are "rated K for kissing" and shit like that. The writing is well done, and the premise looks like it's going to be exciting. I always love the "Harry abandoned by his parents then comes back to bite them in the ass" fics.

My only concern is the slash bit. Not about it being in the story, it makes sense with the whole debauchery and what not, but I just wanna know if this is a slash fic or a story that *contains* slash in it. It makes sense that Harry, brought up in a world of hedenism, would fuck anything that was attractive regardless of age, sex, or race, but if this is a Harry becomes Draco's (or Lucious', or especially Snape's) boyfriend fic please lemme know now so I can get the fuck outa dodge. Otherwise, if this is a Harry bangs everybody and causes lotsa problems count me in. I can stand the slash as long as there's het to balance it out.

I asked the author a similar question and got the response:

…I feel I must tell you that this story will have both slash and het relationships majoring in it…

Go figure. Still, I'm sticking with it for now. It's a good fic so far, despite.

Mrriddler
03-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Pretty decent story, good detail, good content, but as razz mentioned has serious slash in the making. The slash is mild so far, yes, but this is a M rated story, with a theme in debauchery. So I wouldn't recommend anyone being blind as to what'll be coming.

TheIllusiveOne
03-19-2006, 05:46 PM
This story is a mess. There are so many sub plots and unexplained charactors it's impossible to find a decent story line anywhere.

Galleon
03-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Okay, I couldn't understand wtf was going with this story at all. They keep switching the scenes and characters that you can't even get what's going on...

razz
03-19-2006, 09:17 PM
As says the A/N in chapter two -

A few people have mentioned this is confusing. Keep in mind that this is the ‘prologue’ and so in the next chapter, the ‘jumping’ around of the plot will settle down onto one main storyline. Promise. (kisses)

Also, the story is meant to be a tad ‘oh-my-god-where-did-that-scene-come-from?’ right now. So for now, just read with the presumption that each scene will be seemingly unrelated (the whole story won’t be like that, just the beginning) (more kisses) don’t worry.

I like the disjointedness. It's interesting, giving a range of perspective's, and it's a good way to build up the premises, feed the readers what they need to know. It can be hard sometimes, when you're starting a fic in the middle of the story, to fill in within one prologue all that's taken place for however many years.

Also, I'd keep in mind that most authors do like to keep one or two things to themselves, to leave until a little later to completely explain. But, yeah, besides the slash…

Galleon
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh, I didn't see that there...but then again I tend to always just ignore the author notes and just read the story...Oops? :oops: Thanks for pointing that out.

razz
04-02-2006, 01:16 AM
The third chapter's up. It might be less confusing now?.. :D

Antivash
04-02-2006, 07:02 AM
*sigh*... i dont like that there is slash in it but ill read it until it gets graphic... i like it thus far though

Xiph0
04-07-2006, 04:11 AM
I dun care if it devolves into slashishness, because it'll likely be in raves/orgies, and it dun really matter then.

The fic was exceptional, love the plot idea, I've left it a good review.

razz
04-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Lol. It's a bit worrying, but, that A/N at the end - it gives me the impression that the author has nothing planned, and isn't too motivated.

Not only for the story’s sake, but I need to know how many people actually want me to continue...

Translation: I'm lazy and if you can't be fucked reviewing, I can't be fucked writing.

Right. Let's hope seventy? some reviews might sway that.

ip82
04-07-2006, 07:09 AM
This is kind of confusing at times, with too many pov changes and relatively stupid dopehead non-magic Harry. But I'll give her that her Voldemort is exceptional and general atmosphere pretty cool, so I'll keep following it if the bitch find 70 reviews/chapter satisfying enough and keep writing.

Rhea
04-07-2006, 10:06 AM
It's not a bad story. I agree that it is a bit confusing at times. And the way it's written...well, it reminds me of a movie. Not any movie in particular, just a movie. Especially the way those girls were described and the part where Harry killed those guys .

Sree
04-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Urgh. The author of this story...is a turd. I refuse to read it.

Timeline: I know it’s wrong, but that’s how I’m doing it.

