1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Micro SD Card Help

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Syrosaka, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Syrosaka

Syrosaka Fifth Year

I use my phone as an mp3 player, with an 8gb micro SD card. On the way to Chicago, I accidentally formatted the card, erasing everything. Everything. That, in its self, is not a problem. However, I can't save anything to the card from my phone now, or load it from the computer and run it on my phone. Can someone tell me why, and how to fix it?

2. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So does your computer not recognize the card at all, or does it just not work on your phone? Try formatting with your computer if possible...

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Formatting your computer is a bit drastic, how about checking to see if your card is set to read only. ... Does the Micro cards have those little switches on them like the larger ones?

4. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rofl, I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything about formatting his computer's hard drive.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I'm pretty high right now, as well as when I read that, so it came out as something different in my brain. So sorry.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Did the card come with the phone or did you buy it separately? If you bought it separately, it might be FAT32 vs NTFS like Mid said. But sometimes a company makes it so the phone only recognizes the music/videos/pictures when put in specific, separate folders that it recognizes.

You can still put stuff on the card, correct? The phone just doesn't see it?

8. Syrosaka

Syrosaka Fifth Year

I bought the card separately. And yes, I can put files on it from the computer, but the phone won't pull them up. I've been told to format it on the computer, instead of on the phone.

My cousin, who works with motorola designing their software, is coming over tomorrow, so I can probably rope him into looking at it. If all else fails, I'm just returning it, and saying it didn't work.

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Same exact thing happened when I went to format my 16gb micro SD for my DS. Windows 7 defaulted to formatting it as NTFS due to the size of it. The computer could use it just fine. The DS, and my phone, both refused to see anything on it.

10. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That happens to me at least twice or three times a week. I'll be blazing and say something backasswards, or misread something because a word catches my eye....