1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Temptations of a Dark Soul by Amerision - T

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark Syaoran, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: Temptations of a Dark Soul
    Author: Amerision
    Catagory: Action/Adventure/Drama
    Pairings: None as of yet
    Chapters: 8
    Words: 63,183
    Updated: August 14, 2008
    Published: March 10, 2006

Summary: The possession at the Ministry leaves Harry closer to the Dark Lord than ever before. Harry readies himself to vanquish his sworn foe, but can he resist the allure of the Dark and the temptations of a dark soul?

My Summary: It only has two chapters but I find this extremely good so far.

Pretty much, during OotP when Voldemort tries to take over Harry, I guess a apart of himself stayed with him and now he is getting visions of Riddle's past. Okay, not overly original but it's a good idea and done well in this case.

He hasnt turned straight away, it is happening... not slowly but it is taking time. He's already done several things he wouldnt have before, mostly by accident.

I really only placed it here because it says its Independent Harry even though it looks as if he'll become pretty dark. The author said something about not knowing yet if Harry will go completely off the deep end.

Link: FanFiction.Net

Checked by Minion, Nov. 24, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is quite good - a new and original slant on an old plot bunny.
    Reading the authors bio he definatly sounds as if he would fit in here - I sent him a PM a few days ago but no reply as of yet.

3. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

Wow! That was really good, even though there is only two chapters at the moment. That is going to be a very good story if it keep traveling in the direction it is currently headed. I can't wait for the next update.

4. Lord Nemesis Black

Lord Nemesis Black Fourth Year

A very nice start like, Dark Syaoran said,
    But other than not not bad, I think I'll wait till a few more chapters are out before i really make a judgement about this story.

5. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

I like the story but the German just hurts.... Well I´ll send him the right ones and hope that he uses them.

6. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

I like it, very very much. I'm waiting with putting it in my favourits for at least one more chapter, though.

7. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah it is a good start, but when i read the german part i know, that was google or altavista but no human.

So i want to read more of this.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The German doesnt bother me because I cant understand it, so yeah, no problems for me.

9. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I really liked this fic, after reading it a few days ago on FicWad.

As i said in my review to him, i like the way he has done it. THe idea of getting Voldemort's knowledge isn't new, but the way he uses it is nice.

Harry gradually turning...being overwhelmed by Voldemort's memories is VERY nice. I haven't ever seen a fic that had it go that way before.

It, of course, makes perfect sense, which is why it suprises me that noone tried to use this before. 70-75 years of Voldemort's memories, full of hate and anger would easily overpower 16 years of Harry's memories. Eventually, Harry would either fashion himself a new name, or he would actually think he was Voldemort.

I wanted to use this idea in Chimera, but i desisted because 1) it is far from original, and 2) what i mentioned above.

Great story, and i'm eager to see more.

I'll post the FicWad link here...he might have some things in it that were edited out from FFNet.

Link to chapter menu: http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=11919

10. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

I already sent him the correct translations and I think he´ll edit it soon. I also invited him over so I wouldnt be suprised if we had a new member pretty soon ^^

11. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Quite true

Quite true...

Thanks for the praise!

Chapter 3 will be called Identity. Yarrgh got it pretty well...

Now, off to type.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I think you'll fit in well here, most of us like the same things.

I know Sree is going to give me shit over that avatar though. Heh, its good.

Can't wait for the third chapter. :D

13. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Amazing, I love how Harry is acting and that he's not going to an instand evil super dude, but how it's going to take time. I also love how you show Voldemort as not some freaking psycho who loves to kill, but that he had actual trouble seeing the helpless Vella but went through anyways.

I hope that you do have Ron and Hermy leave Harry, BUT for a VALID reason not some "UR TOO SMART, NOT FAIR." shit or "u get everything boo fucking hoo."

Also, while I like Neville for this story something is saying that Neville won't fit for Harry and be an "ally" like it or not, you can't change him to the Dark his torture of his parent's might be a turnoff....now if he doesn't KNOW hes evil that's another story.... :twisted:

14. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Indeed this has promise, i certainly hope to see more of it soon as the lacking of readable fics out there is diminishing to that of discusting slash and horad Harry/loose slut. I like how you've gone and made the transion slow rather then automatically sending Harry on a killing spree, as well as the slow intake of new knowledge that seems to be happening.

Dont rush it what ever you do, keep it up to the standard and pace it is now and you'll find lots of love here, oh and welcome aboard the vessel of darkness Amerision.

15. Amerision

heh...

You guys are good, you know that? I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. Read my mind...

On the pace, I was thinking of Harry letting go his "inner Tom" once in a while. He really won't be in control in these situations. I was thinking of this happening in chapter 4, is this too fast? Expect a major blood bath. And I mean, really bad. Like so bad, that even if it was deatheaters, he'll go on trial for it. A trial scene would be nice, but that would be taking it a bit too far, wouldn't it? I was counting on Harry using some law from Tom to get himself off on some trivial loophole. Oh, and don't worry, he will not know all the spells he has in "Tom Mode" for a while at least.

Any ideas for pairings? This will not be a ship story, however. Harry is too good for one woman. Also he will be a bit too sociopathic to give any love. Expect many one night stands. Painful ones at that.

Torture/Sex scene with Bella anyone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dumbledore steepled his hands and looked over his half-moon glasses at his pupil.

"Harry, you do know that is illegal, correct?"

Harry arched an eyebrow.

"So is operating a class five armed militia."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Great Story so far, I want to read more.

A Sex Scene with Bella + Torture = Great Story^^

So do both in the Story why? Thats on you :p

17. Dark Lord Rostam

Hmm torture sex scene...Hopefully a few Vampires have it with him as well....I hear they have high pain tolerance ;)

18. Amerision

I'm gonna make full use of the vampiric charm in this one :)

harry is going to do some rituals or something to increase hsi strenth to keep up with the vamps tho. I dont like Submissive Harry.

19. Dark Lord Rostam

YAY no Submissive-bugger-me please Harry.

It woul also be great if you could make use of some of the lesser known peons of Hogwarts form all the Houses, excluding Gryff since them seem to be breaking from Harry. With your talent I think you can pull it off.

20. Amerision

What do you think of a resort? Harry gets a resort to get away from the simpleton Griffs.

House? I would go for Slytherin, and then bring out a new Slytherin. Malfoy is just a face, the real Slytherin is deeper, with councils, alliances, and stuff like that.

Thanks for the Praise. Its this kinda stuff that keeps me going.

Forward that to my English teacher. I'm borderline in High School English right now...:)