The Boy-Who-Lived is born – 1988

Finishes his first year at Hogwarts – 2001

For some inane reason, the author decided to have Harry leave school when each of the books come out. So basically, he'll be in his fucking 20's by the time he graduates. And wth is he going to do in the two years between classes? Twiddle his fucking thumbs? Idiot! :x

Taure
04-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Um...I think you didn't understand what he was trying to get across Sree...he graduates Hogwarts later...but he is also born later, so he graduates at the normal ages, just everything is shifted 8 years forward.

Anyway, it's pointless, because he doesn't go to Hogwarts in this fic...

razz
04-19-2006, 03:36 AM
It's not a bad story. I agree that it is a bit confusing at times. And the way it's written...well, it reminds me of a movie. Not any movie in particular, just a movie. Especially the way those girls were described and the part where Harry killed those guys .

Yeah, I'm thinking like the Quentin Tarantino effect - namely 'Kill Bill' or 'Pulp Fiction' - with continuous change of perspectives and tense. Still, but, it's cool.

Xiph0
05-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Chapter 4's up, and.. except for the H/D part, pretty good.

Still among my top 5 WiP's to follow.

TheIllusiveOne
05-29-2006, 01:33 AM
I find this story so annoying.

Xiph0
05-29-2006, 01:58 AM
I find this story so annoying.

Then why continue to read?

TheIllusiveOne
05-29-2006, 02:28 AM
*shrugs* on the hopes it will get better. There are some aspects i could see myself enjoying if it was written differently, that's probably why i find it so annoying at the moment.

Taure
05-29-2006, 02:56 AM
The new chapter was good, but the interaction between Tobias and his birth parents worries me.

It looks to me like this fic is on course for everyone to get redeemed and be one big happy family...I'd much prefer it for Tobias to stay the way he is.

Also, there's quite a bit of angst towards the end of the chapter.

Despite that, it's still in my top 10 stories - at the moment.

razz
05-29-2006, 03:26 AM
I really liked the interatcion with his parents - I thought it was hilarious. The author seems to like darker Harry fics too (though, admitdly, slash), so hopefully it wont go to 'Brady Bunch' too soon. Also, the author mentioned health problems, so the fic might be getting faster updates from now on ... I hope.

Patrik f
05-31-2006, 01:09 PM
I like this story, I especially likes how Tobias is. I hope that the Order does manage to kidnap him but that he kills a few Order members :D

Also anyone know why he could use magic to get his parents to want him? It was rather amusing but would have been better if he had taken it even further.

razz
06-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Was updated again.

Harry's kinda ... feral. I think I like it.

Rhea
06-05-2006, 08:33 AM
I hate Snape. True, I hate him in almost every story but that's not the point. I have nothing against slash but I despise HP/SS (HP/DM as well) and this looks like it's going to be HP/SS. Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. It would be a pity if it turns out to be that pairing.
And I don't like the ending of this chapter. He was caught twice! And both times by Snape!

Fuegodefuerza
06-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Actually, the first time there was somebody behind Harry while Harry was poised to attack Snape who knocked Harry out. Anyways, I love this story. While this author may be a jerk, he is an excellent author, and his vocab, tone, characterization and overall atmosphere are spot-on in my opinion. However, I share you fear that this may turn out to be HP/SS, but I'll keep reading until it gets to that point.

As said before, this Voldemort is fantastic, even better than jbern's, IMHO, which is amazing, because jbern's Voldy is awesome. The whole air of...I can't find the right words, but it's like Harry and Voldy are...polished, and talk like royalty. That part is amazing in my mind.

I would give this story a 9/10.

Xiph0
06-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Just finished it and it was indeed excellent.

It looks like a sappy "Mom! Dad!, you are my parents!" kind of moment is coming, and I'll castrate Charlie if he does it.

Zero
06-05-2006, 03:38 PM
The author IS female. Read the A/N on the latest chapter.

The slash atmosphere is starting to be especially overpowering currently. (Obviously going to be HP/SS) And I also don't like how the author switches POVs most of the time. But otherwise it's still a pretty good fic atm.

