1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Circular Reasoning by Swimdraconian - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by ip82, Apr 10, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Circular Reasoning
    Author: Swimdraconian
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Angst
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 21
    Words: 165,297
    Updated: June 5, 2012 (ff.net)
    Updated: January 4, 2013 (DLP)
    Published: November 28, 2005

Pairings: None (smells like multi-het)
    Summary: Chance and Fate are two very similar beings with very different outcomes. Due to circumstances beyond his control, Harry ends up in his thirteen year old body with a war and a troubled future on his mind. But what if Voldemort was a bit smarter this time
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2680093/1/
    Link: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=7193&page=1

Another AU, where older and experienced Harry is thrown into his younger body (just before his 3rd year).

Big upside here is that this Harry is rather dark, so it's not likely we'll see too much happy tears and "best friends forever!" crap. Another good thing is author's ambition regarding the plot - he's not simply going through the PoA and making it cooler; Instead, he's trying to introduce some new concepts and characters and make the story his own. Unfortunately, some of this additions smell strongly of manga and anime (dual guns, swords etc...), but there are people who like that, so I guess it's not too bad.

The biggest fault of this story for now is somewhat slow update rate, but what is written so far is rather good, so I think this is worth following, at least until some major screwup.

Checked by Minion, January 9, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This sounds pretty good, I'll give it a read. I really hope it doesnt go into swords, dual guns, ect... that'll just... ruin it in my opinion.

3. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

I enjoyed it greatly.
    A bit slow updates?
    Published: 11-28-05 - Updated: 04-04-06 - and that's just 3 chapters!
    Didnt like the swords thing either.

But, as I said, I enjoyed it. A very good story.

4. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

It's a very good story. I didn't mind the swords, I rather like martial arts and guns in a story if it isn't overdone and exagerrated, and they didn't get to that point. I didn't get the sense that they were just doing it to make Harry "cool", but rather to survive and gather as many skills/weapons as possible, so it's "ok" in my mind.

I loved the description they put into Knockturn. I've always loved the idea of expanding the boundaries of that dark and dreary alley. Especially because it isn't all that "small" anymore. My only complaint is how these new "magics" are just shoved down our throat without all that much info.

The updates? It's not that slow, I think. Once ever month and a half? I suppose that isn't very fast... *shrugs* As long as they continue I'll be happy.

5. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

Dual guns, martial arts, swords? Sounds a bit far fetched. I like the whole Harry goes back to young body back in time shit but sometimes fan fics go too far fetched. Like that Hero fic. He blew up the world there.
    Thats my pet peeve, when things are extremely unrealistic. I just started my own fic and I want to get more reasons down for everything that happens but I know how hard it can be.
    I will read it when I have no other fics to read, I suppose.

6. John Croaker

John Croaker Second Year

I second that. Let's just hope the author sticks to reality rather than WTF material. Still need some more before being able to make my mind about it.

7. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

i like it so far. But i do feel that the information given in the prologue could've been spread out over its own seperate post hogwarts fic, it would've made one hell of a story to see concentration camps and such..

8. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

After reading this, I do like it...but because i've read the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix, which is where all these new ideas of magic come from...so technically...the story IS a crossover...I really like it so far. :D

9. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

3 words- MINI STAINED FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!

10. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

i'd have to disagree as the one who introduced stained-future to the forum (lol *looks around sheepishly*), this fic is actually very well written, though it relies on prior knowledge of the crossover to understand.

11. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

Its not as bad as :stained

Did stained future really come to this board? where is he? I wanna flame a couple of his stories. It still gives me cliche nightmares!

12. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Stained Future never came here although I invited him many times.
    Nobody heard of him after his fics were deleted by Nazi admins of ff.net.
    I'm proud to say that I followed his stories since they were posted first time.

13. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

\

lol me too! like i said...i posted a link to his stories here many moons ago..thus creating the stained-revolution!

14. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

You aren't the only guilty one, but there was already a thread for it (search hates me), so mine was thankfully deleted. In my own defense, however, I was sleep deprived and not quite "with it" when I did so. I think my excuse at the time was "boredom"... or rather, I'm really wierd after consuming alcoholic substances.

I'll say the first two chapters of his stories never seemed too awful, but after that it was a complete headache to read.

To not be completely off topic; Crossover? eh. Damn, crossovers always mess with my mind if I've no experience with the crossover source. I hope they don't leave us hanging about the "new magicks".

15. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

I enjoyed master assassin :lol:
    And I liked this story...I hope he updates..

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Heh, I liked the story...the guns and swords were a little much, but atm it doesn't seem to be a big part of the story. So I'll have to read a little more to more actually judge the story.

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Well, I read it... I can kinda understand why guns and all that were in it, as the world was fucked three ways from Sunday and they'd need whatever they could get to fight the 'evil' sides.

That stuff with the blackmarket and Knockturn Alley were cool. I find it weird that someone like Lucius wouldnt have a pass to get down there though... meh.

Voldemort is downplayed quite a bit. I mean, everyone seems to be becoming Dark Lords, in the future anyway and his Death Eaters are nothing compared to Dead Hands, Skulls of Fury, whatever the hell the other dark people are using.

Still, I liked it and I await more.

18. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Guns

I like this story and I really did think it was pretty good, also I dont what was wrong with the guns it was very well explained and so far only in the begining when he was fighting a massive world war.

19. razz

razz Seventh Year

This suprised me, actually, I really enjoyed it. There's definately great potential... Usually I'd hate the muggle weapons, but here it was pulled off well - it fit, even.

20. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

It is getting much better, but Harry is now *gasp* related to Grindelwald, and is *doublegasp* a pureblood.

It is supremely entertaining, but it irks me that Harry is under someone else's control, the hot Winter Monarch lady. I don't usually like Harry enslaved to anyon, unless it is some gorgeous babe that doesn't abuse him too badly.

It isn't Stained-Future in that everything is utilized, unlike Stained, wher he had weaposn for the sake of having weapons.