1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Someone explain to me why people like Draco(as a good guy).

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by david9, Apr 8, 2006.

1. david9

david9 Banned

I understand the actor is good looking and all, but if Harry and Hermione were black and Draco called them "niggers" all the time ("mudblood" seems to be about as offensive in HP), why would anybody write Draco as any "good" character's love interest?

Or maybe these same people write Hitler/Annie Frank fanfiction.

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    The Hermy/Dray is for the whole Romeo and Juliet thing. Harry/Draco is because the person hasn't taken their medication. Now I have a question. Why does Harry always in Slash have to have the kid and be the subservient little b!@$h?

3. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Slash Obssessed Fan-girls (and some guys) who want a sensitive Harry.
    :puke:
    :headshot:

4. david9

david9 Banned

I got a PM about this thread, it'd about Draco in general (Oh shit I actually agree with JKR about something!) I just don't understand why anybody would like a junior Nazi.

Like I said before, it'd be like a black girl falling in love with somebody in the KKK who thinks hunting black people should be legal. Oh and he calls her a "nigger" just about every chance he gets, and always talks about how the aryan race (purebloods) will destroy black people (halfbloods and muggleborns). It's just not going to happen.

You just answered your own question...they forgot their medication! Why else would fics where Hermione is captured by death eaters and raped by every evil male in England and then impregnated by Voldemort be classified as "Romance"?

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

/quits laughing his ass off/

Yeah... because Juliette broke Romeo's nose... and he called her a useless wench all-the-time, its perfect Shakespearian Love!

Not.

I personally like to use Draco, because he's a canonical pompous, loud-mouthed, supremist; and that cuts down on OC's.

6. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Sure. But i am guessing that with those glorious character traits, he is not a 'good guy'

7. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    The Romeo and Juliet thing ain't my idea, but if you look at the profiles of the hardcore who write that that's their explanation.

8. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I don't know how people can read/write slash, let alone harry/draco harry/severus, it is just wrong on too many levels.
    As for people liking Draco, people just like the bad boy. Personally, i hate the bastard, and i think that it's because when i was in 5th grade and started to read SS/PS Draco was harry's enemy and i couldn't stand anyone who opposed harry. Now i just don't like how people try and make draco all good and nice..

9. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I usually stop reading fics that have Draco or Snape being nice guys. It ruins the characters for me. I don't mind fics where those two join the good guys but still stay the snarky, smart assed, supremists we love to hate.... at least I do.

Making them into goodie-two-shoes means they stop being Snape or Draco.

Why do people like to write redemption stories? Probaly because they have a crush on the actors and think all the world is full of pink flowers and fluffy bunnies. i.e. they are sadly ignorent of the real world and do not even want to acknowledge its horrors because they don't want to loose the dillusion of safety.

OMG!! All the slash fics are written by Fudge!!! More reason to hate the git.

10. david9

david9 Banned

He's not a bad boy, he's just a racist jackass. In the real world, where the "mudbloods" outnumber his "purebloods" 10:1 he would've had that attitude beaten out of him.

Replace Muggle with black and Mudblood with nigger in the books and try to write a fic about THAT character being a good guy. it's just not going to happen, but I guess Draco fans delude themselves into thinking he's not a racist piece of shit.

I don't mind slash if it's Harry/Remus or Sirius or a Gryffindor/Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw, I just don't read it because it's impossible for me to connect with it. I still stand by my Hitler/Annie Frank comparison when it comes to Harry/Draco, Harry/Snape, etc though.

11. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Romeo+Juliet would only work in any convuluted sense if it was Draco/Ginny.

Draco is some one dimensional character created by Rowling to give Harry a childhood foe, to add immiture conflict and a slight bit of racism.

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Its because most girls who write those fics (13-16) are girls who try to change "bad boys" irl (Drug abusers, gang members etc).

They just have the girl (or Harry) try to change the Bad boy(Draco), whos more of a racist prick. From what I know around here(rl), its their favorite pass time.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I like Draco dead. Preferably in gross and humiliating fashion.

14. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Why have Draco as a good guy?

1. Fangirls can't see past the actor. "How can somebody so sexy be so mean? I know, let's write fanfiction yay!"

2. Could work seriously in a decent plot IF well developed.

3. That scene where Draco couldn't kill Dumbledore. "You're not a killer Draco" -> "You're a brilliant light wizard"

4. Fangirls want Draco and Harry to writhe around nekkid and will do anything to make that happen. Answer: Draco = good.

5. To make some lame-ass sappy romance with Hermy, Ginny, Molly (try and get that mental image out of your mind :lol: ) etc

15. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I might send draco to a hostel in Bratislava, should i ever decide to write a fic

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Most people like Draco because he's snarky, sarcastic and people generally like the villain more than the hero. I mean come on - this site is made because we all like Harry to kick ass with dark arts - Draco is just like that, as well as being the sarcastic git that we all like Harry to be. If you think about it a quick witted, insulting, sarcastic dickhead is so much better than a pansy-assed dumbles-boy.
    As for the fact that Draco is just another racist - I get the feeling he's only been like that because of his father. Afterall, JKR has set him up to be the redeemed hero who goes against family tradition, like Sirius, in the books.
    I'll admit I have read slash, but that was only because my best friend is obsessed with the stuff and needs someone to weed out the grammatical errors (though she's mainly obsessed with Stargate slash). Ugh! I'll never feel clean again after reading some of that stuff - though I stay away from anything too graphic.
    Overall I think people like Draco to be the good guy because he's the sort of person that is quite endearing, in a strange, sarcastic way (like Blackadder), though i don't mind seeing him killed in curious and creative ways. (I want to see how he dies in Make a Wish - should be highly amusing).

Aekiel

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Oh yeah, Draco kicks a lot of ass with Dark Arts. He's a sniveling little coward and a weakling. All he can do is bawl to daddy when he doesn't get his way. He's just like about every other Slytherin protrayed in canon. A spoiled little rich wastrel qualified to do nothing other than waste his inheritance. I find it quite hard to believe that anything he did in HPB was on his own merit, and that somebody (Snape) was holding his hand the entire time. He's not sarcastic or quick-witted, rather a dumb little inbred shit who hangs around with Crabbe and Goyle because they're the only two people in Hogwarts dumber than he is. Oh, and for being so much better than Harry, he's pretty much Potter's bitch in everything he tries to do against him. He's the pretend 'rival' who can't hold a candle to his better and persists in being little more than an irritation, never an actual threat. Maybe that changed in Half-Baked Plot, but I do my best not to even acknowledge that literary abortion's existance. Harry ought to have just killed the little cunt in the bathroom and redeemed that entire book.

Can you tell that I really, really hate Draco? His father is one of my favorite characters, but Malfoy Junior is the definition of useless.