PDA

View Full Version : [Complete] The 'Broken' series by LittleChicago - T - Dresden Files

ParseltonguePhoenix
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Title: Broken Mirror
Author: LittleChicago
Genre: Supernatural/Adventure
Pairing: None
Chapters: 7
Words: 23,200
Updated: October 23, 2009
Published: October 9, 2009
Summary: Harry gets a phone call, post Turn Coat... and sets off on a rescue mission.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5430338/1/Broken_Mirror

First in the series, well written. One of the best Dresden fics I've seen--and it was pretty popular here in Dresden WbA. Murphy, Molly, Kincaid, and the Jade Court add up to fun for the reader.

Title: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Genre: Supernatural/Time Travel
Chapters: 11
Words: 39,617
Updated: January 14, 2010
Published: November 3, 2009
Summary: A follow up to Broken Mirror. Harry's old teacher is in town... for a reunion, of sorts.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5486623/1/Wrong_Place_Wrong_Time

Second in the series, and, imo, better than the first. McCoy and a 'Black Council' mystery make this pretty good--as does the fanfic return of a character most DLPers love. Also well received in Dresden WbA.

Title: Broken Spirit
Genre: Supernatural
Words: 42,515
Updated: March 26, 2010
Published: February 7, 2010
Summary: Third in the 'Broken' series, Harry must deal with the consequences of 'Wrong Place, Wrong Time', as well as begin to move against the one behind the Black Council...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5726141/1/Broken_Spirit

Third fic in the series, in which Dresden deals with fallout and lands in awkward situations. Pretty damn good so far.

Title: Broken Chains
Words: 59,257
Updated: July 14, 2010
Published: April 21, 2010
Summary:Fourth in the Broken series, Harry is about to discover the Black Council is coming for him, so he needs to gather his allies. But first, he has a new case...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5913401/1/Broken_Chains

Title: Broken Circle
Chapters: 24
Words: 150,474
Updated: November 11, 2012
Published: September 26, 2010
Summary: Fifth and final chapter in the Broken series. Harry's life has changed, but one thing stays the same: the Black Council - The Circle - still have plans, and Harry's still standing in the way. But he won't stand alone. It all comes down to this...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6354786/1/Broken-Circle

All that said, I know this series is pretty well followed and liked here, but I felt it deserved to be in the Library. 5/5 from me.

Checked by Minion, January 5, 2013
Added the last installment of the series.

sincostan
02-27-2010, 04:05 PM
LittleChicago has posted some or all of these here, and they've been extremely well-received.

Innomine
02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
5/5 by me as well.

I actually cannot remember a lot of this, so I am going to go and reread them.

All I remember is that these were 5/5 material.

KrzaQ
02-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Excellent reading material. As I said before, had I not known it was fanfiction I'd easily accept it as original Butcher's work. Writing style is very similar, if not indistinguishable (at least for me), writing quality is superb, plot is well-thought and captivating. I'm not sure I can say anything more.

A definite must-read for anyone who read DF books. Easy 5/5 from me.

Aekiel
02-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Holy Shit. I just got done reading chapter 5 of Broken Spirit and... Damn. Just, Damn.

5/5 for all three of them.

CheddarTrek
02-27-2010, 09:30 PM
5/5 for sure, some of the best Dresden Fanfic out there.

Krogan
02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Been reading this myself and I had no clue the third one was out and may I say damn, I mean damn, this is fucking epic work, I think Krazq said it fairly well when he said that if I didn't specifically know that this was fanfiction I would have easily bought it being Butchers work. I just finished the last chapter of his latest installment and I am beyond impressed.

Freelancer
02-27-2010, 11:03 PM
The best Dresden File fanfic that is not a crossover with anything else.

Solid 5/5 from me.

Luda
03-01-2010, 07:47 AM
5/5

LittleChicago's works are indistinguishable from Butcher's writing style.

Sol
03-01-2010, 10:05 AM
5/5

LittleChicago's works are indistinguishable from Butcher's writing style.

That's an exaggeration, but no a gross one. So far: Broken Mirror: 4/5 for a few hiccups in Dresden's characterization, and Kincaid being off his kilter. Broken Record: 5/5 much improved characterization all around. I didn't really like the Black Hall, as the whole place out of time thing has been done to death, but all around very well done. I'll rate Broken Spirit when it's finished.

CheddarTrek
03-01-2010, 03:53 PM
My original rating was based on the first 2 stories. I just went and read through what's been uploaded of the 3rd.

