1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Amortentia by Melusina - NC17

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Apr 9, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Amortentia
    Author: Melusina
    Rating: NC17 (actually, it's M+ becouse the smut isn't TOO graphic, but still...)
    Pairings: Harry/Bellatrix, Ron/Hermione
    Genre: Drama, Mystery/Suspense, Action/Adventure
    Summary: Harry, Hermione and Ron encounter a nasty surprise at 12 Grimmauld Place. Bellatrix Lestrange, on the other hand, finds things entirely to her pleasure.
    Link - http://hpfandom.net/eff/viewstory.php?sid=7680

One of rare Harry/Bellatrix romances (of sorts) where she and everyone else stay in character. Be mindful that this is post-HBP story, meaning that in-character Harry is a complete moron, but still, I found this story very interesting.

There will probably be a sequel too - this seems more like the first episode of a series, than a stand-alone fic.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It was okay.

I know you might think I say this because of the pairing but the Hermione and Ron's scene's werent needed half the time. They kinda ruined the flow of the whole thing.

Bellatrix was cool. The author didnt completely change her character. I found the end pretty good, how Voldemort just killed her like that. He seemed to be in a pretty bad mood.

3. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

Not at all bad.

I usually despise post-HBP fanfic. This is on my list of exceptions. Most of them are aimless, pointless, and unoriginal Horocrux scavenger hunts. They almost always end with Voldemort dead. This was neither.

I liked how everyone was Rowling's character still, and the author was able to still keep this pairing, as a nice lust/hate relationship, without being out of the realm or probability. Tarot references were cool, too.

4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Harry/Bellatrix-----Check
    Fucked Up Story---Check
    Slight Torturesex--Check

AMERISION APPROVED

5. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

NIIICEE....

really nice... good plot, one of the ones i liked... 8)

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It didn't do much for me in all honesty. Harry was just a little bitch who was raped by Bella via a potion, Voldie kills Bella, Harry & Co. escape. Not a bad story, but it just didn't do anything for me.

Yes, I'm aware this is a bump, but this is my two cents on the story.

7. snakehulk21220

snakehulk21220 Muggle

this story is seriously screwed up in so many ways it isnt even funny

8. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

it is an avarage story. not bad, not too good. nice reading.

9. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

"He breathed in the strong, spicy smell of her cunt."

That is the first time I've heard one described like curry.

Nice interaction between Narcissa and Bellatrix.

If the ending weren't lame I'd rate higher, as I think the characterizations and plot are pretty good except Voldemort. 3/5

10. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

So first off, this story is 6 chapters, clocks in around 15,000 words, and is completed.

At first, Harry and Co. are looking for the locket. We find Bellatrix is already there talking to Kreacher. They battle, Bellatrix wins.

Second chapter, we get to see Narcissa. She finds the locket at Borgin's and buys it. Ron and Hermione wake up, and interact. Ron somehow convinces Hermione that getting help is a stupid idea because Ron fears his mother. I mean maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't call Harry getting captured "a bit tricky".

Bellatrix chains Harry up, and then leaves. Harry tries to escape from the chains to no avail. Bellatrix decides to "indulge herself" and makes Harry drink a lot of Amortentia.

Next chapter: Harry follows her like a puppy to this room.

Lol wut? The thing that makes me believe this is totally implausible is that Harry could throw off the imperio like it's nothing.

They have sex, it's eh to read honestly. Narcissa shows up and sees Harry. She's disgusted it seems. Narcissa wants to see the Dark Lord, Bella refuses to help, Narcissa leaves.

Fourth chapter: Bella and Harry having sex again. Bella misses the spark he has, crucios him.

Ron and Hermione interact again, it kills the mood of the chapter really. Harry and Bellatrix again. Harry's treated a little nice and Bellatrix says Harry reminds her of Sirius when he is defiant.

Harry and Bella have angry sex, no lie.

I won't spoil the ending, but it's a bit of a let down really. Voldemort also acts very OC in my opinion. I'll have to give this story a 3/5 rounded up from a 2.5.

It's average is the best way to describe it. It's nothing horrible but nothing special due to the ending among a couple other things. Despite the Ron/Hermione interaction that came at random movements, and the characterization of Voldemort I'm happy with the characterizations otherwise.