Patrik f
06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
This story is just getting better and better, but it would be far better if Snape wouldent be thinking of how hot Tobias is all the time.

Yarrgh!
06-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I agree...its a good fic, but i'm slowly getting turned off of it.

Don't get me wrong...i love the way she writes in the film-noire fashion, and how she introduced the debauchery of this underground world so well.

What i hate is the angst that comes across, and the MASSIVE fucking crescendo that building. You KNOW this is going to end with Harry and Snape going at it like rabbits, and with her writing skill, she will make it INCREDIBLY graphic without it coming across as such.

When you build up a character so kick-ass, don't make him screw up like that. He didn't bring his guns? WTF? Balls...he's a fucking target, and an assassin, i doubt he would forget his guns just because of a good shag. And this velvety Snape is beginning to piss me off with his endless awesomeness. Snape is ugly, not some unbelievable ball of sexy man flesh with obsidian eyes...I really don't want to see this devolve into a formerly well written story that turned into a slashy fantasy.

I hate writing this...she writes so well, but this story will no longer appeal to me in the next few chapters. I don't want to see Harry get domesticated because he finds Snape's eyes or whatever interesting...i want to see more of this caged-animal ruthlessness. Fuck...in that hat scene, he killed those men because he thought a fucking lighter was a gun being pulled out. That was awesome...now, this will turn out as some "Harry Help!"

"Silence, bish, i'm not your son! Sevvie (puke) let me stare at your captivating eyes for a while, eh?"

Snape, incapable of walking like a normal human being, saunters over and the two of them eyefuck the shit out of each other while the debauchery continues in the background.

Dammit. I loved this story uintil Snape featured as this kickass intimidate/seduce/outright-mindfuck machine of manly goodness.

ip82
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Agree with Yarrgh, this story was barely keeping my interest before and it definitely lost me now. It's just too angsty and emo for my liking. Harry being an idiotic fag doesn't help too.

Amerision
06-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Harry is a fucking hitman.

Snape is skinny Potions Master who lives his live in the dungeons.

How did he get Harry twice?

Patrik f
06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Harry is a fucking hitman.

Snape is skinny Potions Master who lives his live in the dungeons.

How did he get Harry twice?

I have too agree, even if Snape could have taken harry the first time by suprice so should it not have been possible a second time with tobias being a skilled fighter...

Yarrgh!
06-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Even the first time...Haryr was so captivated by Snape's BLACK eyes that he didn't see the guy come at him from behind.

Now...WTF? I have met people with dark brown eyes...and i know for fucking certain that their eyes are NOT emotive at all. When you see a person with really dark eyes, their eyes look mostly blank...there isn't any SCOPE of being captivated by them. I have light hazel eyes, and only when i am VERY VERY pissed off can you tell (only by my eyes) that i'm angry. I don't like it, but with Harry's eyes, i like to imagine that he cna actually shoot 'cold' looks at people, etc with just his eyes and a blank expression.

This is just gay foreshadowing.

razz
06-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Just in case anyone's interested, I got a reply from a review today, thought I should share …

nope. not snarry. The story seems to give that impression so far to a lot of readers, only because Snape is the first character Tobias reacts a little out of the ordinary to.
Xox

So, it wont be Harry/Snape after all.

;)

Fuegodefuerza
06-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Hooray! *dances for joy*

That takes out one of the very few things in this story that I didn't like. Otherwise, this is an absolutely fantastic fic.

Lord Apophis
06-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I agree, it is a great story and the removal of Harry/Snape makes it all that much better. Hope it is updated soon.

Cervus
07-04-2006, 07:29 AM
I agree, it is a great story and the removal of Harry/Snape makes it all that much better. Hope it is updated soon.

Your wish has been fulfilled.

Lord Apophis
07-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I just read it and maybe I misunderstood something but what was the big deal with the ring? It should not be so easy for Dumbledore to find something to control Tobias with...

TheIllusiveOne
07-04-2006, 10:24 PM
It's just the authors excuse to get him to go to Hogwarts.

LT2000
07-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Because God forbid there ever be a story where he *GASP* doesn't go to fucking school. Seriously, this is a fun story, but this chapter kinda pissed me off. I hate seeing Harry being manipulated and controlled.