I just had to post again to say one thing -- if Bob's reason for avoiding Mab in canon is any less epic than the one in this fanfic, I'm actually going to be disappointed. I mean, damn, that's an awesome reason. Kick ass LittleChicago.

LittleChicago
03-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Sweet Jebus, I go on midnights for one weekend... and I come back feelin' the love.

Thanks to all; Sol, I appreciate the feedback. Rest assured, the Black Hall has a purpose, later on... Harry just hasn't figured it out yet.

I'll get the third one uploaded here in a few days - I think it only right I wait until after we've all read the first chapter of Changes.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, 'Broken Record' is the correct title for the second story - I just started publishing before I figured out that there was going to be more than two in this series.

I suppose I should also mention that finding out who Maeve's father is was the small reveal. Harry still has to find Aurora's father, and that should be more fun.

Antivash
03-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I suppose I should also mention that finding out who Maeve's father is was the small reveal. Harry still has to find Aurora's father, and that should be more fun.

Title changed in the OP.

Also two things;

One: Wouldn't it be surprising and clawesome if Aurora and Meave shared a father and the reason she hated Mab/Maeve was that he ditched Titania for Mab? :awesome

Two: When the hell did you get a dick?! I could have sworn you were female.

NightFox
03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
5/5.

Stories like these are the reason I began to read fanfiction to begin with. They provide a strong parallelism to the source work, offer inventive spins on the original material, and are not so far-fetched as to warrant the label of folly. I strongly recommend his work to any Dresden fan, as this is the best substitution you're likely to find.

My few pet peeves have mostly been addressed (the parenthetical wise-cracks), and the only criticisms I have left are that some of the characters are slightly off at points (Marcone, Kincaid), in ways that make them a little too soft and revealing.

LittleChicago
03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
When the hell did you get a dick?! I could have sworn you were female.

I.... I honest to Gods do not know how to respond to that. My instinct says 'snark', but I know you can outsnark me at a hundred paces, so I guess I'm just going to leave it alone.

Ragon
03-04-2010, 07:50 PM
This just gets better and better. Seriously it does.

ParseltonguePhoenix
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Ragon summed it up pretty well. Chapters 5 and 6 have upped the stakes considerably.

ParseltonguePhoenix
03-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Update. Chapter 7 is up on FFN.

Ragon
03-18-2010, 01:45 AM
In no way shape or form did I see that coming.

Chapter 8 is up on ff.net by the way.

Jeram
03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty decent SURPRISE!

KrzaQ
03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Updated again, and... Holy shit, I just can't wait to see chapter 10!

Innomine
03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
^ I'm with this guy.

Seriously, this just really fucking awesome. I really do hope you have plans for another 'book' after this one. Doesn't have to be a follow on from this one, if you don't want it to be, but then again, it would be more than cool if it was. Just something along the same lines of quality.

Brown
03-31-2010, 09:33 AM
These are really, really good. I especially like the tight plotting, with zero filler or wasted words. The time-travel is handled very well, and everyone's in character.

4.5/5

JWH
04-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Wow. I'd read Broken Mirror a while ago and greatly enjoyed it, and you certainly didn't dissapoint with the two follow-ups, LittleChicago. Hopefully there'll be a fourth story soon :)

Thanks for giving me my post-Changes Dresden fanfic fix.

5/5, of course. Definitely the best strictly Dresden fic I've read.

pdo91
04-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Broken Chains (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5913401/1/)

New story, fuck yeah.

Innomine
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I fucking love this shit.

Want more.

Going into praises about your work is unnecessary, as I am pretty sure that everything that could be said, has been said in this thread previously.

JWH
04-21-2010, 06:33 PM
/orgasm.

Glad Elaine showed up, I was disappointed when she didn't in Changes.

Ragon
04-22-2010, 12:52 AM
/orgasm.

Glad Elaine showed up, I was dissapointed when she didn't in Changes.

Agree 100%.

So Molly is missing, Thomas is back to his old self, the office has been blown to hell, Council has gone to hell, and best of all Elaine is back. HELL YES!!

Jon
04-22-2010, 02:08 AM
* Added Chains to first post

Innomine
04-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Has this been posted over at the Jim Butcher forums? I'd be curious as to see the reaction that they get there.

LittleChicago
04-22-2010, 09:23 AM
From what I understand, fic-love is a little lacking on the official boards. Once the series is done, I'm tempted to post them, just to see.

