1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How would Voldemort actually conquer the world?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've been wondering about this for a while and havn't really come up with an answer.

You see alot of fanfictions where death eaters attack Hogsmeade or Diagon alley or whatever, but how exactly does that help?

I've looked through the books and all there are are references to seemingly pointless killings (Amelia Bones anyone? Yes she was a powerful witch, but what did killing her actually achieve?)and "taking over".

I find it ironic that Voldemort would have been much more succesful at taking over Wizarding Britain had he entered the ministry after school. He probably would be minister by now. The same way it's ironic that he will actually have lived longer (assuming that he will die in book 7) had he let himself age normally.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    He was a power hungry fool and wasn't satisfied with just living long he wanted to be immortal, hence his search for immortality.

As for not just entering the ministry right after school, once again his obsession for power kicked in and he thought that the only way to acheive what he wanted was the Dark Arts, meaning he had to go abroad.

3. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I don"t think that Amelia Bones' death was pointless. Afterall, she was the head of the DMLE, and therefore, she was the one that had the most authroity over the Aurors, apart from the minister. For her to be in that position, she would have to be highly competent, so it would make sense for Voldemort having her killed, even doing it himself. If Riddle, and this is a big if, ever decided to launch a frontal assault on the Ministry building, she would be the one person who would most likely have the ability to slow their progress down at the least, if not stop them completely and force them back.

Now, with the whole thing of attacking Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, I think that they would do that, but not in the way that is described in countless fan fictions. The Death Eaters are gurellia fighters, moving through the shadows to achieve their goals. I think that before any attack takes place, there would be a handful of DEs waiting throughout the alley, and on a certain signal, either given by one of them, or at a set time, they would duck into deserted back alleys, change into their Death Eater outfits, come back into the main alley, fire off a dozen-or-so curses, maybe kill one or two people, and then bugger off. Their goal is to incite fear in the hearts and minds of the greater population. I think the whole 'letting loose Trolls and Giants into Diagon Alley' thing is completely illogical. The Death Eaters need clothes too, you know. but seriously, the DEs want to create a nation of people fearful for their lives, not a nation of corpses.

As for Voldemort having a better shot of taking over Wizarding Britain by going through the Ministry; he never wanted to conquer anything. his main goal was to achieve imortality, after he conqueres death, then he would probably plan for global domination. I highly doubt that Tommie-boy would have had the patience to legally climb the ranks within the Ministry, had he gone in there. I suspect that several of his superiors would have most likely fallen victim to 'accidents', which would have allowed ol' Snake-face to slither his way up to the top.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Not only does it inspire fear, as Dark Jedi said but it also proves that the people aren't going to be safe just because you might be a wife shopping, or children with their firends. It can aslo show how incompetent the Ministry is in protecting the citizens.

Amelia Bones help as much power as the Minister as they are in a time of "war". She was also, a supporter of Dumbledore, one with actual power willing to do what it wakes to get it done. So, since it was obvious she wont join him, next best thing was to kill her. Also it, once again, shows how even the Head of the DMLE isn't safe, whats to say normal people will.

P.S love your sig Dark Jedi :)

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

If you read HBP you'll know Tom Riddle had no money and had to find a job quick. That's probably why he went to Borgin's. By the time he left school he'd already created one or two of his Horcruxes so he was already aiming to live forever, his main goal at the time. He wanted to rid the world of 'dirty blood' but his imortality would have come first.

Diagon Alley is the largest magical shopping 'complex' in the British Isles and Hogsmeade is the biggest magical village in Europe, what better places to attack and strike fear into peoples hearts? Hogwarts and the Ministry maybe, but other than them two...

Bones was important and was killed, simple as that. Maybe he was just getting rid of some loose ends from the first war? He'd already killed Susan's mum and dad, might as well make sure the rest of the Bones' are accounted for... though he did miss Susan, stupid mistake if you ask me. He killed alot of other families in the first war too, even a few personally without sending his Death Eaters, all apart of Dumbledore's little Order.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Voldemort rule the whole world? Never...He could however take Europe and maybe Asia but after that he would just fall from lack of control. Now my history could by wrong but I don't think anyone has yet taken the whole off Europe and Asia as an empire...As for attacking the cities...Its mearly to show some of his power and to leave the rest to them to exaggerate about.

7. Lord Nemesis Black

Lord Nemesis Black Fourth Year

I have to agree with Dark Jedi Knight about Voldemort haveing to kill off Amelia Bones, While at the same time i have slightly disagree with Dark Syaoran about her sideing with Dumbledore, while i don't think that she agree'd with him about alot of things she also didn't fight with him about many others as well. I mean they were on the same side after all with haveing to fight Voldemort and fighting the coruption than has been running rammpant throughout the ministry.