Antivash
07-05-2006, 06:11 AM
... Aside from the Ring annoying the shit out of me, i still find this story mildly entertaining. Slash, Snarry or otherwise. I mean WTF. This Harry Pwned on his own. Fucking idiot authors.

Fuegodefuerza
07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
This author should have just kept in on the same thread that (s)he had it going on. (S)he's really good at description, though...

Yarrgh!
07-06-2006, 04:15 AM
Heh...the short chapter was out of the blue.

I found it ridiculous that Dumbledore has such an easy way of controlling harry....its like it HAD to be that way so that Harry would be forced to stay at Hogwarts.

She's a great writer, so this is pretty irritating to me. She could have made up a brilliant way for him to stay, if that's what she was heading towards. This 'ring' seems like it will just be something that means a lot to Harry, and he'll be forced to stay at Hogwarts.

I'm happy that it won't be Snarry, but still...Snape's character is over to top, IMO. I don't like Snape, but I cna tolerate a powerful!Snape. This SNape just seems ridiculously OOC. He might be powerful in Canon, but he IS NOT this sexy, intriguing character. He is ugly and vindictive, a bitter person who's nature is reflected in his looks.

I'm still reading it, but each chapter makes the story less attractive to me. I LOVED this story when it came out...i left her an extremely positive review. Now...meh.

Fuegodefuerza
07-06-2006, 10:52 AM
I got the impression that the ring somehow blocked some painful memory, and Harry couldn't bear to remember, so he's gonna have to stay at Hogwarts until he gets the ring back...

Taure
07-06-2006, 03:44 PM
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them...

Thats what I think of the ring...it seems to hold some sort of dark power that darkens the soul and magic of the wearer, perhaps makes them more powerful...LotR crossover anyone?

This chapter was OK...I hate seeing Harry manipulated but I feel that I can be confidant in the fact that he will be victorious in the end...and it will be all the more sweet for it.

As for Snape...personally, I didn't notice him much lol. Oh well...

Lord Apophis
07-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Even if Harry is forced to stay at Hogwarts so could he at least kill Snape to get rid of him :) It would also show the Order that they cant control him even if they have his ring that he for some reason needs.

Raijin
07-10-2006, 11:25 PM
The ring bit was horrible for me. Especially with such a big change in Harry. I'm ignoring the next five chapters and then check what you guys say.

Fuegodefuerza
08-01-2006, 11:07 AM
She revamped the latest chapter, adding a few scenes and describing what the ring represented much better. I think that she made it a lot better than it had been, so check out ch. 11.

Lord Apophis
08-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I really hope that Harry will not be as passive and weak as he was in the latest chapter in the future. Other then that so was the latest chapter OK even if I still does not like the idea of the ring.

Yarrgh!
08-02-2006, 10:09 AM
even if I still does not like the idea of the ring

What are you, a fucking House-Elf?

Taure
10-28-2006, 05:15 PM
The story has (finally) been updated.

The beginning of the chapter was quite slashy, but I find myself not minding, and the whole chapter reminded me why this is one of my top stories - beautifully written with a great atmosphere and characterisation.

Alot more about the magic system and the ring is explained in this chapter thankfully, and I'm quite pleased by it.

Still 5/5 for me.

Fuegodefuerza
10-29-2006, 10:13 AM
5/5.

Overall, a fantastically written chapter that, as Taure says, maintains the high standards for atmosphere and characterization. Charlie is such an incredible writer, that it's not even funny.

The beginning was almost vomit-inducing, but the rest more than makes up for it. (S)He bounces back from what I view as a mistake to write one of his/her better chapters.

(Gender identification?)

Amerision
10-29-2006, 12:06 PM
4/5

While I recognize that the author is a fantastic writer, I can't help but think she's some sort of closet pedophile. Every single child is regarded as beautiful in some innocently sexual way.

I just can't see how little five year olds are beautiful, twelve year olds having "...wanton slutiness...", and fourteen year olds who can make vampires go wild.

She's a Tolkien in the making though, and even more dramatic. Sometimes it goes over the top.