'Course, if my guide notes are any indication, that'll be a while. For the first story, I had 6 pages of notes, second one had 8, third one had 11. For this one, I have 7. But I took some time last week to plot out the fifth (and final) story as well... it has 18. I think I may have gone overboard.

The only thing about 'Chnages that really bugged me was the lack of discussion and explanation to do with Thomas. The end of Turn Coat made it seem like he'd changed, permanently, then he shows up and just acts like he always did. As a reader, I needed a better explanation.

And I miss Elaine.

Innomine
04-22-2010, 07:49 PM
18 pages is all good man! All good!

What do we need to do, to get you to write faster? And maintain quality. :P

Zarent
04-23-2010, 10:03 AM
The only thing about 'Chnages that really bugged me was the lack of discussion and explanation to do with Thomas. The end of Turn Coat made it seem like he'd changed, permanently, then he shows up and just acts like he always did. As a reader, I needed a better explanation.

And I miss Elaine.

We all miss Elaine. I personally would like for her to be a main character in the books [maybe one that takes the place of Murphy]. She has a lot more depth of character and backstory, it seems, and I personally like her characterization a fucking lot more.

SUBTLE NUDGE OF KEEP HER IN / SWITCH PAIRINGS.

J22
04-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Elaine's like the Angel to Dresden's Buffy.

My God, that may have been the nerdiest thing I've ever... typed.

Innomine
04-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Eh, I don't get that feeling at all J22.

Though it definitely was a pretty fucking nerdy idea.

Midknight
04-25-2010, 01:18 AM
It's been ages since I read fanfiction. This series is fast paced, good for quicker reading, pretty damned good.

Ragon
04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Updated. Murphy and Elaine need to have a cat fight over Dresden.

Aekiel
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Outsiders. Fuck.

JWH
04-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Updated. Murphy and Elaine need to have a cat fight over Dresden. And Elaine needs to win

Fix'd.

Awesome, as is par for the course with you, LC.

Ragon
04-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Outsiders. Fuck.

I got more of a Denarian vibe.

Fiat
04-27-2010, 02:33 AM
I got more of a Denarian vibe.same here.

Ragon
05-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Updated.

So now we have Thomas, Murphy, Elaine, Mouse, the Alphas, a bunch of mercenaries, and Dresden in Undertown? I like it. Maybe Kincaid will show up leading the mercenaries.

Innomine
05-02-2010, 02:23 AM
This should be fun. I also like the inclusion of the Denarians.

Jon
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM
This should be fun. I also like the inclusion of the Denarians.

..I don't, atleast not currently. If he does something awesome with them I will be pleased. If I can see it coming a mile away.

One thing that I got annoyed, was that Lash claimed them to be Denarians, when the second set of eyes were not apparent to the people who saw them. Kinda makes it failboat.

I doubt this was a plothole and was just LC trying to get a little tension going.

Didn't really work.

Aekiel
05-17-2010, 07:51 PM
LittleChicago. You are a complete and utter bastard. Cliff hangers are not cool man! Not cool at all!

Still, that chapter was epic in the extreme and I'm looking forward to what Harry and Deirdre's soulgaze is going to produce. I'd place some drawbacks on Harry using magic to enhance his body though, seems like that sort of thing would have serious drawbacks on his skeletal and musculature system, since we're generally not built to be able to wrap steel bars in to a pretzel and no matter the magic, there's still going to be physical effects from that.

Secondly, the Bugaboo is awesome, and seems like something you could really use in future stories/scenes. All in all, an awesome chapter.

KrzaQ
05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't, atleast not currently. If he does something awesome with them I will be pleased. If I can see it coming a mile away. That was a complete surprise for me, and awesome too. I loved today's update.

Scrib
05-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Dammit, I hope Thomas weilding Esperacchius wasn't foreshadowing, there's a theory going round the interwebz that Thomas will be the next Knight. Unfortunately there's only one problem with that :I find Sanya far more likeable than Thomas. Fuck that shit, White Coirt vampires have enough advantages.

Ragon
06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Updated.

More later

JWH
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I kinda love you, dude. No homo

Hope you're not teasing us with the Elaine, though.

Also, picked that up in passing :

When I opened them again, I was on my back, my shredded shirt had been replaced,

I parted the shredded remains of my shirt, and looked at the same spot.

LittleChicago
06-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Dammit...

First and second drafts =/= mix. Off to edit...

