1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Round Robin MkII - Ghost Story Discussion Thread (Changes Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Aekiel, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, with a combination of having read Changes and the newest posting in the Summer Breeze thread, I got the idea of starting up a new attempt at a collaboration story set post-Changes. So, I've posted an intro chapter in the Dresden WbA if anyone is interested.

The rules for this one are going to be a bit more fast and loose than the last, since structured lists don't seem to work too well around us (plus it's coming up to exam/study time for those at uni). So here's the adjusted rules:

• Posts are to be around 1k-2k in length (with a bit of leeway on either side if need be)
    • There is no set queue for who is to write the next piece, so it's on a first come-first served basis. Just post that you're writing the next one in this thread and then follow through with it.
      • Don't be a dick and claim three posts in a row. Give it at least 2 posts before you claim another go.
    • If you've claimed a post but aren't able to finish/post it within a reasonable timeframe, give us a heads-up so that someone else can claim it.
    • Last but not least, if anyone tries to turn Dresden into a girl or any other retarded shit like that I will have to shank a bitch. Got it?
    Okay, now all we need are some writers, so if you want to join in, just post so here. I've already set up the DWbA thread and posted an intro chapter here. I can't guarantee its quality since it hasn't been beta'd and I have no idea if I'm actually any good as a writer, but it'll do as a start off point.

So, enjoy! And have a go if you feel like writing something but don't want to commit to anything.

EDIT: Updated with more since I seemed to have forgotten to include a plot. There are still several options available to branch from, but at least now there are actual options rather than just 'anything and everything'.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I can't revive corpsetaker and then have her steal Dresden's body? :(

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I ship Corpsetaker/Dresden.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I ship Jon/Elder Gruff.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'd hit it.

6. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

A goat's fine, too.

-Is shot-

7. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

I've tacked on a brief continuation. Forgive any lack of quality, I haven't written in quite some time and churned this out in a 30 minute break between doing some work.

8. TurnCoat

TurnCoat First Year

Being a Dresden Fan, I am thoroughly unsatisfied with the ending of changes.

Here's what I want to write -

Not what, my host. But Who. He-Who-Lights-the-Way. For we are in the Outside.

Contd...

• Lash explains why Harry is here instead of Heaven/Hell.
    • A way for him to get back to life (with Lash).
    • The reason why Dresden chooses Lash's method.
    Since this story should appeal to the masses, all helpful suggestions are welcome. Please let me know if I should go ahead and expand these ideas into the next part.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First, if you truly intend to write this, you should make your own thread for it. This thread is for a co-op story where people write parts, then the next person does, etc.

If you actually plan to write this, i'd definitely read it. Sounds pretty cool tbh.

10. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

This is where I intended to go. It seemed to follow the general want for a Dante's Inferno-themed plot in Ghost Story anyway.

I had a bunch of ideas for where it could go, but it's up to the next writer after all. I might leave a few names to spark the imagination: He-Who-Walks-Behind, Rashid, and perhaps Lasciel.

11. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So... is this still on-going or is it just as dead as the last co-op?