1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Dying Embers by Kalistar - Star Wars - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Skeletaure, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: HP & The Dying Embers
    Author: Kalistar
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 28
    Words: 172,492
    Updated: December 27, 2006
    Published: March 27, 2006

Summary: AU Star Wars Crossover. Harry Potter was attacked by Voldemort, however, his parents were not home and he was taken fromhis home and Earth by an old Jedi to grow up as Revan a powerful and influential Jedi. Follow as Harry descends into darkness and struggles to redeem himself. Dark!Harry eventual SithLord!Harry
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2861773/1/

Checked by Minion, Dec. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
  2. Silke

Silke Second Year

The story was originally made by Slytherin2005(The Dying Embers)
    i thought Kalistar was just copying word for word before i read through Slytherins profile.

Thanks for the link i lost this some time ago and couldn't find it again.
    Will have to read through it again but it was pretty decent if i remember correctly.

3. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

pretty good but has a few wording errors. An example of this is 'my master over the Force' I believe it should be mastery. Most errors are minor. Nice pick Taure, It'll keep me entertained for a bit.

EDIT by parselmaster I forgot to mention this but This Fic seems mostly original for now, does anyone know when the author will include the HP-verse, if at all?

4. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I read it before it got deleted the first time. It was an alright fic. Harry as Revan is something that I can dig 8)

5. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

This is on my top five list of active fics right now. Plus, I do believe the author is a good updater. Worth the read even if you don’t know jack shit about SW.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is really brilliant fic. Raven's character is superb, with lots of power and tactical brilliance, but also the right touches of angst and romance. Plot was very interesting so far, but we'll see how will he handle Raven's return to Earth in the next chapter (he managed to screw up his previous HP/WoT crossover by butchered the importance of the wizarding world).

The only fault for now is at times choppy writting style and "patched together in 5 minutes" feeling this fic leaves. The author often refers to events that had never happened (or introduces them as lame half-flashbacks) or changes character histories in mid stride. I guess that's a consequence of coppying much of the plot from another fic. I hope things will clear up once he moves the plot to Potterverse.

7. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

star wars fics

Over all I thought this fic was pretty good but I was kind of annoyed with this because of the way it was written. In parts like the mandalorian wars it was very long and descriptive but in other parts like his childhood and when Malak betrayed him i thought it was very rushed.

8. Korrosive

Korrosive Backtraced

I loved this fic however drawn out it may be, however with the addition of the newly posted chapters by the new author, there is a noticeable decline in chapter length and density. Still the same drawn out writing style just in much shorter chapters.

9. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I liked this fic.
    The Characterisation of Revan is really good in my opinion.

Hope to see more of this fic

10. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

There is a new chapter, and the HP universe is introduced. It is pretty good except that it seems like Bastila and Harry went from trying to kill each other to fighting along side each other.

11. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Bastila

You do have a point but you also have to look at it from the point of that they are on an "foreign" world that is apparently consumed by darkness if they want to survive then they have no real choice but to work together but I still do agree with you that it was a little rushed

12. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    It seems like in the last chapter that he's going to go from Coo Badass Sith Ruler to I'm sorry I'll change to the light and only use the Evil Dark when needed.

13. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

Reven (Harry) was always doing what he felt was right even when killing billions of innocent people. Reven was afraid of the True Sith that he saw out side of the Outer Rim, so afraid that he is not willing to allow the Senate to govern a war with them because he know for a fact that they would be crushed.

So what does are genius hero do…decides to take over the universe so they actually stand a fighting chance. Thus he has always been doing what he has felt has been 'right.'

Plus if you guys know SW at all it explains again and again how the Dark side of the force can manipulate people into doing things they normally would never even dream of. Ex. Reven killing billions of innocent people and writing it off as ok as long as he makes the universe stronger in the end.

Another thing that is explained in SW is that sometimes (I was never really sure what sets it off) the dark side of the force will just up and abandon someone, allowing them to truly see there own actions. (Something that is off in this fic though is that when the Dark Side leaves someone it basically leaves them powerless, they would have to relearn the Jedi way to use the force again…)

Another thing that isn’t explained really well in this fic is that Reven and Bastilla are in love and would never truly be able to kill the other one.

14. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

The wait for the next chapter with HK-47 is killing me! HK-47 is the coolest.
    Also the descriptions of using his powers is quite mediocre. "He let the force fill him making his movements faster" I can only here that so many times. Or "He used force choke on such&such" That totally takes down the excitement level from 5 to 3. He doesn't use much description for the force powers.

15. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

This is easily the best star wars crossover out there. I like that both revan and Bastilla are both planning on converting eachother, Revan wants Bastilla to join him on the dark side while Bastilla wants Revan to become a Grey Jedi I think the name is, (A Jedi that use both the dark and light side of the Force but is still good.)

16. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

One of the best thing in this AU is the time , the autor set in in the KnotoR realm and not in the movie timeline , that's a massive plus.

17. Excelent Star Wars/Harry Potter crossover. One of the better ones if only because it doesn't all take place in the Star Wars universe, like most of the other crossovers out there. Decent writing style, and fairly decent chapter length. I don't quite like that Harry/Revan retains all his memories though, but then again, I'm a fan of the amnesiatic Revan we first meet in KotOR. HK-47 was pretty cool in this latest chapter, but I don't feel that the author quite did him justice.

As for the force powers issue brought up...your right, he doesn't really use many powers, which kind of sucks since there are alot of really cool force powers that don't revolve around Lightning and Choke...those two are just the most common because of Palpatine and Vader. Darkside powerwise, Fear and Drain Life are really the coolest IMHO...Fear because it creates an opening for a character to turn down the Dark Path, and Drain Life...well, thats just cooler than choking someone or hitting them with lightning.

18. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

I liked the story while it was set in the Star Wars universe. Now that we're back in the HP-verse it feels a lot like the Wheel of Time crossover by the same author. It always turns out that wherever Harry has been people have mad l33t sk1llz that wizards can't begin to comprehend, let alone counteract. I feel like it isn't much of a crossover when the characters from one universe just beat the snot out of the characters from the other.

19. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I like that the force users are so much more skilled then wizards and witches because it has not so much to do with power as it is about skill and knowledge. Any wizard or witch that is trained in the use of the force at a young age can also master such skills.

20. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

kotor is one of my favorite games. the fact the element of harry potter is mixed in makes it even better.