ParseltonguePhoenix
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Pretty nice. I like the Elaine, too. Mostly because Molly isn't around and I'm not a Harry/Murphy fan, but still.

Also, the only further editing I saw is where you forgot to use the article 'a' a couple of times. Sorry, I'm rushing off, so I won't point them out at the moment.

This is definitely still hitting all the 5/5 marks.

Innomine
06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
As excellent as ever.

Keep it coming.

Scrib
06-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Dammit, I hope Thomas weilding Esperacchius wasn't foreshadowing, there's a theory going round the interwebz that Thomas will be the next Knight. Unfortunately there's only one problem with that :I find Sanya far more likeable than Thomas. Fuck that shit, White Coirt vampires have enough advantages.

Sometimes I hate being right...

Datakim
06-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Sometimes I hate being right...

It was a bit odd that Thomas used Esperacchius. While there is a theory about Thomas getting a sword, it is generally not Esperacchius but rather Amoracchius. Amoracchius is the sword of love and love is connected to the Raith vampires. Thomas is also one of the very very few White vampires apparently capable of feeling love(Justine). And finally there is that mention where Mab himself says that since Thomas is in love, he is mortal enough to be a knight. Ofcourse Mab meant Winter Knight but her phrasing fits quite well for a Knight of the Cross wielding the sword of love.

Some have even suggested that Amoracchius might be able to kill the phage demon inside Thomas and turn him mortal, allowing him to be with Justine. Not sure I would like that too much though.

Scrib
06-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Apparently Thomas prefers a saber. So obviously that means that (in the eyes of some fans) Sanya has to fucking die or be written out of the show. It's not like he can y'know diversify or learn new shit.

Besides I've always seen the Knights as a purely human affair, not sure why. And regardless of how he acts at a particular time Thomas is a ways off. And I mean human in a more biological sense, before someone jumps on me with the Terminator logic.

Jon
06-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Maybe I skimmed it, but did we get told what coin Deirdre tried to give Dresden?

I'll be cheering if it was Andurial. <_<

Scrib
06-08-2010, 12:06 AM
It can't be, Nicoeemus still has Anduriel, according to God he's still alive. Makes sense, considering the number of times he's mentioned in changes for no reason.

Datakim
06-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Apparently Thomas prefers a saber. So obviously that means that (in the eyes of some fans) Sanya has to fucking die or be written out of the show. It's not like he can y'know diversify or learn new shit.

Agreed. Thomas could easily learn to use another style. Heck, odds are Thomas is already atleast somewhat proficient with swords of other styles. Given the life he leads, he would want to be prepared.

Another reason for Sanya dying (in canon) that has been suggested is so that Harry will get all three swords. It has been suggested that he could use them to power up some magic ritual or somesuch.

Personally though, I think Sanya is great and I want him to hang around for quite a while.

Besides I've always seen the Knights as a purely human affair, not sure why. And regardless of how he acts at a particular time Thomas is a ways off. And I mean human in a more biological sense, before someone jumps on me with the Terminator logic.

Well, The White Court is a bit strange case in that strictly speaking they are living humans with souls, just humans that are "possessed" by a demon that influences their behaviour. It is actually curious that if you think about it, in some ways they Whites are closer to Denarians than they are to the other vampire-types.

But as I said, it has been suggested that Thomas would/could be turned mortal by Amoracchius. While I don't really support that idea, it is possible in theory. We know that love is capable of killing the White Demon permanently (Inari) and as has been said, Amoracchius is the sword of love. Taking up the sword willingly might have faith power sufficient to turn Thomas mortal, freeing him from the hunger and allowing him to be with Justine. And ofcourse in this case he would be a purely mortal knight. He would also have to learn to live without the vampiric powerboosts which I admit would be somewhat interesting I guess.

It can't be, Nicoeemus still has Anduriel, according to God he's still alive. Makes sense, considering the number of times he's mentioned in changes for no reason.

Does the author of this story know this? It has not yet been written in the books and while Butcher did confirm that Nicodemus is alive (and scared of Harry!), it is not exactly common knowledge.

LittleChicago
06-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Shit, let's ask him.

Yes, it seems he is aware of this particular Word of God... interesting.

Datakim
06-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Shit, let's ask him.

Yes, it seems he is aware of this particular Word of God... interesting.

Err. Right. Ofcourse. Silly me.

Great story! Keep up the good work! :D

Vesvius
06-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I thought that Thomas picking up Esperacchius was nothing but foreshadowing to him picking up Amorachius. After all, the sword responds to him, but he says it doesn't feel quite right, so he won't take it up. I took that to mean that he'll wield a sword, but not that one.

