1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Escape To The Movies : HBP

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ZombieHunter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    He was right about many things, mostly the fact that Potter fans will see the movie while people who are not, won't no matter what anyone will say about it.

Personally I think this is the best Potter movie yet. When I go into a Potter Movie, and I only went to see the First, Fifth and now the Sixth, I only look for an entertaining time in the theater. After the first movie all delusions of sticking exactly to the book were pretty much destroyed so I didn't hold it to the same standard as I did to the books.

As far as entertaining me goes, this movie did a really great job. I laughed often, I liked the actors, (except the girl who plays Ginny, can you act any more wooden?), the mood came over right and for the most part it stuck to the story, leaving a few things out which didn't really hurt the movie and added a few things which were actually good.

Prime example would be Luna (really liked the way she was portrayed in the movies) finding Harry through her crazy glasses and actually proving the existence of Wrackspurts which was ingenious.

An added scene which sucked was the fight at the borrow where Harry was basically lured out by Bellatrix who stuck out her tongue and yelled "nanananana, you can't catch me!" and Harry followed as if he was a dumb grade schooler.

The romance, while a bit overwhelming didn't actually disturb me much, since we saw the movie from Harry's perspective and it was only logical that he didn't know what Malfoy and the Death Eaters were up to, wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

The lacking battle at the end didn't disturb me at all, it wasn't needed. Nothing in the battle had big consequences for the following story in book 7. Bill's scarring may be inconvenient but hardly important for the plot.

The scene with Dumbledore's death on the other hand could have been handled better, I have no idea why they simply didn't roll with the book version since Harry incapable of moving was just more believable then Harry standing there like and idiot and watching Snape killing Dumbledore.

So in the end, I liked this movie, if I have to rate it the same way we rate stories here, I would give it 4/5 then as far as Harry Potter movies go, this was the best up to date.