PDA

View Full Version : Shivering display

BloodRedSword
05-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm using a Fujitsu L1010 which I brought last year from the November IT show. Didn't have a problem until last week when the display keeps jumping up and down like a madman. It keep flickering and I can see the top bar of my Google Chrome at the bottom and the whole damn thing keeps 'shivering'. A lot of small movement up and down.

It's very irritating. Can someone tell me what is wrong?

Lord Ravenclaw
05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
It's possible the display connection is loose, or it could be that the display is going out. Is it under warranty at all?

Oz
05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
It might be cold. Wrap it in a blanket and feed it hot soup.

/lamepun

Torak
05-24-2010, 12:45 PM

/lamepun

Oz stop your trolling man.

wordhammer
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
A brief search came up with another user with a similar display 'nervousness'. Most likely this is a loose connection or bad EM interference as part of the design, so Fujitsu should have a solution. It's a recent model, so unless you acquired it under the table you should be able to get a solution from them.

Antivash
05-24-2010, 02:21 PM

/lamepun

You're all wrong. See, this display was kidnapped from its family and sold into slavery! It's terrified BRS is gonna do awful things to it.

You must set it free, Blood Red Sword! It Must Be Freeeeeee!

ForsakenOne
05-24-2010, 06:17 PM
I lol'd.

Firstly, i would find out if its a software or hardware issue. (Safe mode etc)

Software issue could probably be located to your graphics drivers. If its hardware though you are screwed. Might also want to test it on another computer before trashing it.

BloodRedSword
05-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Tried safe mode. Didn't work, looks like I will have to put my work on hold a few days... Sigh...

Litany of Hatred
05-31-2010, 03:37 AM
This may not be at all useful, but it is at least something to eliminate.

I once had a similar problem caused by a fan-generated magnetic field. Try moving the system to different places, keeping all power cords and electronics away from the unit.

Old fans and AC units are notorious for throwing out hella-huge EMI fields (easily covering an entire room). You might even want to try it at a friends house or work... wherever.

Hope it helps.