But when it did, when Harry spoke, it was not with the explosive power of a wizard provoked to blind rage, but cold, cold like a blast of fiery ice whistling from the depths of an ebony chasm.

I can't help but chuckle at these.

Still, it's enjoyable. I only wish the author would be more equal in showing Harry's bisexuality. Most of the detail has gone toward the slash.

Brooklynight
01-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Awesome store. This is easily the best slash story that I have read. It has none of the fan girl fluff that we all hate in it. No matter how much you hate slash this story is a worthy read. The plot's great. a bid frustrating at the moment while we await Harry's return to his bad ass state.

This fic probably has the best description of criminal Harry I have ever read.
5/5

Andro
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Holy shit, I was looked Kalistar's favorite list and found this at the top. It just updated: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2817585/10/Malignant_Objects

What I think the author does best is how he/she weaves the atmosphere. The slash got overbearing at times and I feel it's not being balanced by het, and I really don't like how Harry's independence was stripped from him, but it's a good story nevertheless.

yak
10-28-2007, 08:13 PM
The Big Bad is Back, baby!

After many chapters of emotional-cripple Harry, he appears to be his old self again. We'll have to wait for the next chapter for the author to show him off good and proper though.

The slash got overbearing at times and I feel it's not being balanced by het, and I really don't like how Harry's independence was stripped from him, but it's a good story nevertheless.
TehGayButtsecks doesn't worry me much at all, because we never see Harry lusting after another man. But yeah, I want to see him getting nasty with the wominz too.

Harry's independence started to come back when the Lady and her Wolves stormed Hogwarts several chapters ago.

It is a good story.

Yak

Darius
11-30-2007, 02:03 AM
This was an awesome story. Sure there was some assfucking between men but I pretty much was able to ignore it. It didn't bother me in the slightest, so slash romance. Just skip over the slash and you don't miss much significant.

5/5

The Virus
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
It was good until the author wrote about Harry getting ass pounded by a room of faggoty death eaters. Just a little too far out there for my tastes. If you can get by that, then you can enjoy this fic.

yak
11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Harry was a prisoner being tortured and raped by his captors (male and female). It had a very important role to play in Harry's evolution as a character... especially seeing as it lead to Harry becoming his bad old self again.

Memory King
05-11-2008, 06:29 PM
This fic has just gone down the deep end.

I respected this author for the masterful writing skills, even if he managed to wash most of the HP-ness from the story. Lost track of it a long time ago, always intended to wait for more material before getting into it again.

Turning it into a HP/LV totally decimated my interest, however. Definitely not going to waste any of my precious time on this.

Not gonna rate, only know of this development because the summary was updated.

Korisovra
05-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I saw the thread and tried to read it without checking the reviews. I made it through the first few chapters before Alt+F4'ing the fuck out of it. I'll give it a 3.5/5 up to that point and a finger for the rest of it.

Orm Embar
05-15-2008, 07:41 PM
It's written well, I'll give it that. The virtues stop there. The author made Harry into a bisexual sex god, and created an stuish OC, an underground leader known only to the readers as "The Lady". It's twisted to the point of not really resembling an HP fanfic and it contains slash. Frankly, I'm surprised it's up here.

3/5 for good writing but a plot made almost entirely of failure and AIDS.

Cxjenious
05-15-2008, 09:59 PM
I still like this story, "malebonding" aside. Not very Harry Potter... more like Revelations on too much LSD, but hey, it's good shit.

4/5

Taure
05-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Eh, I'm sure I've read this latest chapter before. Is it toast?

Either way, this fic is sliding into fail due to extreme lack of anything happening other than a lot of posturing.

Richard
05-19-2008, 05:11 PM
I quit reading after Dumbledore had control of him. Fucking pussy Harry after this. Not even worth the time. I give it a 2. It's below average.

yak
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
I quit reading after Dumbledore had control of him. Fucking pussy Harry after this. Not even worth the time. I give it a 2. It's below average.

It was pretty obvious that that was only going to be a temporary state of affairs, and it was. It was done for character growth reasons. Struggling against and overcoming adversity.