Scrib
06-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Sanya just said that Esperacchius chose Thomas...

Innomine
06-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Well, he's holding a dif sword in the new chapters. :P

Ie, it's been updated, it's good. Some really interesting developments, to do with the sanctum invocations.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

ParseltonguePhoenix
06-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Very nicely done on chapters 7 & 8, LC. Especially the ending segment of Ch. 8. There's something really awesome about the visual you used. Only complaint I have is that there isn't more.

JWH
06-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Oh man, you brought back Elaine, Lash and Nicodemus
You're awesome.

Moar.

ParseltonguePhoenix
06-30-2010, 07:45 PM
It's Been Updated.

Aekiel
07-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Congratulations LittleChicago, you have joined enembee on my very exclusive list of guys I would have the babies of after that most totally awesome fight scene. I just can't explain how epic it was seeing how that turned out, and how it makes me feel all warm and fangirl-like just thinking about it.

Seriously, Harry tapping into the leyline was something I want to see a movie made about. Unaided flight? 30 seconds worth of power. Controlling the magnetosphere of the planet to make you look like Jesus? A drop off a cliff. Completely and utterly owning a Fallen Angel in a human body by tossing him through a forest? Priceless. There's nothing you can't do with Demonreach.

As a side note, would you be willing to write a short omake of this scene from someone else's point of view? It seems like the kind of thing that would cross over well to someone like Thomas or Murphy, or possibly even Elaine. This just seems like a scene that could do with a more human perspective looking at it.

Zarent
07-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Holy. Fuck.

Seriously, this turned Harry into nearly a supersaiyan, [glowy and flying included], but LittleChicago made it work.

LittleChicago
07-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I was seriously nervous about how folks would react to this chapter. Took for-fucking-ever to write as a result. There were additions, subtractions and total re-writes for three weeks. I finally just said "Screw it."

Hope I managed to tread the fine line between "epic" and "total shit." So, Zarent, I appreciate it.

Aekiel... Um... yeah...

KrzaQ
07-14-2010, 02:52 AM
It definitely was epic and not total shit. Awesome :3

Innomine
07-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Pretty much what everyone else has said about this new chapter so far.

Luda
07-14-2010, 09:25 AM
I loved the latest update LC, very classy stuff... I have no idea why you thought it would be bad.

As a side note, would you be willing to write a short omake of this scene from someone else's point of view? It seems like the kind of thing that would cross over well to someone like Thomas or Murphy, or possibly even Elaine. This just seems like a scene that could do with a more human perspective looking at it.

I'd be pretty interested in seeing this happen too.

Keep up the good work LC.

JWH
07-14-2010, 11:49 AM
That didn't stray from epic for one second, IMHO.

Crowning Moment of Awesome was awesome.

Bukay
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Epic fight scene was epic.

However what I liked the most was Nicodemus, or rather his brain-dead body being controlled by Anduriel. That's something I haven't seen coming.

The idea that hellfire and soulfire are the most potent weapons against angels/fallen angels is, once you think about it, kind of obvious yet nicely done. Especially how denarians forgot it's effects on them...

Following this line of thinking, the swords could actually channel soulfire (from the user) or there's always an archangel/angel nearby who can "charge" them if the need be. Just food for thought.

J22
07-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Definitely epic but a little over the top. Dresden flying around putting the smack down on Denarians is a bit too Superman for me.

LittleChicago
07-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I was afraid I'd strayed into comic book territory, but then, I needed Dresden to be able to be on par with Nic, even if only for a short while. If it seemed too much, well, I like to think we bring things down nicely in the next chapter, which is up now.

KrzaQ
07-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Dresden didn't get the power without paying a price so it was all right. As for the latest chapter, I like your idea about who Cowl is.

Cappadocian
09-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Broken Circle Posted!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6354786/1/

lucis
10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I just notice that the third chapter of Broken Circle was posted two days ago. Thought people might be interested...

Ragon
10-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Chapter 4 is up on ff.net.

Ragon
11-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Updated again. Harry finally grew some stones to when facing the Merlin. I approve.

Shinysavage
11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't have words for how much I love this series. Brilliantly written, the characterisation is just right, the action is awesome, the plot is epic...Just amazing.

5/5, no question about it.

/shameless fanboying.

