1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Scott, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Looking for all the good Evangelion fics out there. I've read most of the ones that were reccomended in the library + a few other and am currently reading Children of an Elder God which is great.

Anyways, I'm not looking for anything where Shinji suddenly gets a backbone, gets superstrong or goes badass evil, preferably something that sticks to canon characterization.

Romance is fine. Slash is not.

2. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

4. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

http://www.thekeep.org/~rpm/eva/coaeg.html
    Will check out.

5. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

i love the warhammer one been following it for a while now but the retake never saw it and WOW i love it LOL

6. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Aeon Natum Engel (DLP link) - A very nice Elseworld. A cross between Evangelion and Cthulhutech, which in itself is an cross between anime and Cthulhu Mythos. In one of the reviews it was stated that: "It is Children of an Elder God turned RPG". It is solid written but IMO the author sometimes goes too much into technobable.

Taking Sights - A story with a nice twist on the usual time travel after Third Impact scenario. Instead of Shinji or any other of the Children, it is Gendo Ikari that is sent back. And he tries to un-make all his plans and scenarios. It has a very good writing and the characters are believable.

Changing Seasons - A long fic with Shinji/Hikari romance starting with scene in the sixth tome of manga. Good writing.

Hot Rain - Romance/Smute fic with Shinji/Hikari pairing. Nicely written, nothing special, but still is a nice read.