1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Buy which monitor?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Nuhuh, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I need to run graphics intensive software, and need a lot of window space to work in so I can move around several windows.

I was going to go the HDTV route but while $700 TVs are not bad, they are still out of my reach.

I would like 24" plus screen in as best resolution/colors/pixel pitch I can find.

A likely candidate I found is 23" Samsung 2046X1152

It is smaller than the size I am looking for but has a higher resolution.

Any of you who work with graphics software have an opinion one way or another if Higher Res can compensate for lesser window space?

Otherwise, any of you have recommendations for something else?

If I had a grand to blow this would be such an easy decision.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Higher Res is okay, but nothing beats having more window space to work with. Especially when coupled with higher resolution.

Only thing I can suggest was the ones from last night. The Vizio 32 inch, and I suppose they have a 24 inch.

I use two 32 inch Visio's for my desktop and laptop screen when I'm at the house, as well as I have a 50 inch Samsung. They're all good televisions. I can't remember the refresh rates off the top of my head, but I think the Samsung is 3-5 ms, and the Vizios are the same thing. I've noticed no lack of quality, and no lag in pixels or anything.

Hope it helps.

3. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I picked up two of these: 22" Acer X223Wbd for not much more than the Samsung you linked and they give me a lot of screen real estate, although I don't know if the resolution (1680x1050) meets your requirements.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. se7en

se7en Professor

www.hardforums.com is a great resource that could really help you out. There is a section that deals with monitors, but there is also a section where you can find hot deals on random electronics. I buy a lot of my electronics through the great deals they provide.