1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tucker Max; I hope they serve beer in Hell

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I've already reccomended it to IRC goers, but I don't believe I've made mention of it on the forums yet, so, I shall do so now. See? I just did. To give you an idea of the book, well. let's just say most of DLP is going to adore it in some form or fashion. I wanted to post an exert from the book, however formatting failure has stayed my hand.

Tucker Max: I hope they serve beer in Hell.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    One of the most entertaining things I've ever read.

Ever.

3. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Oh Tucker Max

Truly a repulsive person but yet his stories are fucking funny regardless

4. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Excellent book, it will make you laugh out loud at one point or another

5. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Tucker tries buttsex, hilarity does not ensue.

Best damn chapter name in the history of literature. My friends and I used to pass it around the lunch table at school and trade off reading out chapters.

6. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Is it bad that I dislike him and find no amusement in what he does?

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

No, it mean's you're a decent human being. ^_^

8. Lumnox

Lumnox Third Year DLP Supporter

I would have to agree. I admit that I first found/read the book years ago and like the first posters thought it was very hilarious. However after revisiting the book I find it deplorable. Then there's Mr. Max himself, who is just in a class of asshole all his own (and a creative black hole, seeing as he continuously has to ask for ideas from his fans at tuckermax.com)

9. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

This part is easily the best thing ever written. Ever.

10. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Read his stories ages ago, died laughing. Then I LOL'd even harder after watching a YouTube vid of him giving a talk somewhere: the guy sounds like a homosexual with a slight lisp/stutter at times. I truly have no idea how he scored the women he did, sounding like he does.

Still, damned hilarious story-teller; whether they're true absolutely does not matter XD

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To be fair to Tucker, its not as though he tries to claim that hes a nice guy or anything, he out and out admits in like every story that he's a raging asshole with nothing resembling a conscience in his body.

12. Lumnox

Still, even if some bastard out there out and out admits he's a pedophile, I don't particularly want him out there leering at little children

13. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How do you jump from immoral asshole to pedophile? Way to be over dramatic, he's bad but give me a break.

14. Lumnox

I believe that the main idea behind the two are similar: someone who lacks the decency to not act upon the socially-unacceptable tendencies and elements within themselves. My issue is not so much with the people of this forum, who find the stories funny but recognize that Mr. Max is an immoral asshole, but instead with the idiots who idolize his behavior.

The pedophile example is an exaggeration, yes. However it shows a clearer contrast in how praising or promoting likewise undesirable behavior can be a bad thing

15. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

To be fair, he did have sex with a midget, so apt analogy is apt ;)

16. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

17. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Why is it "decent" to restrain yourself from taking actions society does not approve of? Society at large is wrong just as often as it's right-- After all, you forget that most people in any given society are worthless pieces of shit. See the amount of neocons, rednecks, and other undesirables in America. (Hell, by your definition, gay buttfuckin' or interracial marriage is wrong.)

Why should you hold control over someone else whose actions rarely if ever lead to physical (or even financial) harm? You have no right not to be offended or emotionally wounded, and the very notion that you do is harmful.

In short: Your butthurt makes me smile.

18. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

No it doesn't. It equates being annoying and a douchebag with illegal actions.

19. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Less arguing, more rofling. Just take the book for what it is, people: One man's hilariously horrible sexual exploits through his younger years. You have to be a pretty uptight prick to not even get a single chuckle out of it.

Smile, I hate him too, but that doesn't mean I didn't laugh at the terribly stupid shit he's done.

20. Lumnox

I concede and will say my logic and argument were way too broad and flawed, as you you pointed out. I guess I have as much right to be irked by him being an asshole as he has a right to be one. I think I'm also thankful I don't have kids yet who can be exposed to these kinda things (well, before they can recognize the difference between "Dude, I wanna be him" and "Man, this guy is a dick, but damn if it wasn't funny.")

While I see that my logic was flawed, I still think the comparison holds some strength, though it is an exaggeration. The act of being an asshole and the act of leering aren't illegal in themselves, no. However, and I might not remember correctly as its been years since I've read the book but, I think that Mr. Max had in fact done some illegal things in the course of his stories. Off the top of my head, unknowingly videotaping him and his gf in "Tuck tries buttsex. Hilarity does not ensue." may have been violating expectation of privacy statutes, though I think those vary from state to state. Also, I think it was in a chapter called "UT Weekend" or something similar, he engaged in indecent acts on top of a hilltop, in the view of the general public.
    Idk, none of these or his other actions, legal or illegal, would be considered as atrocious as pedophilia; so while it was an exaggeration in bad taste (I apologize), I was not saying they were equal to eachother.

I concede I was wrong and will jump in with more funny:). One of the funnier stories imo (and in a kharma or of way) was the chapter titled something like "Tucker has the most disturbing conversation ever."

Lol, Tucker fucked a dude.