JWH
11-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I usually don't like posting in the library when I have nothing bad to say, because it feels like pointless fanboyism, but I'll take a page out of shinysavage's book and say this is still the best Dresden fic out there, and definitely one of the best fanfics period.

You have to keep this going until Ghost Story comes out, at least. So I can get my Dresden fix in the meantime.

Ragon
12-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Updated. The return of the gruffs!

Sauce Bauss
12-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Dresden/Ivy is the new Harry/Gabrielle :awesome

Ragon
12-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Damn was kinda hoping Kincaid would stick around. Great update.

The Berkeley Hunt
01-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Its times like this that I can really see why I came to DLP. I just spent most of a day going through this entire series, and I am blown away. The textbook definition of Original Flavor, there are basically no flaws. The only thing that could make this more awesome is if Harry actually boned the chicks, but then thats also true of the original.

Obviously a 5/5, and definitely the best Dresden fic I've ever read. Thanks DLP, you and Little Chicago rock.

yak
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
The latest chapter was a pretty good clarification chapter. It's building up to an awesome looking next chapter.

I shrugged. "How hard can it be?"

Pretty fucking hard, it turned out.

w1lliam
01-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Wow another update so quickly! You spoil us.

Chapter was great, im waiting to see how the red/jade court currently fit into this.

Ragon
01-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Updated.

Filler

KrzaQ
01-15-2011, 01:23 AM
I dunno why it took me so long to post this, because I read all the updates as soon as I got an email form ff.net.

Anyway, awesome, as always. I loved the portrayal of senior council members' awesomeness. Harry may be exceptionally strong, but he's still a little bitch compared to centuries of experience.

btw: ff.net seems to be filtering dlp's address.

yak
01-15-2011, 03:33 AM
btw: ff.net seems to be filtering dlp's address.

FF.net filters all URLs. The most common workaround I've seen is to spell it out, eg. forums dot darklordpotter dot net

LittleChicago
01-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Found this out when Scrib left me a review - series almost up to 300, btw, so thanks to all for that - and I went back and spelled it out. I hope it takes; DLP has been good to me and this series, so it was the least I could do (after I joined the C2).

TheWiseTomato
02-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Awesome update. Chaotic fighting is always fun. Was half expecting Dresden to make a Gandalf punny during his speech, but no luck...

We can has God!Dresden next chapter?

Regarding the presence of White Council members...wouldn't that be enough power to fully protect the civilians in the convoy? Or did Listens-to-Wind stay at the church?

Ragon
03-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Updated. I agree with Dresden he has alot of voices in his head.

yojorocks
03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Holy crap, awesome update. That said, I don't remember Milwaukee being pulled into Winter. Was that in a book that I'm conveniently forgetting, one of Chicago's previous stories, or was that flavor for the setting?

LittleChicago
03-16-2011, 02:33 PM
It's pg 32 or 33 in Storm Front - "The Unseelie Incursion of 1994, when the entire city of Milwaukee simply vanished for two hours."

TheWiseTomato
05-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Awesome update.
Dresden shows a pair of biggish bads why they don't fuck with him, and Mouse gets +100 awesome points.
And they have to do that again and again. Lookin to be an epic next couple of chapters.

The Berkeley Hunt
05-25-2011, 07:37 AM
The reference part was pretty funny at first, when he thought 'One does not simply walk into Mordor' I happened to be taking a drink. RL spittake. I thought the joke went on a bit too long though. Otherwise, hell yes, excellent update and good setup for an explosive finish.

Ragon
08-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Updated.

I honestly bet that Harry could kick Maeve's ass if he really wanted to. It has been along time since the stuff with the summer lady. Harry is far more experienced, powerful, and smarter than he was back then.

DemonicInfluence
08-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Updated.

I honestly bet that Harry could kick Maeve's ass if he really wanted to. It has been along time since the stuff with the summer lady. Harry is far more experienced, powerful, and smarter than he was back then.

But he's nearly passed out at the moment, so I don't think so.

Thaumologist
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I've suspected (or had an inkling) for a while that the only reason Molly was taken to become the Winter Knight was so that Harry would try to rescue her, by doing it himself. He is, after all, rather chivalrous that way. .

But yeah, with Harry is exhausted. Whilst he might be able to lay the smack onto Maeve at another time, he doesn't have a hope in hell (snigger) of doing so in his current condition.

Churchey
12-03-2011, 02:11 AM
UPDATED!
Everyone get your fix.

Vesvius
11-12-2012, 11:34 AM
This has updated. And again. And a third time in a row. And finished.