1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Enter the Dragon by Doghead Thirteen - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Palver, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Title: Enter the Dragon
    Author: Doghead Thirteen
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Adventure
    DLP Category: Humor
    Pairing: None
    Words: 41,653
    Published: December 16, 2009

Summary: It began with a quirk of timing. It continued because dragons, such as what 8-year-old Harry Potter just turned into, are large and difficult to control and have an appetite that won't stop. Fortunate for everyone except Fudge he's a nice kid, eh?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5585493/1/Enter_the_Dragon

Shadowrun crossover.

The most amusing fic I've read for some time. 8 year old Harry in the freak accident turned into a hatchling Greater Dragon from Shadowrun. Maybe a bit too much Snape, but otherwise the fic is great.

4.5/5

Checked by Minion, July 26, 2013
    Apparently it is intended to be the first chapter of a longer fic and ends with Harry boarding the Hogwarts Express.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  2. QuixoticStoic

QuixoticStoic First Year

I really enjoyed this story.

5 stars.

3. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

I have been following it on CaerAzkaban and do love it... though Harry still seems very young and I do think he should catch up a little on the MENTALage department.

5/5.

4. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

As far as humour stories go, this one is great.
    Although you'd think that having the memory of his and knowing all the things he read in the books Harry would have well developed vocabulary, yet time and time again he is obvious to soma basic words. He read an encyclopedia when he was eight ffs.
    Besides that, awesome.
    5/5

5. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Looking pretty good.

4/5 due to some very minor annoyances, and the fact that the story can still crash and burn very easily and quickly.

6. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

It amused me greatly. My biggest gripe is the same with every one of the authors stories; it seems to be a Technology > Magic wank. Like Memory King said, it could still crash easily too.

3/5

7. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mmh, by Doghead Thirteen? He's certainly a pretty unique athor. And oh, looks like Harry didn't get buttraped as a child in this fic! Yay!

>_> I concur that the child-speak to force humour got old really fast. Still, it was quite amusing.

4/5

8. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

As for Muggle Wank, I mentioned something about guns in my review, and got this as a reply.
    So I'm not too worried, as long as magic eventually wins the raise

9. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

It's cute, and even Snape is entertaining in this fic. It should be quite a humorous curbstomp when Voldemort shows up. My only complaint is the length of the chapter. 40k words?! Break that shit up.

4/5

10. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

My only complaint is that damned accent he keeps trying to write for McGonagall. Other than that good chapter even if it was crazy long.

11. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Remember that Calum is a Scot, and therefore has a far better feel of said accent than most of us would. Hell, he can probably distinguish between 20-25 distinct brogues. (That said, I'd prefer it if everything were just written in straight English.)

I've also been following it on CA, and eagerly await each new chapter--his work's always quite refreshing, well-researched, and witty. 5/5 from me.

12. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

4/5 That was a really fun read. The poor vocabs for someone so well read is unbelievable. I'm guessing it's the author's way to express the naivety of an eight year old. Typing out the accents as they sound was kinda of funny at first but got old and annoying pretty quick.On a side note, this fic reminds me of "Big Red" where Naruto got changed to the body of Kyuubi.

13. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

I found it pretty humorous in parts, but the length really detracted from the overall story. To be honest, I skimmed a few parts due to boring gun and train discussions, which I feel could have been shortened.

The dialogue needs a little work, like making Harry sound his age. He doesn't even need to sound like an academic, just not like a five year old. Also the repetitive phrases by Snape are unnecessary. One more 'dratted reptile' is going to seriously irritate me.

3/5

14. Vegemeister

Vegemeister Seventh Year

This is one of the greatest fics I've read in quite a while. Snape the revolutionary is brilliant.

5/5

15. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It's a fun read. The length doesn't bother me; I actually prefer long chapters to short ones.

4/5 for now.

16. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Word. Long chapters don't bother me.

I seem to always enjoy the author's HP crossovers. He gets enthusiastic about weaponry and mechanized transportation of all kinds, and I'm okay with that. Really, if one is feeling too impatient to read a tl/dr section of train schematics, they can skim to the next part.

I'm patiently awaiting updates to Harry Johnson and the Deathtrap Girl, or Book of Dobby, in a pinch.

17. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

This story is highly entertaining, and I do enjoy the long chapter length, but I will also agree that the uber!Harry in this story doesn't seem to be maturing at all, despite a perfect memory, libraries full of books, and the little fact that all of the people he knows are adults.

Right now I'm finding myself hoping that the story accelerates a bit.

"Hagrid, do you think they taste more like chicken, or more like horse?"

"Oh, erm, I dunno abou' tha' Harry, but mebbe' yeh shoul' be lettin' another studen' have a go? Buckbeak seems a bit spooked a' ya, he does."

18. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Thing needs to be 50% smaller and then it will be an epic chapter. Problem now is that it is way too long and boring with random crap. Also some character changes are strange... (2.0195 *(1.02^1.01))/5 but rounded to 3.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  19. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

You round 2,06 to 3?

20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I've programmed on microchips that did the equivalent in base-2 (IBM Cell processors for negative number rounding mode).

Regarding the story: nice catch, definitely worth reading.