Now as far as Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade go, I don't hink that Voldemort would be stupid enough to try and pull off a full-frontal assualt on either of those two place's. Like Dark Jedi Knight said The DE's are fighting more like a band of gurellia fighter's and in their twisted mind's, they are fighting for the beliefs and way of life for the "Pure-bloded wizards". While they maybe more prone to useing the dark arts than 90 percent of the wizarding population, that doesn't stop other from being able to combat them on their on turf, I.E. The Order of the Phoneix.

8. Dark Lord Rostam

9. Lord Nemesis Black

Humble's before Dark Lord Rostam,

My sincere apoligies my Good Sir, For my mistake in miss qouteing Dark Syaoran instead of you. :lol:

10. Dark Lord Rostam

Tis alright Lord Nemisis Black, I humbly accept your apologies. :p

11. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

Thank you. It's basically what I would like to do to all of the steaming piles of panda faeces that are the majority Harry/Ginny stories that are stinking up the 'net; and Ginslut herself, musn't forget that. *scribbles reminder into the 'Notepad of Doom' TM*

12. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I agree that taking out Amelia Bones was in the best interest for Voldy. What ever her stance concerning Dumbledore she was one of the few incorruptible and, more importantly, effective ministry officials around. That said since I disregard HPB as a book I don't acknowledge her death.

I also don’t believe that Voldy wants to take over the world. He wants power, first and immortality. Plus he not stupid enough to make a frontal assault on the any place. One thing we seem to take for granted is that the wizarding wars seem to be more like small skirmishes of say 30 people rather than battles involving hundreds of people. In that case we can’t apply the same tactics and theories that we muggles are so used to. For one they don’t cause as much property damage and two, they are more along the lines of ‘running’ battles of fast moving individuals. In such cases conquest isn’t a main factor of victory, because you don’t have enough people to hold land and fight the enemy at the same time. Victory goes to whoever defeats the entire enemy forces or achieves a certain goal. Take for instance DoM. For Voldy to win he had to get the prophecy, but he lost because he was unable to do so. If this wasn’t the case then Voldy death the first time would not have ended the war.

13. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

I'ts speculated that the reason Vold killed off Ameila Bones is because he found out about the missing Horocrux, the diary. He killed Ameila probably because of other reasons listed above, but i think Vold made a horocrux from Bones' death, fudge said he did it in person. There is an article at mugglenet.com in spinners end which is pretty in depth and has convinced me.

14. Dark Lord Rostam

If he were to make a Horcrux from her death just because it was in person, then he would have many more then 7 since many of the important deaths were by him in person. Examples are the Prewett's(sp?) the other Bone's members and if Im not mistaken he also killed the McKinnons himself. It says in the First book he killed them personally.

15. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Where exactly does the first book say that? Because I have the fifth book open and it says.

As you can see only with the person in bold is it said that Voldemort killed them personally. So unless the first book has conflicting information that I don't know about your statement is wrong.

16. Dark Lord Rostam

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone U.S version pages 55-56

17. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

Yeah, but he is aiming to have 7 horocruxes including the portion of himself. What I said, and the theory says, is once Vold found out about the destroyed diary, he sends Lucious's son on a suicide mission as revenge,(kill dumbldore), and replaces the missing horcrux with a new one to equal 7, his goal number, which resulted in him coming out of the woodwork to kill Bones. I never said vold was going on a horocrux spree read my original msg.

18. Dark Lord Rostam

good theory, but there's also the matter of his other Horcrux that Dumble's destroyed, he would have to replace that too. I've blocked pretty much the whole book out of my mind, but im pretty sure Bones was the only one he killed personally so who else is he going to subsitute.

You're also assuming Lucius told him that he royally fucked up and practically destroyed the Horcrux himself. His a Slytherin, Dammit they've got some self preservation.

19. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

I'm not assuming anything in book6 we know Vold knows the Diary is missing, which is the whole reason why he makes draco kill dumble expecting him to fail, reveng against imprisoned Lucius, He then REPLACES the missing horocrux with the death of Amelia (theory). While, Dumble is running around getting info on horocrux locations. Voldemort doesn't know that Harry and Dumby are looking for his soul peices and that Dumby found the Gaunt's ring as stated in the book.

I read the book the day it came out I feel like you need to reread as you might have forgotten the key plot points.

Check out the theory at mugglenet.com at spinners end it is all explained there in better detail.

20. Lord Nemesis Black

If I'm not mistaken HBP never said anything about Voldy knowing that the diary was destroyed and the was the reason that he sent Draco to kill Dumbles. I was thinking that Voldy sent Draco cause of his Father's failure at the ministry

EDIT: Slashy your assumeing that Voldy knows that Harry and Dumbles know anything about him haveing created the horocruxes in the first place. Plus even if Voldy does know that the "good" guys know about them, your assumeing another ponit that he would just go ahead and create more, instead of figureing out if the ones he has already created are still there and intact, as well as moveing them to a new hiding place, more protective spells and other things to hid them even more than what they were.